Texas series officially cancelled

So it wasn't about video rights, it was about scheduling Notre Dame. I'm sure Notre Dame's video rights are not less restrictive than the Big 10's. According to a Jim Delaney quote, the Big 10 would have found a way to make the video rights work for Texas. That excuse sounded lame to begin with. I hope Texas is never again mentioned as a possible Big 10 member. What a headache that would be.

Newsflash. The Big Ten talk of Texas joining was just that. Talk. Texas would never put themselves in that kind of a geographical disadvantage for money. The reward would not be worth the risk. So don't worry. If there is "talk" like that in the future, you can just right on ahead and ignore it.

Newsflash. The Big Ten talk of Texas joining was just that. Talk. Texas would never put themselves in that kind of a geographical disadvantage for money. The reward would not be worth the risk. So don't worry. If there is "talk" like that in the future, you can just right on ahead and ignore it.

Why it's hard to disagree with that one should note that Texas has proven many times that they'll do just about anything for money.

Laughable. A "commitment" (funny choice of wording there) is a one way street huh? It'd be easy to say Minnesota and the Big Ten wasn't "commited" enough to making this game happen as well, but you don't hear that kind of crybaby talk coming from Texas fans.

You sound like a girl that's crying because her prom date wanted a garauntee of some action before he spent all that money on the limo and dinner on her. And because you come from a family of prudes who want things their way just as much as the prom date wants things his way, you wouldn't go along with it. Now the lost prom date is working a saucy deal with a hotter chick and you are upset. Boo effin' hoo. Get over it.

Admit it. The only reason why you are so upset is because you don't get a chance to play Texas, who you now talk trash about, like a jealous lonely prom girl would.

Texas had no gain in playing Minnesota. Not recruiting wise, or by any other aspect. The potential gain was all Minnesota's.

It's unfortunate that things couldn't be worked out, but pointing the finger at Texas, calling foul, and getting upset is quite possibly the most pathetic thing I've witnessed all off-season. Congrats, Gopher cry baby, you've made a mountain out of a little gopher hill.

Wow, that really struck a nerve didn't it? Let's see :blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah: Texas had no gain in playing Minnesota." - Well you did say something sensible. Then they just should have said no in the first place.

"prom date" ? :rolleyes:

Yeah, that was the point of the comment.

Prom date :rolleyes: = "commitment" :rolleyes:

At least that wasn't lost on you. It was a deal that unfortunately didn't work out in the end. Get over it.

Yeah, that was the point of the comment.

Prom date :rolleyes: = "commitment" :rolleyes:

At least that wasn't lost on you. It was a deal that unfortunately didn't work out in the end. Get over it.

So you had to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to get a prom date? It least that makes your surreal reaction to this explainable.

Get out of your parents basement and back to school.

My surreal reaction? Oh, that's rich. You are the one crying over spilt milk saying that any Longhorn's word is worth nothing and trashing the entire University as well.

It's ok though. You being upset will pass. I promise. In a few short weeks the season will be here and your temper tantrum will be just a faint and fading illustration of how pathetic you are. Don't worry.

My surreal reaction? Oh, that's rich. You are the one crying over spilt milk saying that any Longhorn's word is worth nothing and trashing the entire University as well.

It's ok though. You being upset will pass. I promise. In a few short weeks the season will be here and your temper tantrum will be just a faint and fading illustration of how pathetic you are. Don't worry.

Yep...this pretty much describes your little temper tantrum.....

Am I the one saying any Gophers word is worth nothing and trashing your University as a whole? Nope.

Next?

Am I the one saying any Gophers word is worth nothing and trashing your University as a whole? Nope.

Next?

Seriously, go to Burnt Orange so you and your buddies can stroke each other all you want.

No one here cares what you have to say.

Seriously, go to Burnt Orange so you and your buddies can stroke each other all you want.

No one here cares what you have to say.

Stroking your buddies may be your thing, but it's not mine... so, thanks for the advice, but I'll pass.

And despite your delusions of grandeur on this board that I've witnessed for some time now, I doubt many people care what your arrogant self has to say either.

Next?

I didn't say anything about relationships. Why wouldn't the University of South f'n Dakota have a problem? Seriously that's what you are comparing? I'd be surprised if they even have a video camera for their own staff. So the Big 10 has restrictions. They really care that much about not letting us use footage for a stupid coaches show? Who cares.

Look, you don't know everything behind this, and neither do I. All we know is your side is upset that we couldn't reach an agreement because of video rights. Our side has said we just want it for the coaches show and local cable channel. Big deal.

Couldn't the same thing be said about Texas? They really care that much about not being able to use footage for a stupid coaches show? Who cares.

