Things I Learned at the Barn Last Night

Our students came across as classless and ignorant.

After seeing the West Virginia student section the past few years, I am content with how our students act. WVU students are downright terrible while throwing things on the court multiple times this season alone. And I like how we don't need to storm the court after every win like many other student sections in the nation

I will slice a little more time for you.

In March, Bo Ryan will have led the Badgers to as many NCAA tournaments as the Gophers have been to in the HISTORY of their program.

This time slicing thing is fun.

We also learned that Bo Ryan is Tubby's BITCH! Not our fault that Duke, Michigan St and the rest of the Big Ten cannot figure out how to beat Becky!! But we CLEARLY have figured that out the past 2 years! Good luck taking that SOFT team into the NCAA. Hello early exit!

We also learned that Bo Ryan is Tubby's BITCH! Not our fault that Duke, Michigan St and the rest of the Big Ten cannot figure out how to beat Becky!! But we CLEARLY have figured that out the past 2 years! Good luck taking that SOFT team into the NCAA. Hello early exit!

soft my ass! have fun in the NIT!

After seeing the West Virginia student section the past few years, I am content with how our students act. WVU students are downright terrible while throwing things on the court multiple times this season alone. And I like how we don't need to storm the court after every win like many other student sections in the nation

Security wouldn't let us storm the court if we wanted anyway.

I agree the fans could have came up with a better chant. This kinda thing happens all over college sports. The barn is once again a hostile environment for opposing teams to come and play in. I think I like what Florida does when one of the opposing teams players fouls out... They chant the players footsteps as they walk to the bench....Left,Right,Left,Left,Right...SIT DOWN!

We do that too. In case you missed it last night.

I must have that's awesome. I had my volume on low. I was also studying and watching the game at the same time. I heard the F*** bo ryan, but not that.

Oh I see. Thought perhaps you were there and didn't hear, which wouldn't be surprising as I think the band was playing over it for part/most of it.

I could tell the crowd and the band were very into it last night! Lets hope they can keep it up and boost the gophers confidence the rest of the way!

Can people please get off their high horses? There is NO SUCH THING as class in college athletic student sections. Do you want us to hold up "WE <3 BO RYAN!" signs, or chant about how much we should all get along? Give me a break. I think to say that saying "F--- Bo Ryan" makes us as unclassy as any of the other schools is completely false; some of the things chanted towards Colton Iverson last year were pretty low; I can't remember any chants this year that have been directed at the physical appearance of any opposing players other than "Gary Coleman" towards a rather short player during the non-con season. Those are pretty bush league relative to what other schools do. The whole concept of having students there is to provide atmosphere, intensity, and to get into the opposing team's head. You can't tell me that Evan Turner's whiny, frustrated performance against the Gophers at the Barn was not at least in part due to the heckling he was receiving. Bo Ryan's technical may have been in part due to the heat he was getting from the students last night. I'm sure he gets grief everywhere, but nowhere hopefully as much as the biggest rival school.

Sportsmanship and class in college athletics is a farce. The only "classy" student sections are the ones that don't show up. You can't point to a SINGLE STUDENT SECTION IN THE NATION that is labeled as one of the upper echelon student sections that could also be labeled classy.

I think my point got lost and I did not express it very well. The students are vital to providing a home court advantage. Go crazy and get loud and be "hostile." Just act intelligent in doing so. The classless part is not that they got on Bo. That is great. But the main way we could do so is by screaming the F bomb? That is the classless and ignorant part.

On a nationally televised game, when people turn on the TV and that is the overriding sound they hear coming from the Barn, how do you think that makes the U look? No one is saying, "Wow, what a great home court advantage!" No one on other message boards are saying "What a great student section they have at the U. They scream the F bomb! Wow, how cool!" They are saying, "Wow, what a bunch of hicks. Is that how they educate their kids up there?" Do you think parents (especially of recruits) are going to be impressed by hearing that word over and over?

