The crowd

I wonder how many Vikings fans will lament not having open-air football come next year when they move to the sand crawler. Sure, the cold can be rough in the late months but the elements add something to the experience. Perhaps a real psychological advantage for the team as well.

I don't believe the Vikings under the current ownership EVER was going to actually do an open air stadium, no matter what they claimed.

I wish they did, but I also am not a Vikings season ticket holder and I'm not sure the fans would have been that united on that front after a few years. Also let's face it, the teams we play the most GB and Chicago, already outside ;) Detroit, who cares? I'm not sure it is that much an advantage.

I believe there are viewing areas for those considered disabled. The crowd should be able to stand and cheer on important downs, and the disabled should be able to watch the game unimpeded. There is a little bit of unreasonableness on both sides.

Think deeper.

Had a similar situation that I witnessed near 107. An older gentleman was standing and cheering the Gopher D on 3rd down and a younger guy was yelling at him to sit. The guy in the row in front of me told the younger guy to stand up. The young guy yelled that there was a 90 yr old sitting next to him, to which the guy in front of me said "the largest TV screen in the state is 2 sections away, watch the jumbotron and let fans cheer on 3rd down!"

We are all fans of the same team. We know how to be the 12th man. Let's not get salty at each other for making TCF electric on Saturdays.

Not to mention, the largest tv in the state is at Target Field, not TCF. Clearly he didn't know what he was talking about.

Think deeper.

I could come back with a weak insult, but that's your game.

Is it a social norm to stand and cheer at sporting events? Is this an unexpected behavior? Martyrdom only goes so far for me, sorry.

If you're insulted that disabled people have designated areas with clear sight lines, that's not my problem.

uploadfromtaptalk1443706564552.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Some guy;1111593]Standing is overrated. Most people can be just as loud sitting as they can standing[/QUOTE]

Tell that to a voice/ singing coach...

I could come back with a weak insult, but that's your game.

Is it a social norm to stand and cheer at sporting events? Is this an unexpected behavior? Martyrdom only goes so far for me, sorry.

If you're insulted that disabled people have designated areas with clear sight lines, that's not my problem.

There are wheel chair viewing areas for those that are handicapped. Just because someone does not fit the 'handicapped' or 'disabled' criteria....doesn't mean they are able to stand for three straight hours.

It's not one or the other or all black and white. Understanding of others seems to be a lost art.

The insult part seems to be your game, not mine.

There are wheel chair viewing areas for those that are handicapped. Just because someone does not fit the 'handicapped' or 'disabled' criteria....doesn't mean they are able to stand for three straight hours.

It's not one or the other or all black and white. Understanding of others seems to be a lost art.

+1 It is nice to see a thoughtful response on this subject for a change. The tone here often feels more like a "political" discussion with no middle ground. It is all about what I want now.

I agree that mandatory standing for the entire game is silly and impractical. But if people stand during a key play (key third down on Defense, TD celebration, a long explosive play on Offense, etc.), they shouldn't be yelled at.

I was disappointed in the upper deck on the home side. Our section (236) seems to be the only one that gets into it on 3rd down.

I was in 236 as well and it was pretty good there. I was up and screaming on almost every big play and the elderly couple next to me even said they greatly appreciated seeing fans that were so excited to be at the game and loud.

Top Bottom