They can give whatever reason they want for the cancellation. Here's my point: Brewster is constantly raising up the hopes of Gopher fans with good news before we finally find out that the original good news didn't work out. I hope he turns this thing around, but it isn't looking good. In the end, the Texas scheduling situation isn't a big deal by itself. In combination with the yearly recruiting problems, it gets pretty annoying.

By the way--not constantly drinking the Brewster kool-aid, does not make one a troll. If you look back at my original post, there was no name-calling, etc. etc.. You would have to look at the responses to my post to find that.

The best part of it right there. What should they have done, kept the Texas series a secret until the day of the game so if it doesn't happen then no one will be disappointed? It's not like he or the U released this information knowing that it probably wasn't going to happen. The two sides had an agreement.

The same could be said on the recruiting side. Players commit to the U, but then change their minds. What is Brewster supposed to do. Say "Come to Minnesota, pretty please"

Cite please.

There have been too many instances of condescending arrogance to note. And frankly, I've got better things to do with my time than research and cite it. I know that I'm not alone with this opinion though. But really, it doesn't matter. I just had to return fire. Have a good day.

There have been too many instances of condescending arrogance to note. And frankly, I've got better things to do with my time than research and cite it. I know that I'm not alone with this opinion though. But really, it doesn't matter. I just had to return fire. Have a good day.

Translation:

"I'm throwing out baseless and ignorant accusations, even though I've spent the previous 14 hours throwing a temper tantrum castigating others for doing the exact same thing."

Oh, by the way...the opinions of other schools' fans on a Gophers message board mean less than nothing to me.

Translation:

"I'm throwing out baseless and ignorant accusations, even though I've spent the previous 14 hours throwing a temper tantrum castigating others for doing the exact same thing."

Oh, by the way...the opinions of other schools' fans on a Gophers message board mean less than nothing to me.

So ignorance is also one of your personal character traits. Good to know. But just so you know, the others with the same opinion of you... well, I wasn't referring to non-Gopher fans, but some of your very own.

And just for clarification, I singled out one idiot on this board who was trashing an entire school. If I were saying that the word of all Gophers meant nothing and trashed Minnesota as a whole, I'd be doing the same thing. But I didn't, so it's not. But nice try.

Carry on with the continual petting of your ego.

So ignorance is also one of your personal character traits. Good to know. But just so you know, the others with the same opinion of you... well, I wasn't referring to non-Gopher fans, but some of your very own.

So no evidence of condescending arrogance?

The most recent example I can recall is his role in the arbitrary pissing match he got into with another poster about star ratings of recruits with relation to offers, etc. The funny thing is that I found myself agreeing more with him than the other poster on that subject, but the way he went about making his point smacked of condescending arrogance.

Happy?

As far as researching other past posts of his for more examples, like I said earlier, I've got better things to do with my time.

Y'all have wonderful day.

I'd rather play an American team than play Texas anyway.

What I find amazing is that they backed out of a game against a Big Ten opponent at precisely the time their credibility, and the creditability of their conference is crumbling.

I read somewhere the other day (not sure where right now) that the gophers are getting close to finalizing a deal to replace the Texas games on the schedule with another BCS opponent. Does anyone know who this BCS opponent would be?

If Minnesota was smart they would pay Notre Dame and arm and a leg in order to have a 4 year series starting in 2015 (Even if it meant not making a profit on the game). Then they could mail a picture of goldy riding a longhorn, while flipping the bird, to the Texas AD and Mack Brown.

I read somewhere the other day (not sure where right now) that the gophers are getting close to finalizing a deal to replace the Texas games on the schedule with another BCS opponent. Does anyone know who this BCS opponent would be?

They have three Non-Conference games already scheduled for 2015 and 2016. Now the official stance from Delany seems to be that the Conference will go to a 9-game schedule. That would leave only three Non-Conference games.

I wonder if the delay has anything to do with that?

I predict Notre Dame will never play Minnesota for any price. They know they would have lost more years than they would have won over the last 10 years. And they have too many fans and alumni in the Twin Cities whose illusions to the contrary they don't want to risk shattering.

Notre Dame, in my lifetime, has always been all about maintaining an image. In the last 15 years this has turned into maintaining an illusion. Texas seems to be heading this direction too.

Texas probably realized they weren't the big dog at the negotiating table with the BTN. The best response to that is to find an alternative option, so that you have the ability to walk away. I'm guessing they started looking around when they realized they weren't going to be able to push the BTN around. Once they felt comfortable with another option they walked.

I predict Notre Dame will never play Minnesota for any price. They know they would have lost more years than they would have won over the last 10 years. And they have too many fans and alumni in the Twin Cities whose illusions to the contrary they don't want to risk shattering.

