Thread removed about message to fans

I think the families of coaches understand that there will be criticism and personally are all ok with that as they are well compensated and mostly doing a job that they love. Coaches prepare their families for that stuff, but the vulgar comments are the issues. It's the saying stuff directly to them as they are leaving. I don't think she's talking about the fan yelling "Go back to Utah State Sanford" or the "Bring back Kirk" comments.
To be fair, that’s not too bad.
I did yell, “stay in Cincinnati Zimmer!” after the fifth first quarter penalty during the Vikings loss to the Bengals in the season opener.

These guys are paid a lot of money. And, have you seen pictures of Zimmers girlfriend? I am sure he also wanted to be home. End of the day, joke is on us.

1632952888561.jpeg

I think the families of coaches understand that there will be criticism and personally are all ok with that as they are well compensated and mostly doing a job that they love. Coaches prepare their families for that stuff, but the vulgar comments are the issues. It's the saying stuff directly to them as they are leaving. I don't think she's talking about the fan yelling "Go back to Utah State Sanford" or the "Bring back Kirk" comments.
If a person in public life or near to a public figure is hit with crude or vulgar comments she/he just walks away and accepts there are crude and vulgar people amongst us. It is not a big deal and not worthy of a public message board. Gopher fans are kind, polite, and understanding, as are most regular folks in America.

If a person in public life or near to a public figure is hit with crude or vulgar comments she/he just walks away and accepts there are crude and vulgar people amongst us. It is not a big deal and not worthy of a public message board. Gopher fans are kind, polite, and understanding, as are most regular folks in America.
And the coach will 99% of the time and honestly they won’t care. The said coaches kids and wives don’t always. It’s hard to hear people say vulgar things about a person you love. They shouldn’t have to just accept it either. That premise is awful and ridiculous to think they could hope for some change. That’s all the post from Mrs Fleck was saying. Has nothing to do with MN being tame and nice.

Maybe it is all part of the USC plan.
Maybe...but it would seem foolish to think that if one can't hack criticisms of a mid-tier program, one's going to have a far more difficult time hacking the criticisms inherent of an upper-tier program.

It why I love being living here as a sports fan despite all the heartache. I can't imagine living in a place where sports are or nearly as insane as the rest of American life. It why I dislike the who hates Iowa chant....
The Iowa chant is fine. But it makes Gopher fans look really damn stupid when they do it in a game not involving the Hawkeyes.

Maybe...but it would seem foolish to think that if one can't hack criticisms of a mid-tier program, one's going to have a far more difficult time hacking the criticisms inherent of an upper-tier program.
Did a coach quit because of the criticisms? What’s showing they can’t handle them?

Obfuscation. I am noted as being first to ID this ‘issue’ as an excuse to move.

The Iowa chant is fine. But it makes Gopher fans look really damn stupid when they do it in a game not involving the Hawkeyes.
I try to shoe-horn it into most of my real life situations.

This thread is going to go on forever much like a mask thread or the rights of the white supremacists in an attempt to make lives miserable.
Oh oh now you did it. Thread is really going to go off the rails! Moving soon to the OTB! I’ll start…what about the people of color who don’t wear masks? Are they white supremacists too? 😁

It why I dislike the who hates Iowa chant....
Whoa whoa whoa. I think most of us appreciate the idea of treating other humans with respect. But Iowa fans? What next? I suppose we should also treat Badger fans civilly? You might need professional help.

False. It's 100% appropriate to start this chant anytime, anywhere.
Agreed. And at least this thread evolved into something more than what some college football coach's wife put on social media. Good Lord...

You don't get it then. That's why it's brilliant. It's supposed to be funny.

I guess it depends on your definition of negativity. All fans should be entitled to boo and cheer. The cheer only feels so good because it's just an emotional outburst of positivity. None of this happens without passionate fans. The things you hear at Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, Oklahoma, etc. when things aren't going well for them absolutely dwarfs the things you hear from Gopher fans. We are a mild bunch (which I think actually hurts our recruiting considerably more than being passionate).

