The Big Snow Bank!

Do you see the irony in complaining about other peoples' "sense of entitlement" when your argument is that you should be entitled to stand the entire game and every else who doesn't want to be damned?

Thank you! I don't get this sense of entitlement to stand the entire game regardless of the imposition on the people seated nearby. I was suffering with plantar faciitis during the Iowa game. Standing was extremely painful for me, so I sat for most of the game and ended up having to watch most of the plays on the video board. A young guy next to me kept pestering me to stand. He made the assumption that because I was sitting I was an apathetic fan. Did I owe an explanation to him -- no! Should I have to forfeit my right to attend the game because of foot pain? Do the people in their 60's, 70's and 80's who have supported the Gophers through thick and thin lose their right to enjoy a game in person because they no longer have the stamina to stand throughout the game? Of course not. What about families with small kids?

Everyone is entitled to enjoy the game however they like for me personally that's standing, much like at a concert it is annoying when people don't stand. I also think it adds to the homefield/homecourt advantage when everyone is standing making noise the entire game. Take Cameron indoor, there is no way you can tell me the standing fans surrounding the court don't have any affect on the opposing team.

Just please don't get mad at me if i stand in front of you, if for some reason you cant stand just ask politely for me to move/sit

Wasn't there a Sienfeld addressing the stand v sit issue? Maybe it was Friends?

Top Bottom