Tim Brewster a candidate at FAU?

positively4thstreet

Reaction score
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...faus-next-head-coach-20131031,0,4408856.story

From the article:

"Tim Brewster — recruiting coordinator — Florida State: This is a wildcard selection, but Brewster established a better-than-expected program at Minnesota before getting the boot. He's a program builder and has an energy that can spark a dormant flame. Not certain he's resigned to a fate of being an assistant."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...faus-next-head-coach-20131031,0,4408856.story

From the article:

"Tim Brewster — recruiting coordinator — Florida State: This is a wildcard selection, but Brewster established a better-than-expected program at Minnesota before getting the boot. He's a program builder and has an energy that can spark a dormant flame. Not certain he's resigned to a fate of being an assistant."

What effing planet is this reporter from? What has Tim Brewster ever built? Give me a break.

Do they like their chili hot in Boca Raton?

Are they hungry?

Are they starving?

Would love to see him as a head coach. Purely for the soundbites.

Don't bring a pellet gun to the interview, Tim.

From the article:

I think Brew could do well at a place like FAU, out of the bright spotlight of the Big Ten but in a great recruiting area to draw talent from. However as for the reasons to hire him given by that writer....ummm yeah not really sure where to go with that, especially the line about him being a program builder.

Brewster established a better-than-expected program at Minnesota before getting the boot.

jackie-chan-meme.jpg

This statement from a reporter is good for a good laugh!

recruiting coordinator — Florida State: This is a wildcard selection, but "Brewster established a better-than-expected program at Minnesota before getting the boot." "He's a program builder and has an energy that can spark a dormant flame. Not certain he's resigned to a fate of being an assistant.
Who is worse in Minnesota sports football coaching history Les Steckl or Tim Brewster, both had big talk with not a lot of results to show for there big yaps.

Does anyone think he will ride in a helicopter to the interview to impress his potential bosses at FAU?

Hes taking the owl nation to Pasadena

" Are you the hunter, or are you the bear"...." You don't go on a bear hunt with a stick " If you want to get some you got too bring some"

When shoddy research meets deadline:

"I want a "wild card" for that list. Somebody nobody else has thought of. Brewster, that Recruiting Coordinator at FSU, he use to be the Head Coach up at Minnesota right? Minnesota's doing well now aren't they? Good, got it"

Tim Brewster — recruiting coordinator — Florida State: This is a wildcard selection, but Brewster established a better-than-expected program at Minnesota before getting the boot. He's a program builder and has an energy that can spark a dormant flame.

Looking for ballers to come to FAU!

I think the comments I've already read from this read may be the best things I've seen on the Internet in weeks. Well played, gentlemen :)

No effin' way.. LOL!!

I'd take Brewster over like fickell. (Other rumored candidate).

Brewster won 6 games twice at Minnesota,
Fickell won 6 games at Ohio state.

If I'm FAU I try to hire a Florida guy though. They shouldn't need to leave the state to be competitive. Brewsters Minnesota teams in year 2 and 3 could have won the sun belt.

There has gotta be a better assistant coach out there. Who is central floridas o coordinator?

Do they like their chili hot in Boca Raton?

Are they hungry?

Are they starving?

They may well be starving. Brewster might be the best thing on the menu.

Whoever wrote this didn't check facts. He didn't establish a better than expected program at Minnesota, he established a worse than expected program. How much effort would it have taken to look this up?

That being said, I don't think that Brewster would be a terrible choice. FAU isn't a terribly in-demand job. Perhaps Brewster has made his rookie mistakes already. Brewster to FAU wouldn't really raise eyebrows, but this ill-informed piece sure does. Program builder....

They're close to Canaveral, maybe they could get a moon rock for the locker room. The Rose Bowl was good enough for us. FAU...the MOON!

By God, I'd forgotten how precious that fool was. Ya had to love him, though. Except, of course, on Saturday evening when the results were in.

It wouldn't shock me if he did just fine at FAU.

Nobody on this board is smarter now than they were 5-7 years ago? I'm guessing he learned a lot from the experience here, and since then as well.

It wouldn't shock me if he did just fine at FAU.

Nobody on this board is smarter now than they were 5-7 years ago? I'm guessing he learned a lot from the experience here, and since then as well.

Ogee; Don't disagree that he could do a better job now. How much better, just don't know. Really disagree that he "established a better-than-expected program at Minnesota before getting the boot. He's a program builder."

Now that shows nothing except the writer probably isn't "smarter now than he was 5-7 years ago."

Actually, not a bad candidate - as a pure rookie, with revolving assistant coaches and serious injuries to key players, he did reasonably well - opened 7-1 in second season. Then he wasn't ready for prime time, but probably has learned some lessons.

Whose to say how Brew might have turned out as a Big Ten coach had he been required to work his way up. I'd like to see him get a head coaching gig just to see if he was really a good football mind in over his head, or if he just doesn't have it.

Also, it's kind of amazing, the different career trajectories of Kill and Brewster. It really shows the power of charisma that a guy like Kill essentially had to climb mount everest to get a major conference gig, whereas Brewster essentially had it gifted to him.

I think Brew could do well at a place like FAU, out of the bright spotlight of the Big Ten but in a great recruiting area to draw talent from. However as for the reasons to hire him given by that writer....ummm yeah not really sure where to go with that, especially the line about him being a program builder.

This is pretty much where I stand. It's really the type of job he should have gotten in the first place, not in the Big Ten. I'd like to think there are aspects he picked up a bit from his time here that he would be able to use in a job like FAU and actually have some success. He had two bowl years with us, it's not like he flopped in all aspects. "Program builder" he is not though, my word how silly is that to even write that nonsense on paper.

Top Bottom