Thoughts on % chance that we can attend 2021 games at TCF, let's see predictions

Those are tickets sold. Not attendance. Someone on Twitter or GH use to post ACTUAL in the stadium attendance and it was like 60-70% of tickets sold, roughly.
Well if you heard it on Gopherhole it has to be true.

Those are tickets sold. Not attendance. Someone on Twitter or GH use to post ACTUAL in the stadium attendance and it was like 60-70% of tickets sold, roughly.
You also can’t just assume if you sell all the tickets people won’t come if you’re trying to limit capacity. What are you going to turn people away once you hit a certain number?

You also can’t just assume if you sell all the tickets people won’t come if you’re trying to limit capacity. What are you going to turn people away once you hit a certain number?

Huh? I never said I'd do that. I think you misunderstood.

Well if you heard it on Gopherhole it has to be true.

Sometimes people share things on here that are factual, hard to believe, I know.

From the 2018 article:
The Gophers announced a crowd of 41,291 for their opener against New Mexico State, for example, but the number of scanned tickets was 20,218. In four of the following home games, actual attendance was fewer than 23,000 in TCF Bank Stadium, which now has a capacity of 50,805.

Just an example of how the attendance is misleading.

Sometimes people share things on here that are factual, hard to believe, I know.

From the 2018 article:
The Gophers announced a crowd of 41,291 for their opener against New Mexico State, for example, but the number of scanned tickets was 20,218. In four of the following home games, actual attendance was fewer than 23,000 in TCF Bank Stadium, which now has a capacity of 50,805.

Just an example of how the attendance is misleading.
When the team is tanking, yes that can be true because season tickets are already purchased and they don't show up. It doesn't happen that way in a good season. I'm going to assume next year will be a good season. Some guy even said we would win the big ten!

Huh? I never said I'd do that. I think you misunderstood.
I guess then I don't understand what point you were trying to make. Yeah some games there would be less people who show than tickets sold in a normal season (ie season ticket holders not coming to NC games, things coming up, etc.). But the marquee games (ie Wisconsin, Nebraska) the stadium will be as full as you allow it to be (those states will travel if local people choose not to go), thus that's what you've got to plan as your allotted attendance plan. Can't flex it based on "expecting" a certain number of people to no show. If you're talking on average, the U won't lose out on a ton of money to allow 50% capacity (because it will be less than that for Miami and BG) but they would on the marquee games of WI, NE, and OSU which, if the team performs, I'd expect there to be as many people there as you will allow. So, in short, yeah the U will make "less" money if they cut capacity and will have less actual in-seat attendance IMO than they would if no pandemic concerns were there.

It's Minnesota. There won't be any fans until everyone is vaccinated, LOL. And, even after that you'll still have to wear 3 masks or a hazmat suit to get in 100% occupancy. Democrat dictator state. I love living in Arizona. Sad to see the state of MN still probably not even being as good as it currently is here by then.

Very easy to find examples of healthy young people who have died from this disease.

Let's leave it at that in this thread/on the football board, please.

Many more young people died of suicide because of COVID enforced isolation, than from COVID itself. Very easy to find these examples, you public health hypochondriac.

Go Gophers.

Many more young people died of suicide because of COVID enforced isolation, than from COVID itself.
If this were true, you would've cited something which would prove you didn't make it up out of thin air.

You didn't. Take it to the OTB, please.

I live in Iowa and didn't know the governor had a mandate. Thanks for the info.

My wife and I will be traveling from Texas next year to some home football games, and I was wondering what our chances would be of being able to buy tickets. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

My wife and I will be traveling from Texas next year to some home football games, and I was wondering what our chances would be of being able to buy tickets. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

The Athletic Department has said nothing about this upcoming fall regarding attendance or ticket availability and etc.

So no news yet.

The logistics of marketing and selling tickets will require that tickets go on sale in the next 2-4 months. The reality of the pandemic means that we won't really know whether fans will be allowed or in what numbers until the season is set to start and, even then, policies may change as circumstances change. I hope that the Big Ten learned from last year that it makes no sense to announce schedules and policies like they are set in stone when, in fact, they are not. Better to just keep their fan bases in the loop as to what they hope to do while recognizing that there are multiple factors that might change that plan.

For all of the talk and complaints about government restrictions, the first step is at the conference level. Right now, the State of Minnesota could announce that it will allow 100% occupancy and things at Mariucci and Williams Arena wouldn't change a bit because the Big Ten limits on fans would prevent that.