Her husband is getting paid almost $5 million per year and on many Saturdays he has crowds of people cheering for him like he is Caesar returning to Rome. With that there are going to be some slight negatives. Those negatives will happen for our recruits, it happens to everyone in the NFL, and IMO, it comes incredibly out of touch, entitled, and desperate to be a victim to make/share a post like that.

I don't know anything about the post, but it sure looks like the original author was a HS coach's wife (fridaynightwives), and yeah, for them the post makes more sense.
We know the cure. Just win. 😄

Everybody will be happy. Fans will be dancing. Recruits would want to be here.

It took a hard 2018 season for the Gophers to gel into the 2019 memorable season. My hunch is that it will take time for this 2021 team to click. It's not because of dearth of talent.

It shouldn't have been a blowout to a MAC team who play the big boys hard. This falls on the coaches and the team leaders.

They better learn to recover fast before this season passes them.

Fans have every reason to be upset with the BGSU debacle.

You don't get it then. That's why it's brilliant. It's supposed to be funny.
Except few outside the State know "it's supposed to be funny".

Brilliant? Gopher fans have been tortured for decades with poor football. As a fan, I'd like to cheer success rather than "troll" an opponent.

But I guess Gopher fans are known for something.

There's a difference between being pissed off at a crappy coach making crappy football decisions, and then feeling the need to get personal and yell out awful things.

What would ever justify for a fan to walk up to a coaches wife after a bad loss and yell "your husband sucks!! He's ruined the team!!! I hope he gets fired!!!" in her face, with kids standing there?
Taking the over?

Except few outside the State know "it's supposed to be funny".

Brilliant? Gopher fans have been tortured for decades with poor football. As a fan, I'd like to cheer success rather than "troll" an opponent.

But I guess Gopher fans are known for something.
Agreed....Its dumb and old kind of like playing AC/DC or Guns and Roses music at games.

I was "that guy" when I was young. Always yelling at refs and opposing coaches and players, talking very badly. I look back and still feel like a piece of shit 30 years later at some of the things I said and did-still very embarrassed and ashamed. I should have gotten my ass kicked (parents were out my life at the time so no guidance). I don't know what was said that made her post what she did, but if it was some dumbass like my younger me, she should have done it. If it was only critique, that's a different story.
I now keep very quiet because everyone is trying their best. Sometimes there are decisions made that are wrong, but that is life and we all need to know how to deal with it. I'm still learning.
I get both sides of the issue. Frustration is a very toxic situation. You can't keep it inside of you once it reaches a certain level, but taking it out on others just creates more of it. If you understand that you can manage it and hopefully it doesn't get out of hand.

I get both sides of the issue. Frustration is a very toxic situation. You can't keep it inside of you once it reaches a certain level, but taking it out on others just creates more of it. If you understand that you can manage it and hopefully it doesn't get out of hand.
Exactly. I'm glad I'm I don't do some of the things I used to do over something like sports. It is only entertainment at the end of the day. Learning how to relax and not take things personally is not easy for some. Myself included.

What a chump move by Heather. Rip the fans, complain, get on a soap box, get some negative feedback and delete. Maybe people pointed out her family sits in a suite and her husband makes millions? I get not having him around may be tough on the kids but the cool thing is that he is football coach by choice. He could quit today and be a stay at home dad forever, if he wanted. I don't know many people with that option.
She's just as fake as her husband

Good lord. The drama and anguish people in the public eye have to deal with. Massive eye roll

I don't bother yelling at either.

Most of the players are just kids, maybe with a scholarship ... but you know I don't bother yelling at pros either ... they know. They don't need to hear my angst directed directly at them.
It is probably better we just pay our money and fawn googly-eyed at how amazing athletes and famous people are regardless of their performance. Good lord…..

I guess we have an idea who the coach was who wasn't a good coach who Heather was referring to.

Top Bottom