Syracuse fans reacting to Minnesota fans reacting to playing Syracuse

I looked it up: Syracuse is 10th of 14 teams in the ACC in rushing defense. They are second in passing defense.

Fleck will therefore choose to pound them to obliteration with Mo... and Gopher fans will complain about it.
Yes, Murray. Many Gopher fans would probably complain if the Gophers lost, even while Mo personally had a great game.

Or we try to pass for 400 yds and throw 3 picks and complain we didn't stick with pounding with Mo. We'll complain either way.

If only there was a CFP for bitching and complaining...

What if Mo rushes for 200 and the Gophers win, though?

No lie. Your rushing game terrifies me.

Cuse fan coming in peace. Yes, a couple ball busting threads are around, but in the end, nothing but respect, at least from me, from the Gopher program. I'm excited about this game and hope for a competitive matchup, although, again, we need to stem the tide of your running game to have any chance.

Their reactions are weird. Almost all the negative comments have been to the bowl itself, not the opponent.

Cuse fan coming in peace. Yes, a couple ball busting threads are around, but in the end, nothing but respect, at least from me, from the Gopher program. I'm excited about this game and hope for a competitive matchup, although, again, we need to stem the tide of your running game to have any chance.

Some of our Gopher fans think we need a more balanced attack. Our "keyboard koordinators".

Their reactions are weird. Almost all the negative comments have been to the bowl itself, not the opponent.

I think a lot of Cuse fans were hoping for a warmer weather destination although, realistically, we knew Annapolis and is 5 degrees warmer and 20% less chance of snow was about as good as we could get. But at least you could legit tailgate there.

I dont think many Cuse fans have any issue with Minnesota as a program at all, just I think it would be ideal to be playing you all somewhere that wasnt the Bronx.

Curious what you thought of Purdue, our common opponent this year in terms of how their talent and style of play matched up against yours (if you watched the game....b/c I did not).

I think a lot of Cuse fans were hoping for a warmer weather destination although, realistically, we knew Annapolis and is 5 degrees warmer and 20% less chance of snow was about as good as we could get. But at least you could legit tailgate there.

I dont think many Cuse fans have any issue with Minnesota as a program at all, just I think it would be ideal to be playing you all somewhere that wasnt the Bronx.
I was talking more about Cuse fans acting like MN fans are complaining about them being the opponent. It seems both fan bases aren’t thrilled about playing in NYC.

Judging from the posts, your fan base seems fun.

It will be a good matchup.

Curious what you thought of Purdue, our common opponent this year in terms of how their talent and style of play matched up against yours (if you watched the game....b/c I did not).

Purdue wasn't playing nearly as well when we played them. And we were playing a lot better than we did over the second half.

That said, for me, the biggest reason we beat them in the end was that they were one dimensional. Lack of a running game sure, but the fact we could so decisively key on one side of the ball defensively I think helped us (at least till that wild 4th when everyone on both D's was gassed).

I was talking more about Cuse fans acting like MN fans are complaining about them being the opponent. It seems both fan bases aren’t thrilled about playing in NYC.
I think that when you have a good solid opponent that doesn't have a true rivalry or inflection point (do we want to have a snowfall measuring contest) you find what you can to fire things up.

Truth be told, after a 5 game slide, I think we all knew that we played ourselves out of the better options. Like i said, on a personal level, was preparing to be cold, but was hoping to be able to tailgate.

Beat Syracuse and they will have lost 6 of their last 7 games. Not the type of opponent where beating them helps us move up much in the polls. Losing to them would be a huge downer and a terrible end to the season.

Suckacuse is really good at SUCKING!!!
Some may say elite at SUCKING!!!
Suck You
Suckacuse…

Yes, well said.

Regarding their win over Purdue: Fleck is, what, 4-2 against Brohm?

And they sure do make a huge thing about their win over Minnesota... in 2012, or whenever it was.
We actually beat them in 2012, not to mention 1996 and 2009. Syracuse beat us in the 2013 Houston bowl game (Wolitarsky dropped a TD pass late in that game).

They're kind of a dumb bunch. They seem perplexed why people who live in an extremely cold climate would want to vacation in a warm client.

The only Syracuse game I watched was vs. Clemson. They had looked like they may be a contender in the ACC at that point, but lost (barely) to Clemson. And that started a five game losing streak, that continued for the rest of the season until the last game of the year.

Their fans have to be similarly disappointed as Gopher fans. Like Minnesota, Syracuse had high hopes in October.

Top Bottom