Syracuse: Pregame Thread

Little earlier in the thread. Read all 3 pages. Some guy at the ends suggests winning by 14 would be mediocre...

This is great stuff - these people are delirious. Shortell will be a nice surprise for them.....LOL

I like this one........

Doug and SU can't lose this game. There are no excuses for a loss next week!
Stern, Yesterday at 11:45 PM #22

"Thats all II'm asking for. I don't think it's to much."

orangencpolice said: ↑
"If we blow them out they won't have any excuses. Like by 3 or 4 touchdowns."

Seriously? I don't know if these people watch football outside of Syracuse games, but that is like me saying that Minnesota beating Western Michigan by 3 or 4 touchdowns wouldn't be too much to ask for...

Oh well. Hopefully their team thinks it will be that easy too.

Great stuff from MV. I think most people are in a "wait and see" mode, but a strong defensive performance against Syracuse - who has put up yards on decent teams this year - would move a lot of people into the "believe" camp.

I especially like this stat:

Minnesota has allowed less than 4.72 yards per play on defense for five consecutive games. That happened only five times in the previous 35 games from Wisconsin 2012 to Syracuse 2009.

Geez, everyone but a few on the Syracuse site seem to think the Orange will beat us handily. At least most here think it will be a push.

Little earlier in the thread. Read all 3 pages. Some guy at the ends suggests winning by 14 would be mediocre...

"Thats all II'm asking for. I don't think it's to much."

orangencpolice said: ↑
"If we blow them out they won't have any excuses. Like by 3 or 4 touchdowns."

Seriously? I don't know if these people watch football outside of Syracuse games, but that is like me saying that Minnesota beating Western Michigan by 3 or 4 touchdowns wouldn't be too much to ask for...

Oh well. Hopefully their team thinks it will be that easy too.

Can you imagine the death spiral they will be on by Sunday morning? "Orange crushed"...

The fans are in for a surprise. I will be surprised if this isn't a 1 score game favoring either side. Do they realize that they are the underdogs in this game?

Yeah, I don't know how a team with their recent history can walk into a BCS conference team road game for the first time in the year, and proclaim a tight contest would be a disappointment lol. I would expect them to think they're gonna win, but walk away with it? Nah, I wouldn't just assume that's gonna happen.

Do they have a quick 3-5 step drop passing game or can we put a little pressure on their QB?
This will be a good challenge!

The quick 3-5 step throw, is suspectible to direct pressure in the middle not so much from the defensive end. It would be ideal to have size, strength, and quickness in a defensive tackle. Someone over 6-3 who if he cannot reach the QB, can get his hands up. If at 6' the hand would be at about 8' and any veritcle say 24" would get a hand at 10'. But say you have a 6'6" defensive tackle who can beat almost any center guard double team, and if he can get his hands up you are starting closer to 9' and and jumping closer to 11. But do we have anyone like that? If the other DT is larger and can penetrate, it becomes a wall to throw over. Batted, balls, tipped balls, throwing lanes. It all is defeated with quick pressure. Have we been able to show this? Have we been able to control opponnents passing attacks? Before you go to far with the Syracuse QB, take another look at our defensive line.

That link to the Syracuse board is just full of LOL. You would have no idea they're a 1-2 team.

Saturday forecast: low of 40 degrees

8339_original_YesJackNicholson.gif

The Cuse has been cursed since they abandoned Archibald Stadium.

arch_stadium1.jpg

Some would argue it was short sighted, gone were the Glory Days of Floyd Little, Jim Brown, Ernie Davis. It was all chucked in favor of moving to an all purpose domed facility. And while the talent sometimes has surfaced, they are still looking in the rearview mirror.

Look what happend to Miami when they abandoned the Orange Bowl and it was torn down.

These teams have no hope of returning to their former glory.

All we need to do is jump on them early and remove all doubt.
BEAT SYRACUSE!

The quick 3-5 step throw, is suspectible to direct pressure in the middle not so much from the defensive end. It would be ideal to have size, strength, and quickness in a defensive tackle. Someone over 6-3 who if he cannot reach the QB, can get his hands up. If at 6' the hand would be at about 8' and any veritcle say 24" would get a hand at 10'. But say you have a 6'6" defensive tackle who can beat almost any center guard double team, and if he can get his hands up you are starting closer to 9' and and jumping closer to 11. But do we have anyone like that? If the other DT is larger and can penetrate, it becomes a wall to throw over. Batted, balls, tipped balls, throwing lanes. It all is defeated with quick pressure. Have we been able to show this? Have we been able to control opponnents passing attacks? Before you go to far with the Syracuse QB, take another look at our defensive line.
Just a quick addition Hageman claims he still has a 30" vertical.

Just a quick addition Hageman claims he still has a 30" vertical.

Oh yeah, he is 6'6 and about 310. Come on Rasheed, lets have that breakout game. BEAT SYRACUSE!!!!

Top Bottom