the buffaloes are stampeding

It really shows Prime Time's respect for the original players that many couldn't get out of the chutes fast enough to get out of town.

For the most part, those are some very bad players fwiw!
Not sure it is really fair to say that since with 40 transferring out there is a good chance that a large number of them have yet to see the field. It is crazy to think that 40 guys have left so far through the portal.

Going to be interesting to see how Colorado does next year because Prime is basically having to remake the entire roster. That is going to be a lot of new faces from all over the place that are going to have to gel in a short amount of time. Might work out, could also be a complete disaster.

Colorado's best WR, the star of this year’s spring game, just entered the portal. Prime’s sledgehammer approach to roster rollover might take a while to bear fruit.

Last edited:

Prime Time was hired to turn a languishing program around. He is not very diplomatic in the way he is going about it. It will be interesting to see how CU Football does under him.

Updated later today to be 13 of 17 DB’s with any snaps. Another one left after the first tweet who recorded 4 starts and 48 tackles last year.

An experiment in extreme and perhaps toxic roster churn the likes of which have never been seen before … and after the NCAA reinstates its temporarily waived limit on total HS signing plus transfers, will never be seen again.

An experiment in extreme and perhaps toxic roster churn the likes of which have never been seen before … and after the NCAA reinstates its temporarily waived limit on total HS signing plus transfers, will never be seen again.
The tweet posted above is pretty amazing when you see it laid out like that in terms of who is leaving. Will be fascinating to see how it all works out with so many new pieces coming in from all over the country.

You are right though that we are likely to never see anything like this again in football. And that is probably a good thing because this is ridiculous.

Don’t fret people, Prime Time still has his man Brewster piloting the ship ! 😂

thought this is interesting...

screenshot-2023-04-25-234711-png.25255
Pretty sure he doesn't want the innovative offensive scheme of Mike Sanford to get leaked

read that before coaching his first game at Colorado Coach Prime expects 60 plus guys on the roster to be his recruits...that is cleaning house

How do you describe a dumpster fire that becomes a dumpster fire?

This guy will be gone by December 2024.

Characters like Sanders are what makes sports more fun and entertaining, and this is entertaining. Doesn’t always work but it’s still fun to watch. In this case, on a head to head bet I’d bet CO cracks the top 25 in 4 years.

Last edited:

Characters like Sanders are what makes sports fun and entertaining, and this is entertaining. Doesn’t always work but it’s still fun to watch. In this case, on a head to head bet I’d bet CO cracks the top 25 in 4 years.

I totally agree with your first two sentences (not so much on the third). I will probably search out a couple Colorado games this fall just to watch the drama.

I'm just glad it's not happening at a location that has any real effect on the Gophers.

I totally agree with your first two sentences (not so much on the third). I will probably search out a couple Colorado games this fall just to watch the drama.

I'm just glad it's not happening at a location that has any real effect on the Gophers.
I don't know....kind of wish they were on our schedule this year because I think odds are this is a short term disaster with so many new faces.

It will be interesting to see how Coach Prime does at this level. My guess is he is going to get busted at some point for some major violations but guess we will have to wait and see.

Characters like Sanders are what makes sports more fun and entertaining, and this is entertaining. Doesn’t always work but it’s still fun to watch. In this case, on a head to head bet I’d bet CO cracks the top 25 in 4 years.
I doubt anyone on that team will have fun this year. Sanders is more interested in boosting his ego than coaching kids.

As soon as Prime has even minimal success, and he will, he will be off to his next job. He wants to win a national championship and he has an ego large enough to think he can do it. Schools like Colorado could never provide the resources or platform to make that happen.

This is starting to look like Scott Frost 2.0. He looks great when he has superior talent to all his opponents. My gut says he will fall flat on his face going against more equal talent and will be outcoached more often than not!

As soon as Prime has even minimal success, and he will, he will be off to his next job. He wants to win a national championship and he has an ego large enough to think he can do it. Schools like Colorado could never provide the resources or platform to make that happen.
Agree that if he has success he will jump ship to something bigger....but I don't think it is a slam dunk that he succeeds. This has the potential to blow up in epic fashion the way he is treating players and acting.

This is starting to look like Scott Frost 2.0. He looks great when he has superior talent to all his opponents. My gut says he will fall flat on his face going against more equal talent and will be outcoached more often than not!
Posted this earlier in the other thread (I think?). He has the #1 transfer class in 2023. Has one 5* and three 4* in his 2023 recruiting class. Has assembled a very good staff. He doesn't need much success to improve. We'll see once the season starts, but my gut tells me he will be more successful than many think. Real test will be in 2024 and 2025.

Last edited:

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. I can only imagine what the Gopher roster would look like if PJ Fleck left this past off season under the present rules. I have a hunch there would be dozens and dozens of players heading out the door as well as there are many players such as Tanner Morgan who came here to play on his team. That team would get wrecked in a hurry!! Hopefully the NCAA takes control of the situation!

Top Bottom