I think my point got lost and I did not express it very well. The students are vital to providing a home court advantage. Go crazy and get loud and be "hostile." Just act intelligent in doing so. The classless part is not that they got on Bo. That is great. But the main way we could do so is by screaming the F bomb? That is the classless and ignorant part.

On a nationally televised game, when people turn on the TV and that is the overriding sound they hear coming from the Barn, how do you think that makes the U look? No one is saying, "Wow, what a great home court advantage!" No one on other message boards are saying "What a great student section they have at the U. They scream the F bomb! Wow, how cool!" They are saying, "Wow, what a bunch of hicks. Is that how they educate their kids up there?" Do you think parents (especially of recruits) are going to be impressed by hearing that word over and over?

It may just be me, but wow I think you are overreacting just a tad too much.

Would you rather have them scream 'DISLIKE' Bo Ryan? Seriously. *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# Political Correctness

They are saying, "Wow, what a bunch of hicks. Is that how they educate their kids up there?"

I used to feel good about myself, but the actions of the University of Minnesota students at Williams Arena have made me reexamine my life. I hope one day "They" will like us...really, really like us.

I really like Her Majesty, the Queen of England. That is PC. At a game at the BARN, anything goes...Keep it up, BarnYard!!!

Would you rather have them scream 'DISLIKE' Bo Ryan? Seriously. *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# Political Correctness

The student section is supposed to be rude and obnoxious and it's one of the enjoyable parts of being at the Barn. I don't think anyone is denying that. The problem is the word f**k. That is one of the most offensive words in the English language and many people young and old are offended by it.

Personally I have no problem with it but I try to think of others.

It's not a matter of political correctness.

My favorite chant at the Kohl Center...

...when the Gophers are playing: "Safety School!"

The student section is supposed to be rude and obnoxious and it's one of the enjoyable parts of being at the Barn. I don't think anyone is denying that. The problem is the word f**k. That is one of the most offensive words in the English language and many people young and old are offended by it.

Hold on 19... the F word is an acronym for "Female Using Carnal Knowledge". If the F word is banned, then so should MUCK... "Male Using Carnal Knowledge". Go figure! :banghead:

...when the Gophers are playing: "Safety School!"

When applying in '97, I got into the Wisconsin college of business but couldn't get into the U of M CSOM because my GPA was 3.40 in HS despite good standardized test scores. Wisconsin was my safety school but thankfully I didn't have to resort to attending that university. I remember touring the campus with my parents and thinking that if I pick Wisconsin, I better get used to liking the crunchies, hacky sack, and navigating my way thru protesters. It reminded me of the awful movie P.C. U with Jeremy Piven. In total, I visited 5 schools and even though Wisconsin was the first to admit me and the closest to my home other than the 'U', it finished dead last in schools I wanted to attend.

Years later I ended up moving to the Madison area with my wife for 6 years. Nice town and the freak show on State street can be entertaining in small doses but that time only cemented my opinion of the university that a good majority of the student population are outcast misfits either inherently or trying to fit into that mold. Such a strange environment. The ironic thing about Wisconsin is that while many rail on conformity, those people conform to the popular image of the university. It's group thinking at its finest (or worst).

Hold on 19... the F word is an acronym for "Female Using Carnal Knowledge". If the F word is banned, then so should MUCK... "Male Using Carnal Knowledge". Go figure! :banghead:

I thought it was an acronym for "Fornication Under Consent of the King" :)

Pewter... that would be FUCOTK. Sounds like Wisky gibberish?

Pewterschmidt the Prevaricator!

"When applying in '97, I got into the Wisconsin college of business..."

Link: http://www.bus.wisc.edu/undergrad/admissions/highschool.asp.

From the website (true today and true in 1997!):

2. Eligibility to apply to the Wisconsin School of Business undergraduate program

UW-Madison freshmen must complete our new pre-business requirements in the College of Letters and Science before applying for sophomore admission:

■Minimum 24 total credits of college coursework
■Pre-business courses:
■Communications Part A
■Economics 101 or 111 (honors)
■Psychology 202 or 281 (honors)
■Math 211, 217, 221

[NOTE: "New" refers to the mix of classes required prior to admission; admission to the Business School has always occurred after the freshman year!]