Notre Dame, in my lifetime, has always been all about maintaining an image. In the last 15 years this has turned into maintaining an illusion. Texas seems to be heading this direction too.

Yeah, a decade plus of 10 win seasons at minimum, with multiple conference championships, and being in the hunt for a national title each and every year while arguably being one of the most dominating forces on the recruiting scene sure is "maintaining an illusion."

:clap:

Yeah, a decade plus of 10 win seasons at minimum, with multiple conference championships, and being in the hunt for a national title each and every year while arguably being one of the most dominating forces on the recruiting scene sure is "maintaining an illusion."

Couple of thoughts. I have a ton of respect for UT. The school is academically one of the best publics in the nation and I hoped that despite geographical differences that it would have considered joining the BigTen. I think it is a better fit for the school academically than any other conference (cultural and geographical differences notwithstanding). From an athletic standpoint, UT has been one of the top 5 programs across the board along with Stanford, tOSU, UCLA anf Florida. So, they have done an excellent job there too. I admired the way they stood against Nebraska when the Big XII was founded on the partial qualifier rule and that they have held to their own principles. Mack Brown is a class coach in my mind and has built UT back to the upper echelon of college football, where I would expect it to stay for a long time barring some sort of major scandal or radical changing of the financial model. Those things said, UT backed out of a contractual agreement. The stated reasoning makes little sense, and even if it did, a contract is a contract. Now, it appears that the stated reasoning was a mirage intended to cover the main reason for breaking the contract, which was to schedule Notre Dame. Say what you want, it is at the very least unethical and dishonest despite your protestations to the contrary. While in this Gopher fan's view, UT and by and large most of its fanbase carries itself with class much of the time, the school didn't do so in this case. I find your commentary about prom dates an amusing if misguided analogy. All I see is a school that broke a contract and in this case anyhow should be held financially liable for breach of contract.

I guess even you could be right about something. :eek:It your 255 post but still fair is fair.

Let's see you've said:

"Texas had no gain in playing Minnesota. Not recruiting wise, or by any other aspect. The potential gain was all Minnesota's.

Texas would never put themselves in that kind of a geographical disadvantage for money. The reward would not be worth the risk."[/I]

But you got your little undies in a bind over this:

"You're 'just saying" that when it comes to money a Longhorn's word is worth about as much as sand in the Sahara. Or better yet, when it comes to honoring a commitment the University of Texas is "all hat and no cattle"

Let see, Minnesota had all the advantages, Texas had none. Seems true to me. The Longhorns would have made more money and would have most likely won both games which is why many of us including, despite your silly little outburst, me, didn't think it was such a good idea scheduling them in the first place.

They dumped the Gophers to get the Fighting Irish. That game will be worth a lot more money particularly with the NBC contract or the Longhorns desired TV network. Texas, as you state, understands all to well "risk versus reward". They dumped Rice, TCU and SMU to join up with the Big 8 when scandals and probation wiped-out the old SWC. The negotiated with the Pac 10 and seemingly changed their mind. They finally stayed in the Big 12 after getting their fellow schools to ante-up with a sweetheart deal otherwise they were headed elsewhere. At least that what nearly ever AD in the Big 12 said.

Unless you've been screaming elsewhere about how Texas should have kept all of these deals why in the hell to you come here whining like a little doucebag when it's pointed out?:banghead:

Brown probably looked at it a a favor to an old friend and colleague but when the nine conference schedule came in, and it looked like they could make a WHOLE lot of money he backed out. Good business sense, but still breaking his word. (prom date:rolleyes:)

You don't seemed bothered by that, quite the contrary, you think its a good idea. Then why do you start acting like such a little "crybaby" when it's pointed out?

I'm guessing that since you've been around here for 7 months or so, and the only apparent connection here is Brewster, that you must spend HOURS on the boards of Big 12 teams. That would mean that after what has gone on the past three months or so, you've spent a lot of time defending Texas. That involved defending the Longhorns against false accusations and, reading your post here, attacking motives when Texas was clearly in the wrong.

Take out the last day or so and your posts seemed to add a lot of info to the discussions around here. The posts in this thread haven't.

The poster from the previous months would read this and except for a intentionally slanderous word or two would have thought "yeah, they broke their word but it was the right thing to do".

The little weasel who has posted in this thread will ignore facts he doesn't like and continue to whine on about how Texas has never made a self-serving decision in his lifetime; and even if that lifetime may be only 16 -17 years, and he'd be wrong.

The first guys is always welcome. Todays' guy? Now "that guy" has signed-off at least three times today. I only hope he makes it permanent.

But if I signed off permanently today I wouldn't be able to point out that you've just made the most extensive and impressive, yet false, strawman argument in the history of this website. Congrats!

Top Bottom