Tanner Morgan injury watch thread

NO! You pass through levels to "return to play". Go ahead and read what I posted. This is not a 1-100 scale. NOT how this works. READ IT
If Tanner were able to return to activities and not have ANY symptoms, then he could play. Only if he passes through these levels though.
There is no grey area when it comes to college or high school sports, sorry.
I remember seeing a documentary about this team in Texas that was going for another district championship. The coach and trainer were injecting the star QB so that he could keep playing during the season, then he got hurt and his backup came in and played great. But in the final game the star RB got hurt during the first half. The coach and trainer wanted to inject him so that he could keep playing but the players stood up to him and the coach ended up leaving the stadium after halftime in disgrace while the players took over and won the game running an unconventional style of offense called the "upty oop" or something like that.

Never did hear what happened to the QB, think his last name was Moxon or something like that. ;)

The following is impossible and could never be said?

"Hey coach, Tanner technically passed but it was borderline. In my opinion, he'd do a lot better next week if he didn't play, but it's your call. I'll sign off on it if you want me to."

No?

Also, are you a neurologist?
Just stop. You have no idea what you are talking about and everyone reading your posts know it. Give it up bro. If you think Fleck would play Morgan if there’s even a chance his injury from last week could affect him this week you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. The only way he plays is if the medical staff feels 100% confident that he’s fully cleared and good to go. Oh, but it’s apparent you think you’re a neurologist. You know better than the University of Minnesota medical staff and Coach Fleck and Ciarocca. Thanks for all your insight. It’s absolutely laughable.

Please tell me you are just joking around and aren't seriously wondering if anyone is going to have any sort of injury update on Morgan before the game on Saturday. Because that is when we are likely to find out if he is playing. Same way we had no idea O'Connell was starting for Purdue or DeVito was starting for Illinois for sure until Saturday.
Simmer down.
This is a message board and you clicked on a link titled Tanner Morgan Injury Watch only to say nobody will know - which isn’t true, people know, and people are naturally curious is anything is coming out.

Simma down now

I was being hopeful, but this seems to indicate he won’t play. Let’s hope Athan is our big time QB.

I was being hopeful, but this seems to indicate he won’t play. Let’s hope Athan is our big time QB.
With concussions it’s often a 5 day protocol

Not knowing yet indicates that he had something that makes this day 5
So he likely did full contact yesterday and they can’t decide on today until warming up and seeing if there are symptoms.

Also, being cleared doesn’t mean will play. Could be cleared and they don’t play him due to lack of practice.
Also, they could already know and haven’t decided
Also they could already know and have decided

I remember seeing a documentary about this team in Texas that was going for another district championship. The coach and trainer were injecting the star QB so that he could keep playing during the season, then he got hurt and his backup came in and played great. But in the final game the star RB got hurt during the first half. The coach and trainer wanted to inject him so that he could keep playing but the players stood up to him and the coach ended up leaving the stadium after halftime in disgrace while the players took over and won the game running an unconventional style of offense called the "upty oop" or something like that.

Never did hear what happened to the QB, think his last name was Moxon or something like that. ;)
giphy.gif

So he likely did full contact yesterday and they can’t decide on today until warming up and seeing if there are symptoms.

Also, being cleared doesn’t mean will play. Could be cleared and they don’t play him due to lack of practice.
Where are you getting this info? 5 day protocol after concussion most likely doesn’t mean you are clear to okay full contact football on day 6. They don’t even want some kids to go to class right away because it’s too much stress on the brain.

Where are you getting this info? 5 day protocol after concussion most likely doesn’t mean you are clear to okay full contact football on day 6. They don’t even want some kids to go to class right away because it’s too much stress on the brain.
Once you are free of symptoms you begin a 5 day process of coming back.

