Things I Learned at the Barn Last Night

GVBadger

Reaction score
1. The Gophers student section is as classless as the Badgers student section. That should put an end to the, "Our fans are so great, your fans are classless threads."

2. You can win the Subway scramble game by giving the answer after it has been put on the scoreboard.

3. The Gophers can beat the Badgers without Lawrence Westbrook. I wish they would have tried it last year.

4. You shouldn't play in a mascot game of basketball if your costume does not have arms. Every time the Subway guy tried to catch the ball, he looked like Troy Williamson.

5. Gophers fans don't seem to like Bo Ryan.

6. It is very difficult to shoot 30% on the road and win a basketball game.

This is something you just learned last night?

Might be because Bo Ryan, while a good basketball coach, is one of the most arrogant, condescending, whining pricks I've ever seen. My god, the first half if the scoreboard would have fallen on the court and crushed Nankivil, bo would have screamed at the refs for a foul.

Cripes, after 6'8" Nankivil flops like a carp in the boat when 6'0" Justin Cobbs comes to a jump stop 2 ft away from him, Bo runs on the court, into an official, while screaming his crypt keeper face off. He should have been t'd up then. Lucky he lasted as long as he did.

If I were a Badger fan, I'd be embarrassed by some of his antics. It was seriously out of control in the 1st half.

As a neutral observer...Bo deserved everything he got.

Thing that was reaffirmed this morning:

1. GVBadger is a whiny beotch.

1. The Gophers student section is as classless as the Badgers student section. That should put an end to the, "Our fans are so great, your fans are classless threads."

2. You can win the Subway scramble game by giving the answer after it has been put on the scoreboard.

3. The Gophers can beat the Badgers without Lawrence Westbrook. I wish they would have tried it last year.

4. You shouldn't play in a mascot game of basketball if your costume does not have arms. Every time the Subway guy tried to catch the ball, he looked like Troy Williamson.

Probably because he stole Christmas.

I was on head-set during the Subway scramble. The guy actually did say the word before they revealed the answer, but didn't have the mic close enough to his mouth to be heard. So, they had him repeat it which happened to be as they were revealing the correct answer.

You must not be paying attention. There has not been one post where I have whined about anything. Nice try though. Unlike most on this board, I don't make excuses when the team I cheer for gets beat.

The Gophers were better last night, period. The rest means nothing.

I was on head-set during the Subway scramble. The guy actually did say the word before they revealed the answer, but didn't have the mic close enough to his mouth to be heard. So, they had him repeat it which happened to be as they were revealing the correct answer.

Interesting, makes sense.

My son loved the mascot game if you have anything to do with putting that stuff together.

I'm one of the few guys that doesn't hate Ryan. Honestly I have a certain respect for coaches that know how to work the refs. He's annoying, of course but the truth is the Badgers always get calls despite not being an aggressive, penetrating team. I don't think Tubby works the refs enough to be honest. Last night was the first time in a long time I that the refs worked in our favor (and they were terrible, btw. Wisky got about 6 terrible calls on them in the first half and for MN the 2 travels and the carry were just jokes)

C'mon now, GVBadger is actually one of the least arrogant badger posters to consistently post on our boards. Why can't some people act civil when opposing fans come on our boards? I didn't see any whining or complaining at all in his post. I actually found it quite funny myself! Especially the comparison to Troy Williamson. It's been awhile since I've seen or heard someone throw out that name.

C'mon now, GVBadger is actually one of the least arrogant badger posters to consistently post on our boards. Why can't some people act civil when opposing fans come on our boards?

I agree. But, if GVB came to carry the torch for his team, he's here on the wrong day.

GVBadger is OK. He likes to tweak us on occasion (and vice versa), but that's to be expected considering the rivalry. Overall, I think he's pretty respectful of us and has a good knowledge of the game. It's when the yahoo Badger fans come on here and start talking smack that I want to punch my computer screen. That's not the case with GVBadger.

GVBadger is OK. He likes to tweak us on occasion (and vice versa), but that's to be expected considering the rivalry. Overall, I think he's pretty respectful of us and has a good knowledge of the game. It's when the yahoo Badger fans come on here and start talking smack that I want to punch my computer screen. That's not the case with GVBadger.

GV Badger has contributed his fair share of annoyingness, especially on the football side of things....