Exactly

"When applying in '97, I got into the Wisconsin college of business..."

Link: http://www.bus.wisc.edu/undergrad/admissions/highschool.asp.

From the website (true today and true in 1997!):

2. Eligibility to apply to the Wisconsin School of Business undergraduate program

UW-Madison freshmen must complete our new pre-business requirements in the College of Letters and Science before applying for sophomore admission:

■Minimum 24 total credits of college coursework
■Pre-business courses:
■Communications Part A
■Economics 101 or 111 (honors)
■Psychology 202 or 281 (honors)
■Math 211, 217, 221

[NOTE: "New" refers to the mix of classes required prior to admission; admission to the Business School has always occurred after the freshman year!]

Getting a 'B' average and meeting some sort of criteria would have gotten me into Wisconsin's business school, which would have been a layup. Since I was admitted to that school, I was basically admitted into the business school.

Since I couldn't get into the CSOM because I had less than a 3.5 GPA in HS, I had almost no options. I was told at the time my best option would be to attend school elsewhere for 2 years, put up good grades, and then apply for a transfer into the program. Their acceptance rate of 10% for transfers into the school was actually higher than internal candidates being admitted after their freshman year.

Thanks for playing!

Odd how Pewterschmidt's story changes when confronted with fact!

Then: "When applying in '97, I got into the Wisconsin college of business..."

Now: "Getting a 'B' average and meeting some sort of criteria would have gotten me into Wisconsin's business school, which would have been a layup. Since I was admitted to that school, I was basically admitted into the business school."

Hey, Pewter -- Why not just admit you lied?

4. You shouldn't play in a mascot game of basketball if your costume does not have arms. Every time the Subway guy tried to catch the ball, he looked like Troy Williamson.

He just needs glasses.

Odd how Pewterschmidt's story changes when confronted with fact!

Then: "When applying in '97, I got into the Wisconsin college of business..."

Now: "Getting a 'B' average and meeting some sort of criteria would have gotten me into Wisconsin's business school, which would have been a layup. Since I was admitted to that school, I was basically admitted into the business school."

Hey, Pewter -- Why not just admit you lied?

Ask anyone else on here that's around 30 yo and applied to the CSOM out of HS. You'll get the same story.

It was much easier to get into Wisconsin's business school (safety school) than the CSOM.

Ever heard of paraphrasing so someone doesn't have to get into every little detail?

So again, Wisconsin = safety school

Why not just admit you lied, Pewter?

Dodge, deflect, deny. Nothing changes the fact that you posted a lie -- business school students at Wisconsin were then and are now admitted after earning 24 credits on campus and not upon admission as freshmen. Why not just admit you fibbed? Man up, Pewter!

As so which is the "safety school," check with any high school admissions advisor -- the students admitted to the University of Minnesota, on average, have lower ACT/SAT scores and lower class rank than their counterparts at the University of Wisconsin. This isn't a knock on Minnesota -- both are great schools.

Check it out. Any reputable publication can confirm it.

One component of the US News rankings is ease of admission, and you know how the two universities have always ranked on that scale (which is, of course, also subjective):

Best Colleges: Top Public Schools: National Universities

University of California--Berkeley Berkeley, CA 1
University of California--Los Angeles Los Angeles, CA 2
University of Virginia Charlottesville, VA 2
University of Michigan--Ann Arbor Ann Arbor, MI 4
University of North Carolina--Chapel Hill Chapel Hill, NC 5
College of William and Mary Williamsburg, VA 6
Georgia Institute of Technology Atlanta, GA 7
University of California--San Diego La Jolla, CA 7
University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign Champaign, IL 9
University of Wisconsin--Madison Madison, WI 9
University of California--Davis Davis, CA 11
University of California--Santa Barbara Santa Barbara, CA 11
University of Washington Seattle, WA 11
University of California--Irvine Irvine, CA 14
Pennsylvania State University--University Park University Park, PA 15
University of Florida Gainesville, FL 15
University of Texas--Austin Austin, TX 15
Ohio State University--Columbus Columbus, OH 18
University of Maryland--College Park College Park, MD 18
University of Pittsburgh Pittsburgh, PA 20
University of Georgia Athens, GA 21
Clemson University Clemson, SC 22
Purdue University--West Lafayette West Lafayette, IN 22
Texas A&M University--College Station College Station, TX 22
University of Minnesota--Twin Cities Minneapolis, MN 22

