The crowd

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
On TV it looked awesome. For those that were there, was it pretty full all around the stadium?

Great crowd today. Full house and the students are making a big time difference.

Yes, a few empty seats, but it was a great crowd

It was full at the start. Although it slowly emptied a bit after half. It was pretty hot. We left our seats for the second half to go watch from the railing on the concourse to escape the sun.

It was a very god crowd. Students were coming in an hour and 1/2 before game time to secure there first come first serve seats.

Reserved seating filled in earlier than usual and was quite active. A little down after the 3rd quarter punt fumble....

The student section was very good... But I'd say 1/3 of the upper deck students headed to homecoming parties early in the 2nd half.

Very nice day at the Bank.... I'd grade the crowd an A-.

Crowd was great for this one. First time we had to sit in the upper deck in the student section. But man. It was way too hot up there.

It was completely full in my area. Felt like a big time college game = nice.

It was a packed house !!! Very loud students and all..

I got a hoars voice..

Fully loaded all around. Very vocal and enthusiastic crowd.

Students was totally full.

Sadly toward the end of the 4th a noticable number of students, and others, had left :( Still a big crowd but some patches here and there, they missed a great ending, folks were still loud enough though.

it was very loud for the ohio FG attempt at the end (the one they got the delay penalty on)

it was very loud for the ohio FG attempt at the end (the one they got the delay penalty on)

Yup, been a while since I heard the crowd at TCF that consistently loud and into it. It was great.

I loved getting this picture from my dad of the student section during the game.

Attachments

• image-2841643137.jpg
    image-2841643137.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 192

Best crowd I've ever been a part of for a Gopher game. Yeah, the upper deck student section emptied a little bit in the 4th, but that's going to happen even at bigger football schools. Just a great atmosphere today all around.

Gopher games from the student section have been an absolute blast this season. Really excited for the B1G season to pick up. Sad that there isn't a home game for awhile now

you do realize the penalty was for kicking the ball anyways after Kill called a time out. not for actually running out of time

I loved the size of the crowd and the enthusiasm of the student section.

My section (the lower part of 238) is like a morgue. Its not that people are old (old is just fine), they are just completely lifeless. Nobody within 20 feet of me in any direction EVER stands and few make any noise. Its like they're watching golf.

There was a loud obnoxious Ohio fan yelling behind me when Ohio pulled ahead in the 4th quarter. He was even yelling at Steiber. But when the Gophers scored the final touchdown he miraculously disappeared.

It was so loud at the winning TD that I could hear the crowd here in AZ. Awesome!!!

I loved the size of the crowd and the enthusiasm of the student section.

My section (the lower part of 238) is like a morgue. Its not that people are old (old is just fine), they are just completely lifeless. Nobody within 20 feet of me in any direction EVER stands and few make any noise. Its like they're watching golf.

I'm puzzled why people that don't stand and cheer bother going to the games. Unless you are 75+, disabled, etc what makes the logistic rigors of attending games worth it is the crowd energy and noise. Be the 12th man. Better views can be had at home on the 60 inch if you're a couch potato.

Regarding golf fans, attending a major golf tournament years back had to the most boring and quiet experience of my life. Never again.

I'm puzzled why people that don't stand and cheer bother going to the games. Unless you are 75+, disabled, etc what makes the logistic rigors of attending games worth it is the crowd energy and noise. Be the 12th man. Better views can be had at home on the 60 inch if you're a couch potato.

Regarding golf fans, attending a major golf tournament years back had to the most boring and quiet experience of my life. Never again.

I was proud that our section 112 was standing on almost every 3rd down yelling. There is an absolute truth to the 12th man in college football, when your loud and excited teams feed off that, opponents get off key. I don't know how to fix getting some fans engaged in the games, it's much improved from previous years. But, it will probably take a few years and a new culture (students who grew up with great game days like this year) to overtake the ones who thought they were going to city council meeting.

Honestly, I'd love to hear where the dead zones and cheering zones are.

Watching from down here in FL, my heart just lept at the size of the crowd and the impact it seemed to have on the game itself. First time in many, many moons that I felt we were "getting there" in terms of game day experience on campus.

Let's hope we continue to build our 12th man, brick by brick. Liking what's happening here. Great job yesterday, fans at the game!

I was disappointed in the upper deck on the home side. Our section (236) seems to be the only one that gets into it on 3rd down.

I was disappointed in the upper deck on the home side. Our section (236) seems to be the only one that gets into it on 3rd down.

I was trying my best in 243! But yes I agree, you are right that the upper deck doesn't get loud. Except late in the 4th quarter.

I noticed a few fans wearing Nebraska gear who must of bought tix for our game vs. them and decided to actually go. I had to sell two an hour before game time and got $75 for them.

212 has regressed.

It was good toward the end...and even great at the end...but even logical third downs for us to be up were an effort from Quarters 1-3.

I'm pretty sure the ticket hike is part of it. There used to be a group of standers/yellers around rows 6-10 that were very good at getting things started lower. We would work the upper folks in front of us and behind.

HOWEVER...it was loud for TCU and these two are non-conference games...so the next real test is Nebraska.

Not really meant as a complaint but more disappointment. There were a lot of people turning around looking at us like we were crazy for these last two games. Anyone within earshot over the last 5 years knows we are not quiet...again more evidence of a change of some sort...hopefully temporary.

Student section was awesome but the students usually leave periodically throughout the game. A lot of people were leaving because they were too hot

68a5a1fbd85b90d14ff487a7dff14d64.jpg
picture i took of the student section yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you do realize the penalty was for kicking the ball anyways after Kill called a time out. not for actually running out of time

I don't remember saying the noise caused the delay. I was just commenting that it was really loud.

It was fun. There was a whole row of 12 year old kids in front of us who were were whooping it up. Great to see the kids of tomorrow having fun.

Top Bottom