He was persona non grata numero uno for a good couple of week period during football season....

I've learned that it is best to time slice history from our good Badger Fans. So in the history that matters in Basketball the Gophers are undefeated against our rivals. :D

I've learned that it is best to time slice history from our good Badger Fans. So in the history that matters in Basketball the Gophers are undefeated against our rivals. :D

this is a great post! well done. :clap:

no one "time slices" college sports history better than becky fans. the world did not exist prior to 1993 for most of those dolts.

this is a great post! well done. :clap:

no one "time slices" college sports history better than becky fans. the world did not exist prior to 1993 for most of those dolts.

I will slice a little more time for you.

In March, Bo Ryan will have led the Badgers to as many NCAA tournaments as the Gophers have been to in the HISTORY of their program.

This time slicing thing is fun.

In March, Bo Ryan will have led the Badgers to as many NCAA tournaments as the Gophers have been to in the HISTORY of their program.

here is some more time-slicing-type-of-fun for you. today, tomorrow and forever the gophers will have multiple national championships in football.........becky badger will still have NONE.

i know this is not the football board, but i couldn't resist stating the obvious and making a reference to the sport that most becky fans care about the most.

6>0

18>11

Does that include our vacated appearances, man! Probably not. We're also kicking your ass in massive scandals. Take that!

Actually we've been to 10, and Bo will lead them to 9 this coming March, but who's counting?......

GVBadger is not a bad poster here. Would you rather he deliver more blather like m2s/ml?

You are excluding the vacated NCAA tournament appearances.

FYI - Tubby has a 3-2 record against Bo while at Minnesota. His record is 3-0 against Bo after his inaugural season. That's better slicing.

Point 1 - Completely agree. Our students came across as classless and ignorant. Seriously, that is the best we could come up with? If that is how they will represent the U, don't show up.

Point 4 - This is the funniest thing I have read in a long, long time! Awesome visual!

Actually we've been to 10, and Bo will lead them to 9 this coming March, but who's counting?......

We've been to 8 just since 1989. Were we really only in 2 in our entire history prior to 1989? I know it probably is correct, but it just doesn't seem possible, even though it was a lot harder to get in pre-1985. We were pretty good for most of the decades of the last century.

Point 1 - Completely agree. Our students came across as classless and ignorant. Seriously, that is the best we could come up with? If that is how they will represent the U, don't show up.

Can people please get off their high horses? There is NO SUCH THING as class in college athletic student sections. Do you want us to hold up "WE <3 BO RYAN!" signs, or chant about how much we should all get along? Give me a break. I think to say that saying "F--- Bo Ryan" makes us as unclassy as any of the other schools is completely false; some of the things chanted towards Colton Iverson last year were pretty low; I can't remember any chants this year that have been directed at the physical appearance of any opposing players other than "Gary Coleman" towards a rather short player during the non-con season. Those are pretty bush league relative to what other schools do. The whole concept of having students there is to provide atmosphere, intensity, and to get into the opposing team's head. You can't tell me that Evan Turner's whiny, frustrated performance against the Gophers at the Barn was not at least in part due to the heckling he was receiving. Bo Ryan's technical may have been in part due to the heat he was getting from the students last night. I'm sure he gets grief everywhere, but nowhere hopefully as much as the biggest rival school.

Sportsmanship and class in college athletics is a farce. The only "classy" student sections are the ones that don't show up. You can't point to a SINGLE STUDENT SECTION IN THE NATION that is labeled as one of the upper echelon student sections that could also be labeled classy.

Hey, he bolded it so it must be true. Give me a break. I would have been embarrassed leaving if we hadn't insulted Bo Ryan and the Badgers. Wisconsin's our biggest rival. The students showed up and made a difference. I'd rather have some guy on a message board call us classless and ignorant than be a quiet and respectful student section. Northwestern's students were respecful, and it was a terrible atmosphere.

We've been to 8 just since 1989. Were we really only in 2 in our entire history prior to 1989? I know it probably is correct, but it just doesn't seem possible, even though it was a lot harder to get in pre-1985. We were pretty good for most of the decades of the last century.

1972, 1982, 1989, 1990, 1994*, 1995*, 1997*, 1999*, 2005, 2009

Just one question here.... Do you complain about the Badger student section? especially during football games? It is non stop with them.

Top Bottom