To those calling to fire PJ, who would you hire in his place?

😆

Man, at the end of the day, it’s just a football game. There are bigger things in life to worry about than a W or a L 🤷🏻‍♂️

We passionate about Gopher football, don’t know why, but we are….but we’re also passionate about McDonald’s….

Just another passionate thing in our lives.

Not Wendy’s?

i think the leader in the clubhouse if fleck was gone would have to be Rossi if he wants it.

Can we find a time machine and get Lance Leipold from about 10 years ago?
A guy who has lost 5 of his last 6 games including losses to 3 6-5 teams

I would say that Lance Leopold isn’t the top football coach in Kansas.

Has anyone figured out this maybe as good as it gets regardless of who is willing to coach the Gophers.
This may be true. And if it is, most fans won't admit why it's true. In fact, most fans won't even wonder. The answer might be found by interviewing recruits who we failed to land to ask them what it was that caused them to enroll in another school. Start with the ones who chose Iowa and Wisconsin.

We don’t need a new coach. We need PJ to do what he did in 2019. That was run the ball but pass enough to keep them honest. I loved that style of play, it was perfect! When you don’t have the stud athletes you have to win in the trenches and I get that. I just don’t like the complete lack of a passing game over the last 2 years. Some would argue WRs are to blame as we don’t have Bateman or Johnson here now. I get that, but it’s on PJ to recruit WRs. He hasn’t been able to get it done recently. PJ just morph back into your old self and we are set! I miss you old PJ!

I’ll play along just for fun.

If the AD was looking for a new coach my first call would be to Dave Aranda.

I’ll play along just for fun.

If the AD was looking for a new coach my first call would be to Dave Aranda.
That’s a good plan until Aranda says LOL and hangs up.

Considering he could name any number of jobs and one of the only thing Minnesota would have on some of those other jobs (like Nebraska) is realistic expectations and the firing of fleck this year would be proof that there aren’t realistic expectations.

That’s a good plan until Aranda says LOL and hangs up.

Considering he could name any number of jobs and one of the only thing Minnesota would have on some of those other jobs (like Nebraska) is realistic expectations and the firing of fleck this year would be proof that there aren’t realistic expectations.
Of course Aranda would say no.

Also, Fleck isn’t getting fired nor should he be fired.

I think PJ is here to stay for awhile ,but having said that he needs to beat Iowa if he expects to be coaching here for years to come. Coaches get fired for not beating their border rivals and I believe this could eventually lead to the U parting ways with PJ. As much success as John Cooper had at OSU his record vs Michigan was an abissmal 2-10-1 and eventually was a big factor in his firing.

Urban Meyer
Jon Gruden
Deon Sanders

Someone big who can attract 5⭐️ & 4⭐️ recruits

Recruiting is key
Relying on high rated recruits at Minnesota is a recipe for distaster they will not come! We have to develope recruits if we want to be successful

Can't believe Fleck missed a 25 yard field goal and fumbled the ball st the 10 yard line smh
Yeah but discipline/intangibles is Fleck's trademark. If that's gone, what's left??

Give me a name that you think we could realistically hire that would be better. One wrong hire and we're back to the Brewster days. Nebraska is experiencing this right now and both Illinois and Purdue were there.

I understand the frustration about having not won against Iowa, but if we win against Wisconsin and win a bowl game we'll have another 9 win season. I know PJ was supposed to elevate us, but right now, the wrong hire will send us back to the cellar of the Big Ten and I don't want to be there.

So I ask again, who would you hire specifically? What coach would realistically come here and has a record that you think shows they could succeed and break the 8-9 win ceiling?
You got me.

I don't have a name for you.

So, does that prove we should stick with Fleck for the next 10 years, no matter what?

That makes no sense to me.

By this logic, we should've never fired Mason. Because we hired Brewster. Shame on us for wanting better!

Yeah but discipline/intangibles is Fleck's trademark. If that's gone, what's left??
Yet, he cost the team not 1 but 2 bench, 15 yard penalties against Iowa in the past 2 contests or was it the 2 of the past 3?

If you believe Barriero, since the Penn State win in '19, the Gophers are 2-8 when playing teams that are .500 or better. To be a good team, at some point you have to be able to beat other good teams.
I do believe Barriero, but maybe put it in context. What was the Gopher's record against teams >500 in the 10 or so years before they hired PJ?

Was it better than that? I doubt it. Also, it's cherry picking stats to throw out his best season so far. What happens if we look at his full tenure?

Last edited:

Today is the first day since PJ was hired that the "new coach" wish has crept into my head. PJ is admittedly a very strong organizer, visionary, and good face for the program, but it's becoming apparent that he can be a total dumbass when it comes to game tactics. Being a dumbass in one game happens, especially against good competition. But when the dumbassery happens over and over against rivals in similar fashion, maybe the dumbassery is a trend?
He's not "changing his best".

I think PJ is here to stay for awhile ,but having said that he needs to beat Iowa if he expects to be coaching here for years to come. Coaches get fired for not beating their border rivals and I believe this could eventually lead to the U parting ways with PJ. As much success as John Cooper had at OSU his record vs Michigan was an abissmal 2-10-1 and eventually was a big factor in his firing.
The longest losing streak to Iowa before our current 8 game slide was 5 games (it happened 4 times and most recently 2001-2205. Fleck has 6 in a row and no wins. I'm probs in the minority, but if I could only win 1 of the 2, I'd rather beat Iowa than Bucky.

Top Bottom