Think they're close to the announcement?

I think we'll be seeing a new HC about this time next week.

*Warning, fake rumor, warning fake rumor*

North Carolina Tarheels coach Butch Davis is rumored to be a finalist for the Minnesota Golden Gophers head coaching position, according to insiders.

It's a fake rumor. First I generated a random number between 1 and 50, and came up with #43. http://www.random.org/ Then I looked up the 43rd rated team on Sagarin, which was North Carolina. Then I looked up who their coach was, and presto! Instant fake rumor. Now, I bet we could get the media to bite on all sorts of fake rumors. Start them here, and see how long it takes for the rumor to get picked up by the media.

I'm guessing one of the Randys will be hired by Wed. :confused:

Randy Shannon? Nope. This would go over terribly with the boosters if they highered a guy that just got fired for underachieving.

Randy Edsdall? Nope. If he'd take it he'd be the coach but he is just a tease.

More likely to be Hoke,Golden, Kill or Ken Niumatalolo.

I think the Gophers want them like this:

#1- Hoke, top guy in their minds
#2- Golden, close second
#3- Niumatalolo/Kill if neither of the above two take it.

*Warning, fake rumor, warning fake rumor*

North Carolina Tarheels coach Butch Davis is rumored to be a finalist for the Minnesota Golden Gophers head coaching position, according to insiders.

It's a fake rumor. First I generated a random number between 1 and 50, and came up with #43. http://www.random.org/ Then I looked up the 43rd rated team on Sagarin, which was North Carolina. Then I looked up who their coach was, and presto! Instant fake rumor. Now, I bet we could get the media to bite on all sorts of fake rumors. Start them here, and see how long it takes for the rumor to get picked up by the media.

A little birdie told me that Art Briles of Baylor (#35) is picking up major steam as a candidate in the Gophers coaching search...

Randy Shannon? Nope. This would go over terribly with the boosters if they highered a guy that just got fired for underachieving.

Randy Edsdall? Nope. If he'd take it he'd be the coach but he is just a tease.

More likely to be Hoke,Golden, Kill or Ken Niumatalolo.

I think the Gophers want them like this:

#1- Hoke, top guy in their minds
#2- Golden, close second
#3- Niumatalolo/Kill if neither of the above two take it.

Great call as far as Kill goes. He was NOWHERE on my radar during that 'fiasco'.

We are many years from an announcement of a new head coach for the Golden Gophers football team.

Top Bottom