-The ***OFFICIAL*** Minnesota Vs. Nebraska (GAME THREAD)-

It would be absolutely stupid to start anyone but Nelson next week. In a season that means basically nothing now, Nelson needs the starts for experience. The kids only 18 or 19 years old...

Moral victories. Next year we'll take it to Nebraska. We'll be older.

There is a lot of time left. 4 TDs and 4 2-point conversions and we have a ball game.

I never thought I would see the day we score more than 13 in a loss.

It's Year 2... can't expect a Big Ten Championship & we're better then we were last year so I guess I can't complain... yet...

THIS! People in Minnesota's expectations are ridiculous! I grew up in Green Bay, went to the U of M (best decision of my life) moved to San Diego, lived in Omaha, and now am back in the Twin Cities. NEVER, have I seen a media that is so negative as the TC, nor have a seen a fan base that is so fickle! It's pathetic. We win and we're on top of the world, we lose on the road to a #14 ranked (probably big ten champs and we act as if we're a horrible team. Honestly, today is exactly what I expected. A true freshman on the road with a patched-together offensive line and our top WR Barker out. Seriously people. RELAX. BEAT MSU and we have a GREAT SEASON!!!

THIS! People in Minnesota's expectations are ridiculous! I grew up in Green Bay, went to the U of M (best decision of my life) moved to San Diego, lived in Omaha, and now am back in the Twin Cities. NEVER, have I seen a media that is so negative as the TC, nor have a seen a fan base that is so fickle! It's pathetic. We win and we're on top of the world, we lose on the road to a #14 ranked (probably big ten champs and we act as if we're a horrible team. Honestly, today is exactly what I expected. A true freshman on the road with a patched-together offensive line and our top WR Barker out. Seriously people. RELAX. BEAT MSU and we have a GREAT SEASON!!!

Very rational post GopherTrev. I am guilty of some of what you say as well. It just gets to be so frustrating. Hopefully we are seeing something great being built here. It is just tough to see us be so overwhelmed and overmatched in a game. I will always be a diehard fan regardless. Just have to vent some frustrations sometimes.

I'm somewhat happy despite the ugliness. We held them under 40 (not like in the bad old days) and Gray finally got the ball and scored two TDs.

Very rational post GopherTrev. I am guilty of some of what you say as well. It just gets to be so frustrating. Hopefully we are seeing something great being built here. It is just tough to see us be so overwhelmed and overmatched in a game. I will always be a diehard fan regardless. Just have to vent some frustrations sometimes.

Thanks ebigelow. I get frustrated too. Having admittedly become a Gophers fan in 2003 - present, but nonetheless. Since then I've become a die hard. Season tickets in all 3 sports in college. Season tickets for football and basketball now. I just get frustrated by the media heads here, but the thing is that most of us buy into it as much as people deny it on these boards. In Nebraska and Green Bay I NEVER saw negative articles on the Huskers, Badgers, or Packers, yet here it's the norm. It doesn't affect us die hards, but it does affect the fickle fan on the fence. It's a stigma here that no one wants to root for the Gophers. They're always 2nd rate even when we win there is something that could have been better.

This is my rant too, but man o man. I pray things change. I will continue to support and buy tickets even though it appears nowawadays the best way to attend a game to save $ is not buy season tickets... but that's another rant!

Top Bottom