Trey Edmonds commits to MN per On3

Awesome, needed some size.

Yup

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240506_170729.png
    Screenshot_20240506_170729.png
    462.3 KB · Views: 12

Per Marcus:

Texas San Antonio forward Trey Edmonds gave the Gophers men's basketball team the size it needed with a commitment Monday to play for Minnesota next season.

The 6-10, 255-pound Edmonds picked the Gophers over Mississippi and Cincinnati after an official visit over the weekend. He averaged a career-best 7.0 points and 5.8 rebounds in 32 games last season.

Edmonds started his college career playing 53 games at Utah Tech in two seasons. The Colorado native started all 32 games in the frontcourt for UTSA. He scored in double figures 11 times last season, including a season-high 15 points and eight rebounds in the season-opening win vs. Western Illinois.

Go Gophers!!

Per ESPN, his first year’s free throw percentage was 12% (TWELVE percent). It climbed all the way up to the 40’s last year. We should have a solid chance, considering F Michell, Fox and others, of re-capturing our Worst Free Throw Shooting Team in America title from 2022-23.

Last year's guard additions Hawkins and Mitchel were unknown and appeared to be fill-ins, but they turned out quality additions. Won't know until B10 season starts whether this year's additions were quality. A lot of work to coach these additions to worthwhile B10 players.

Last edited:

Every team gunna be going 13 deep against us. Just fouling us.....

Per ESPN, his first year’s free throw percentage was 12% (TWELVE percent). It climbed all the way up to the 40’s last year. We should have a solid chance, considering F Michell, Fox and others, of re-capturing our Worst Free Throw Shooting Team in America title from 2022-23.
Always got to be negative

In case anybody was wondering what the raw numbers were, he shot 2/16 his freshman year.

We also have three 80% shooters in Garcia, M Mitchell and Williams. Frank Mitchell and Edmunds won't be on the floor together. Ben will have to manage it down the stretch as he did with Payne. I like this pickup!

He is a really athletic guy who is more than just a body off the bench.

His dad played at Colorado with Billups.
Agreed, he's an athlete with good strength and he can board a little, and along with Mitchell, Garcia, and Fox, they've got a decent group on the front line who can physically match up with most teams.

And while this isn't the 2011 Kentucky Wildcats here, Johnson has put together a team with limited resources (money) that will have a chance to compete, especially if Patterson signs. And they will have some depth.

I give the guy credit for what he's done so far, and after last year, he deserves the opportunity to coach next year. And I know many of the the Johnson skeptics will have a problem with that, but many of them wouldn't know a good coach if he came up and bit them in the ass.

Agreed, he's an athlete with good strength and he can board a little, and along with Mitchell, Garcia, and Fox, they've got a decent group on the front line who can physically match up with most teams.

And while this isn't the 2011 Kentucky Wildcats here, Johnson has put together a team with limited resources (money) that will have a chance to compete, especially if Patterson signs. And they will have some depth.

I give the guy credit for what he's done so far, and after last year, he deserves the opportunity to coach next year. And I know many of the the Johnson skeptics will have a problem with that, but many of them wouldn't know a good coach if he came up and bit them in the ass.

I’d pay to see said biting

Top Bottom