Dodge, deflect, deny. Nothing changes the fact that you posted a lie -- business school students at Wisconsin were then and are now admitted after earning 24 credits on campus and not upon admission as freshmen. Why not just admit you fibbed? Man up, Pewter!

As so which is the "safety school," check with any high school admissions advisor -- the students admitted to the University of Minnesota, on average, have lower ACT/SAT scores and lower class rank than their counterparts at the University of Wisconsin. This isn't a knock on Minnesota -- both are great schools.

Check it out. Any reputable publication can confirm it.

One component of the US News rankings is ease of admission, and you know how the two universities have always ranked on that scale (which is, of course, also subjective):

Best Colleges: Top Public Schools: National Universities

University of California--Berkeley Berkeley, CA 1
University of California--Los Angeles Los Angeles, CA 2
University of Virginia Charlottesville, VA 2
University of Michigan--Ann Arbor Ann Arbor, MI 4
University of North Carolina--Chapel Hill Chapel Hill, NC 5
College of William and Mary Williamsburg, VA 6
Georgia Institute of Technology Atlanta, GA 7
University of California--San Diego La Jolla, CA 7
University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign Champaign, IL 9
University of Wisconsin--Madison Madison, WI 9
University of California--Davis Davis, CA 11
University of California--Santa Barbara Santa Barbara, CA 11
University of Washington Seattle, WA 11
University of California--Irvine Irvine, CA 14
Pennsylvania State University--University Park University Park, PA 15
University of Florida Gainesville, FL 15
University of Texas--Austin Austin, TX 15
Ohio State University--Columbus Columbus, OH 18
University of Maryland--College Park College Park, MD 18
University of Pittsburgh Pittsburgh, PA 20
University of Georgia Athens, GA 21
Clemson University Clemson, SC 22
Purdue University--West Lafayette West Lafayette, IN 22
Texas A&M University--College Station College Station, TX 22
University of Minnesota--Twin Cities Minneapolis, MN 22

1. You're a tool. Do you want my entire life story? Many people on this board can vouch for me so STFU.

2. Minnesota has a general college, which decreases the admission stats. Wisconsin doesn't. Just check out the enrollment numbers. The 'U' admits in more students because it can. It has the infrastructure to handle an additional 10k+ students. There's a reason why it's one of the 5 largest universities in the country, which isn't a bad thing. It just drives down the demand, which makes the university less picky when it comes to admissions in many programs. It's particular programs that make Wisconsin a safety school, like the college of business.

3. You're still a tool. Do you want me to fax over to you all of my documents detailing everything I've stated? Does every post have to be filled with the smallest of details. I've built up enough cache on this board with people I've met personally to generalize and still be taken seriously because I just don't make sh!t up.

4. The fact remains that I was admitted into Wisconsin and I would have easily met all requirements to gain entrance into the college of business, which is something that I couldn't have done at the CSOM. Wisconsin was a layup. CSOM was anything but.

No lie whatsoever. You're a tool assuming I was lying because I didn't feel it necessary to spell out every flippin detail.

Go back to your own board filled with dead animal "lovers", serial killers, the morbid obese, the pining to see a big city some day, the inferiority complex resulting from how Wisconsinites are losers in life compared to Minnesotans in almost every measure, and the "packer sweatshirt is my formal wear" crowd. I'm done with you and your safety school known as Wisconsin.

Top Bottom