The logistics of marketing and selling tickets will require that tickets go on sale in the next 2-4 months. The reality of the pandemic means that we won't really know whether fans will be allowed or in what numbers until the season is set to start and, even then, policies may change as circumstances change. I hope that the Big Ten learned from last year that it makes no sense to announce schedules and policies like they are set in stone when, in fact, they are not. Better to just keep their fan bases in the loop as to what they hope to do while recognizing that there are multiple factors that might change that plan.

For all of the talk and complaints about government restrictions, the first step is at the conference level. Right now, the State of Minnesota could announce that it will allow 100% occupancy and things at Mariucci and Williams Arena wouldn't change a bit because the Big Ten limits on fans would prevent that.
Also depends on how many ST holders rolled over their 2020 ticket payments. That alone could take up a big chunk of limited tickets. Really depends on how the covid numbers go through the Summer. Estimating that roughly 20,000 ST sold in 2020 and let's say half just rolled them to 2021, that's 20% capacity right there. Regardless, I can't see more than 50% allowed even if the covid numbers are very good by the start.

Also depends on how many ST holders rolled over their 2020 ticket payments. That alone could take up a big chunk of limited tickets. Really depends on how the covid numbers go through the Summer. Estimating that roughly 20,000 ST sold in 2020 and let's say half just rolled them to 2021, that's 20% capacity right there.
Not disagreeing with your numbers, but they aren't going to determine priority by whether or not you rolled over your payment. They announced last year that there wouldn't be any penalty regardless of what plan you opted to choose. If there are limited seats, they will use Gopher Loyalty Score, just like they do for everything else. Expect a reminder that there is still time to make a donation and improve your spot in the pecking order.

The only thing that can possibly screw things up at this point are the variants. Still a "wait and see, stay vigilant" on that, for now.

But otherwise, it's clearly happening. Cases are trending down quite nicely at the moment. Deaths are usually lagging cases by about three weeks, so around the end of the month early March, I really think things are going to be looking good.

BShDfmI.png

By end of March, hoping everyone who actually wants a vaccine will have had the chance to get it. That will be about 50% of adults. Then from there, we'll see.

🤞

Purdue Indiana and Northwestern are most likely games for me. we will have the virus under control by this summer with mop-up action this fall.

The only thing that can possibly screw things up at this point are the variants. Still a "wait and see, stay vigilant" on that, for now.

But otherwise, it's clearly happening. Cases are trending down quite nicely at the moment. Deaths are usually lagging cases by about three weeks, so around the end of the month early March, I really think things are going to be looking good.

BShDfmI.png

By end of March, hoping everyone who actually wants a vaccine will have had the chance to get it. That will be about 50% of adults. Then from there, we'll see.

🤞
Most recently Dr. Fauci predicted that the vaccine will be available for everyone by mid-april I believe. If that is true, the biggest factors are how many vaccines can be administered per day and how many people actually get vaccinated.

They just had 25,000 people attending the Super Bowl. It's unreasonable to think we will have fans at the Bank in 8-9 months? I don't get it, I really don't

Depends where in WI you are. My parents live in Danbury and they say no one masks up there. " Up there" being anywhere from Spooner to Hayward to Superior.
Funny you mentioned this. I was just in Spooner and Hayward last weekend. The couple who owned a store in that area had a little fight over masks when I came in (wearing one). Wife wanted husband to put his on and he absolutely refused. They bickered the whole time I was there. He tried to get me in on it and I just shook my head no.

They just had 25,000 people attending the Super Bowl. It's unreasonable to think we will have fans at the Bank in 8-9 months? I don't get it, I really don't
Well, it was Florida . . . I'd imagine if we see a spike in cases that can be traced back to attendees of the game then there will be more hesitation. If not, it will certainly be used as proof that reduced capacity could be viable if 100% isn't yet.

100%
If I can’t, I might stoop so far as to vote Republican

They have exceeded MN in the # of cases and deaths.

That's the beautiful thing about numbers...you can typically pick the ones that support your position. You are correct they have more deaths than Minnesota, but Minnesota's death per million is 7.7% higher than Wisconsin's. So all of der Fuhrer's draconian measures have really not had the glowing effect many like to think.

Not disagreeing with your numbers, but they aren't going to determine priority by whether or not you rolled over your payment. They announced last year that there wouldn't be any penalty regardless of what plan you opted to choose. If there are limited seats, they will use Gopher Loyalty Score, just like they do for everything else. Expect a reminder that there is still time to make a donation and improve your spot in the pecking order.
Yep, and that would just add to the total as those with higher loyalty scores than the bottom ST holder who rolled over...the rollovers are the floor, which was my point.

Top Bottom