The end of Dave Lee? Gopher broadcasts moving to KFAN 1130 and 1500 KSTP

you are so wrong

OneOldGopher, you are forgetting that visiting players play in Minnesota, so they therefore must pay Minnesota state taxes. So you can effectively double your numbers.

OneOldGopher, you are forgetting that visiting players play in Minnesota, so they therefore must pay Minnesota state taxes. So you can effectively double your numbers.

Not to mention we already had this conversation (including this part) like a week ago. People in glass houses, I guess.

That is so not true. They pay state income taxes to the states in which the games are played. Since half of them are away, well your figure goes down by half.

Payroll in 2010: $91.5 million. Highest rate of income tax in Minnesota according to the Minnesota Department of Revenue is 7.85%. Well, if all the players paid this highest rate, the revenue collected from half the games played in Minnesota would be about 3.5 million annually. Let us put that puny amount in perspective for you: One month of the 66% state contribution to a publicly funded stadium at its current project cost, that puny income revenue would pay for a little more than 1.23 monthly payments to the stadium if the money was dedicated.

It is no wonder why this country is up to its eyeballs in debt. We have people like you spewing out random pointless, baseless crud.

Reply any and all of you. I did GH a public service...

Very true, but keep in mind the visiting players also pays the mn income tax.

So true. Once again I find myself with my foot in my mouth.

In addition, signing and roster bonuses (where a lot of stars earn their money) are Minnesota income.

Would a CPA check in here please?

In addition, signing and roster bonuses (where a lot of stars earn their money) are Minnesota income.

I don't think you're right. I'm not a CPA, but work in a related industry. I've never been in situation where I've received a signing bonus, so I don't have personal experience. I do recall, however, that if a signing bonus is not related to playing in actual games, it may not work that way. I know that typically cash is taxed, but it may not be the case, especially for the employer. Federal and State taxes could be treated differently. Plus, I would think a signing bonus has nothing to do where you play your games. It's where you live. Guess what? A lot of these players have their residence in Florida. Hmmmmm.
In other words, I don't think MN gets jack on a lot of signing bonuses.
I'll wait to hear from someone who has a working knowledge of this.

I don't think you're right. I'm not a CPA, but work in a related industry. I've never been in situation where I've received a signing bonus, so I don't have personal experience. I do recall, however, that if a signing bonus is not related to playing in actual games, it may not work that way. I know that typically cash is taxed, but it may not be the case, especially for the employer. Federal and State taxes could be treated differently. Plus, I would think a signing bonus has nothing to do where you play your games. It's where you live. Guess what? A lot of these players have their residence in Florida. Hmmmmm.

Not a cpa but I would be willing to bet that any bonuses paid by mn vikes are subject to mn income tax.

How much?

Not a cpa but I would be willing to bet that any bonuses paid by mn vikes are subject to mn income tax.
\

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=290.17

Signing bonuses are not subject to allocation under the formula if they are not conditional on playing any games for the team, are payable separately from any other compensation, and are nonrefundable

\

Signing bonuses are not subject to allocation under the formula if they are not conditional on playing any games for the team, are payable separately from any other compensation, and are nonrefundable

In the Vikings case, most of the players are residents of Minnesota because of OTAs. The chances that they live in another state more than 183 days are slim.

The lockout might hurt because of the lack of OTAs will give the Vikings more out of state residents.

\

sweet burn on Station19:D

Just kidding - the point is that the income tax paid by palyers will not come close to covering the bailout the taxpayers will pay for the stadium...

220 posts +....I never knew the radio broadcasts were so important to the gopher faithful. I cannot recall ever listening to one honestly....

220 posts +....I never knew the radio broadcasts were so important to the gopher faithful. I cannot recall ever listening to one honestly....

you never heard ray call a game??

I have heard of him, yes, but I guess I have always just listened to the t.v broadcasts. I guess I am just not picky with play by play.

