The axe at the Vikings game

I'm honestly surprised that many people at a Vikings game were familiar enough with The Rouser to participate.

I am not surprised that there was no "RAH" at the end.

IT'S PART OF THE SONG, PEOPLE!

5 local kids holding the axe at a Vikings game 😍😍😍
Andries, Mafe, and BSF were easily identifiable. Thought the other two were Big O and Durr but if it wasn't them who were the other two guys? What a cool moment for those guys.

Andries, Mafe, and BSF were easily identifiable. Thought the other two were Big O and Durr but if it wasn't them who were the other two guys? What a cool moment for those guys.

I thought someone mentioned it was 5 Minnesota kids, so I believe Phil Howard is the shortest one. Not sure who is on the far right though if it's not Big O?

Maybe Phillip Howard and Logan Richter?

I know that this is a very unpopular opinion and I get why but I still think it would be fun to have a Gopher football game at US Bank Stadium ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They should be having the big ten championship game there every 3 years.
This.

I don't understand why the BIG Championship isn't rotated between various sites (e.g., MSP; Chicago; Indy; Detroit; setc.). Anyone have the scoop on why the game isn't rotated from year to year?

I know that this is a very unpopular opinion and I get why but I still think it would be fun to have a Gopher football game at US Bank Stadium ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I would be all for it, even more so if it could be a "neutral site game" and get to keep 7 on the East Bank.

Last edited:

This.

I don't understand why the BIG Championship isn't rotated between various sites (e.g., MSP; Chicago; Indy; Detroit; setc.). Anyone have the scoop on why the game isn't rotated from year to year?
> It's central to the Big 10 footprint geographically, pretty much drivable for most fan bases, doesn't really favor East or West.
> Great set up with the convention center next door & several hotels.
> It's sort of tied in with the Big 10 hoops tourney bid, which the city does a fantastic job hosting.

NCAA Headquarters there doesn't hurt either. They have done a fantastic job, why mess with success, I say. Indy knows how to put on such events quite well.

This.

Chicago would be great if the stadium wasn’t outdoors in December on the worst surface in all of football. I agree with Minneapolis and Detroit.

> It's central to the Big 10 footprint geographically, pretty much drivable for most fan bases, doesn't really favor East or West.
> Great set up with the convention center next door & several hotels.
> It's sort of tied in with the Big 10 hoops tourney bid, which the city does a fantastic job hosting.

NCAA Headquarters there doesn't hurt either. They have done a fantastic job, why mess with success, I say. Indy knows how to put on such events quite well.
Minneapolis has a convention center close by and has hosted numerous large events including NCAA tournament and Super Bowl. We can handle it. I'm also guessing Minneapolis/St. Paul has more hotels and could also get Mall of America involved like they did with the Super Bowl.

This.

Indy is more centrally located, but they have said it's open to move when contract stipulates.

Indy is more centrally located, but they have said it's open to move when contract stipulates.
Is it also considered a neutral site since Bloomington is an hour and forty minutes away? US Bank would be about 5-10 minutes from the U.

Minneapolis has a convention center close by and has hosted numerous large events including NCAA tournament and Super Bowl. We can handle it. I'm also guessing Minneapolis/St. Paul has more hotels and could also get Mall of America involved like they did with the Super Bowl.
Close by sure, but not across the street like Indy. It is fun watching out of towners try to navigate the skyways. Just yesterday, watched a few dozen lost soul Steeler fans walking around in circles looking at maps as if they were in a foreign language.

No need to involve the MoA. It's a 1 or 2 day event maximum, the week after a major holiday. Fans essentially get in and out. I'm sure with Xmas shopping in full swing it would be a hard pass anyway for the MoA hotels. Don't need it.

I'm not saying Mpls couldn't do it well, but Indy has the built in geographic advantage and it's just flat out a better set up.

Close by sure, but not across the street like Indy. It is fun watching out of towners try to navigate the skyways. Just yesterday, watched a few dozen lost soul Steeler fans walking around in circles looking at maps as if they were in a foreign language.

No need to involve the MoA. It's a 1 or 2 day event maximum, the week after a major holiday. Fans essentially get in and out. I'm sure with Xmas shopping in full swing it would be a hard pass anyway for the MoA hotels. Don't need it.

I'm not saying Mpls couldn't do it well, but Indy has the built in geographic advantage and it's just flat out a better set up.
I think fans would enjoy some MOA tie-in. Not sure if you ever go there but on any given weekend there are tons of people there from Chicago, Wisconsin, Iowa (and probably Nebraska too).

Part of what excited me about potentially going to the bowl game is Phoenix is extending the trip to do other stuff (love northern Arizona). The idea of going to Indy just for a football game and then out right away is kind of boring and there isn't much to do in Indy other than bars (and I can go to bars here).

Chicago would be a great location if they had a domed stadium as there is a ton to do there.

I think fans would enjoy some MOA tie-in. Not sure if you ever go there but on any given weekend there are tons of people there from Chicago, Wisconsin, Iowa (and probably Nebraska too).

Part of what excited me about potentially going to the bowl game is Phoenix is extending the trip to do other stuff (love northern Arizona). The idea of going to Indy just for a football game and then out right away is kind of boring and there isn't much to do in Indy other than bars (and I can go to bars here).

Chicago would be a great location if they had a domed stadium as there is a ton to do there.

Bowl game is different, have a whole month to plan ahead and most have a vacation anyway. Championship game is an on the fly event (may have only 6 days to plan) catered most easily to those that can make it a day trip.

That’s not how marketing works.
You don’t promote to get a 10% uptick on your slowest day, you do that to maximize your busiest days.

I have contacts at MOA and will ask them if there is any interest over the holidays if I remember.

Top Bottom