If you have a doctor telling your kid not to go back to class when your kid has no symptoms you should seek out a new doctor

Just stop. You have no idea what you are talking about and everyone reading your posts know it. Give it up bro. If you think Fleck would play Morgan if there’s even a chance his injury from last week could affect him this week you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. The only way he plays is if the medical staff feels 100% confident that he’s fully cleared and good to go. Oh, but it’s apparent you think you’re a neurologist. You know better than the University of Minnesota medical staff and Coach Fleck and Ciarocca. Thanks for all your insight. It’s absolutely laughable.
I could care less, but you know this how? PJ tell you this or do you know the medical team?

I could care less, but you know this how? PJ tell you this or do you know the medical team?
Have you watched Gopher football the last 5 1/2 years under Fleck? Have you listened to him? How many times has he said it’s not up to him it’s up to the medical team? How many times have guys not played and he said those exact words? How many times have you seen guys suit up and then not play?

Have you watched Gopher football the last 5 1/2 years under Fleck? Have you listened to him? How many times has he said it’s not up to him it’s up to the medical team? How many times have guys not played and he said those exact words? How many times have you seen guys suit up and then not play?
Doh'k, that's quite the leap to say you know what goes on behind the scenes by watching Gopher football and listening to PJ talk. Not saying you may not be correct, but it's a dumb comment to say it as if you know.

beyond all of that:

If the WR's are not able to
A. get open &
B. catch the ball

it doesn't matter whether the QB is Morgan, Athan or Fred Flintstone.
beyond all of that:

If the WR's are not able to
A. get open &
B. catch the ball

it doesn't matter whether the QB is Morgan, Athan or Fred Flintstone.
Wrong. Fred can scamper. A threat to pull it down and take it to the house every play.

Doh'k, that's quite the leap to say you know what goes on behind the scenes by watching Gopher football and listening to PJ talk. Not saying you may not be correct, but it's a dumb comment to say it as if you know.
Never said I know what goes on behind the scenes tool. You keep defending Gopher4_life though, it’s a good look.

If you have a doctor telling your kid not to go back to class when your kid has no symptoms you should seek out a new doctor
What? I said “right away,” not after they have no symptoms. Also, I am an MD.

If a a guy gets a concussion on a Saturday game, even if out of the 5 day protocol by next Saturday, there is a very high chance in a full speed Big Ten game that any hit to the head, or his head hitting the ground, will exacerbate the concussion.

Doesn't matter if he practiced or not. Might not matter if he's cleared by medical staff. We have a history of erring extremely on the side of caution.

This is the team and conference that locked players in their room 21 days because a girl they knew in 7th grade might have known someone who tested positive for Covid.

What? I said “right away,” not after they have no symptoms. Also, I am an MD.

If a a guy gets a concussion on a Saturday game, even if out of the 5 day protocol by next Saturday, there is a very high chance in a full speed Big Ten game that any hit to the head, or his head hitting the ground, will exacerbate the concussion.
Big MD guy here

Doesn't matter if he practiced or not. Might not matter if he's cleared by medical staff. We have a history of erring extremely on the side of caution.

This is the team and conference that locked players in their room 21 days because a girl they knew in 7th grade might have known someone who tested positive for Covid.
No idea what you are talking about

Mo could have gone against Purdue and was held out so there’s that.

No matter what quarterback is playing, the playbook is going to be as vanilla as vanilla can get.

If it's Morgan, they won't want to risk another injury so....

If it's AK, they will fear him making young QB mistakes so....

So, no matter what, unless we hold them to 17 or less, this is going to be a tough game to watch.

Just my opinion. I hope I am wrong as hell.

Wellll, I mean it's been pretty much been the A topic in the NFL with the Tua situation and other team incidents soo....
Right but somehow Fleck is gonna pull something shady while everyone is watching. That math checks out...

Maybe before Tua (not likely The U is way too tightassed to allow that) but now? No chance.

Didn't answer the question, but OK.

Are we arguing still or is there any actual news in here?

In early warm-ups (shorts & t-shirt) Tanner was on the field warming up with the other QB's.

Top Bottom