I just can't believe you're a Gopher fan and never heard him call a game. Not a knock on you, just shocked I guess. My greatest memories of Gopher football are of my dad, brother and I playing football out in the street, listening to ray on the radio.

Depending on how the signing bonus is worded, I think they can claim it in their state of residence if that is where they 'sign' the extension. I recall Cris Carter flying to Florida specifically to sign his new contract. This could have been changed since then. It really depends on how they word the contract. If it's a 'roster bonus' as it frequently is now days, then it would probably be subject to Minnesota taxes.

If you got your Gophers fix via the radio, you would get picky about play by play. On TV it doesn't matter much, it's supplemental to what you see. But on radio, it is everything. Ray was a legend. Are there any archived games that Ray covered that we could listen to?

If you got your Gophers fix via the radio, you would get picky about play by play. On TV it doesn't matter much, it's supplemental to what you see. But on radio, it is everything. Ray was a legend. Are there any archived games that Ray covered that we could listen to?

I used to turn the TV volume down and tune in the radio. Watching the Queens and the Gophers play away, I don't bother to make the switch with PA and Lee babbling.

Pretty shallow there Bayfield. Comparing professional football players to flamboyantly effeminate gay men - what is the purpose of that? Do you have something against flamboyantly effeminate gay men?

It used to be better to turn the sound off on the TV set and listen to the radio. That was when Ray was doing the games. But now, you only listen to the games on the radio if you can't watch the game. It also doesn't help that there is a delay of several seconds on TV broadcasts.

It used to be better to turn the sound off on the TV set and listen to the radio. That was when Ray was doing the games. But now, you only listen to the games on the radio if you can't watch the game. It also doesn't help that there is a delay of several seconds on TV broadcasts.

That's why god invented DVRs. Just pause it a few seconds and sync it up. I might do that now that anyone but Dave Lee is doing the games. I did it for the one drive Ray broadcast against AF. It was great.

After years away from the job, Ray stepped in like he hadn't missed a day. That's because he really understands the game, really understands what he is seeing in real time.

After years away from the job, Ray stepped in like he hadn't missed a day. That's because he really understands the game, really understands what he is seeing in real time.

Also because Ray understands he is not the show. He is there to describe the show(even accurately).

I've never listened to a radio broadcast unless I had no choice. Don't see the point. People complain about TV announcers all the time but if they suck I just ignore them other than for facts and stats

sweet burn on Station19:D

Just kidding - the point is that the income tax paid by palyers will not come close to covering the bailout the taxpayers will pay for the stadium...

Who said the taxpayers would be pay ANYTHING for a stadium? Everywhere I've seen they are looking at 2-3 options that DON'T include new taxes or any public funding. (Racino, the Minneapolis Convention Center tax, etc).

So all this 'discussion' is moot. People need to stop assuming that Minnesota is paying for Zigy's field.

Who said the taxpayers would be pay ANYTHING for a stadium? Everywhere I've seen they are looking at 2-3 options that DON'T include new taxes or any public funding. (Racino, the Minneapolis Convention Center tax, etc).

So all this 'discussion' is moot. People need to stop assuming that Minnesota is paying for Zigy's field.

MN tax money will go to support the stadium in one form or another. There will need to be some local "support" in addition to money from the state. If money leaves the state of Minnesota directly to the construction of the stadium are they not funding/paying for part of it? Will it help you sleep at night if they call if a fee/contribution/donation instead of a tax?

Pretty shallow there Bayfield. Comparing professional football players to flamboyantly effeminate gay men - what is the purpose of that? Do you have something against flamboyantly effeminate gay men?

Has to do with some quotes by Vikings players regarding "newer" Vikings players in the mid sixties. Had nothing to do with effiminate gay men. It is a diminuative expression.

Has to do with some quotes by Vikings players regarding "newer" Vikings players in the mid sixties. Had nothing to do with effiminate gay men. It is a diminuative expression.

Synonymous to the Twinkies, Timberpuppies, Becky, Hogeyes, etc. Do you get it now dpo?

Top Bottom