The Pat Reusse Nickname contest! Enter now!

diefirma

Reaction score
Reusse has been mocking Gopher coaches for as long as I can remember by giving them nicknames implying they are stupid, naive, insincere, crooked, and all around 100% phonys.

Reverend Jim - A phony optimist peddling some crackpot religion

Grinning Glen - implying the smile and everything else about the man was phony

(For the life of me, I can't remember what he nicknamed Brewster. I must have repressed it)

Country Jer - the Kansas twang?, the working man demeanor?, the humility? Loyalty to his coaches? All phony.

So, in honor of Reusse's incredible intelligence and wit (sarcasm) I am starting the "Nickname Pat Reusse Contest".
I'll buy the winner a beer at the first game of the season at TCF. By the way, if you don't agree on my choice of winner, you can buy YOUR choice of winner a beer at the same time and place. I'll try to coordinate the meet-up.

So have at it follow Gopher Holers. Give Reusse the respect he deserves!! Enter now, enter often. I'm sure the good names will go fast AND you could win a beer from me or someone else.

Timmy Two Time was the nickname Reusse pegged for Brewster. Tremendous, just tremendous.

Reusse is great at handing out nicknames. My personal favorite was a husky Twins first baseman in the 80's. His name was Ron Jackson. Jackson, a big burly dude, liked his nickname, which was Papa Jack. Reusse had a real winner when Jackson faltered during the season. In a column Reusse tagged him as Papa Up. Classic. He'll never beat that one. I don't think Jackson cared too much for it. He chased Reusse around the clubhouse with a bat.

Reusse's nickname? FFFF (Former Fatty From Fulda)

I'm afraid all my best suggestions will be asterisked out by gopherhole.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Fortune Teller

The Wizard

Patty Cakes

Niggling Pat

nig·gle [nig-uhl]

verb (used without object), nig·gled, nig·gling.

1. to criticize, especially constantly or repeatedly, in a peevish or petty way; carp: to niggle about the fine points of interpretation; preferring to niggle rather than take steps to correct a situation.

2. to spend too much time and effort on inconsequential details: It's difficult to be meticulous and not niggle.

3. to work ineffectively; trifle: to niggle with an uninteresting task.

Thank you. I think I knocked it out of the park, don't you? :)

If he was only from Hackensack Minnesota he could be called the "The Hack from Hackensack." On the other hand "Fulda the Hut" might work.

He chased Reusse around the clubhouse with a bat.

Wish he had caught him. Not advocating death but maybe Tonya Harding'd him?

Fulda Sh*t

What do I win?

I never did get my Predict the Score T-Shirt now that I think of it.

My second nominations since I can enter often and I really like free beer, Summit please by the way:

Giggle-oh.... Since he hasn't adapted Souhan's "Fit" mantra and giggles his girth when he laughs.

Or

Hackler, a la Carl Spackler, noted Gopher hater played by Bill Murray from everyone's favorite movie Caddyshack. RIP Harold Ramis.

When he is not talking about the Gophers I actually like Patrick. I love Saturday morning sports talk. I loved the bit about the girls state basketball tourney and listing the names and guessing which team they were on. I believe that bit is retired.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stupid *ss Mother****er.

Timmy Two Time was the nickname Reusse pegged for Brewster. Tremendous, just tremendous.

Reusse is great at handing out nicknames. My personal favorite was a husky Twins first baseman in the 80's. His name was Ron Jackson. Jackson, a big burly dude, liked his nickname, which was Papa Jack. Reusse had a real winner when Jackson faltered during the season. In a column Reusse tagged him as Papa Up. Classic. He'll never beat that one. I don't think Jackson cared too much for it. He chased Reusse around the clubhouse with a bat.

Former???? My ass

The fact he has blocked me on twitter outta be worth a beer or some sort of prize!

Top Bottom