Tidbits from last night

I also wanted a good RB and DT added to the class. But as has been pointed out, we have sufficient numbers at both positions that we don't need to offer a scholarship to just anyone.

Finally, I talked to Mike Sherels for a minute or 2. Told the story on how he lucked out and sat next to Coach Kill at a basketball game earlier this year. He was forward and straight out asked him if there was a position for him on the staff. By the end of the game, Mike was offered a job. He looked like he couldn't have been happier to be back with the program. Very nice guy.

My sister taught Mike at John Marshall and says the same things, "great person, hard worker..." Really liked him. What is his new staff position?

about Mason and staff. Each winter Mason would pay for a staff vacation/cruise with wives/girlfriends etc. I had several conversations with Mitch Browning over the years and he said
Mason was demanding like most head coaches, but very good to his staff. Don't know about Brewster because I never talked with any of his staff. You do wonder though how he was to work for with all the changes he made? I like the fact that Kill's staff has been with him for a long time.

If he let them bring their wives and girlfriends he was a great boss.:D

- Honestly, the direction of the conversation changed and all I remember him saying was Roof and the "Culture surrounding the program" weren't a good fit. Read into that however you want but understand that this individual didn't have many nice things to say about Brewster. I consider this person credible. Remember that Brewster could have fired him but kept him in his position. It didn't sound personal in his criticism of Brewster. This individual is at every practice, every game, and many team meetings so he's sees and hears almost everything.

If Brewster's culture was the problem in Roof's eyes or your source then Joel Maturi took care of that problem.:clap:

Maybe Roof's problem was that Minnesota's culture doesn't let him pay for players, good thing he found a place that doesn't care about that

My sister taught Mike at John Marshall and says the same things, "great person, hard worker..." Really liked him. What is his new staff position?

Mike said he is the "Special Assistant to the Head Coach". The's the Head Gopher Gofer. I don't think he minds...

It is a great opportunity, and he could someday become a full-fledged assistant.

Here he is....

- Honestly, the direction of the conversation changed and all I remember him saying was Roof and the "Culture surrounding the program" weren't a good fit. Read into that however you want but understand that this individual didn't have many nice things to say about Brewster. I consider this person credible. Remember that Brewster could have fired him but kept him in his position. It didn't sound personal in his criticism of Brewster. This individual is at every practice, every game, and many team meetings so he's sees and hears almost everything.

one of the surviving recruiting coordinators under both Mason and Brewster.Oversees all databases and can provide the fine "E-details" on recruits with his computer skills.

fat-blogger.jpg

1.) Is Ted Roof talking about the president, AD, Regents, professors? If so the University of Minnesota has a serious problem.

I took it to mean Roof thought Maturi was a bigger joke than he thought Brewster was.

I have been in Edwards corner since he signed his letter of intent. He is the real deal. He could be the first big back we have had since Thompson. A true power back. Not a slasher, a one cut and go runner who can run over defenders. The answer on third and three.

The thought brought a smile to my face.

one of the surviving recruiting coordinators under both Mason and Brewster.Oversees all databases and can provide the fine "E-details" on recruits with his computer skills.

fat-blogger.jpg

He looks just like pantherhawk. Cornfed

Top Bottom