Suggs craps on Pitino in strib article

OK scools, dont overplay your hand. We get it. Something negative happens and you are right here giddy as a schoolgirl. Soon something positive will happen and you will be sulking...
Exactly what would I sulk about? This notion that anyone critical of Pitino wants the program to fail is one of the biggest delusions on this board.
Followed by an even bigger delusion that I am trying to get him fired.

The top guys leaving the state doesn’t matter crowd are frauds.

if Pitino was landing them they would be doing back flips all over this board proclaiming his greatness. They want it both ways.

I love comments like this one that are intended to insult anybody that doesn't feel the same way as you. So helpful to the conversation.

Speaking for myself and not on behalf of all us pro-Pitino sheep. I don't care where the kids come from. I really don't. I don't feel a bigger connection to them if they come from Minnesota. I really don't. I haven't seen hardly any of them play before they get here. For the most part, we are all making determinations on the quality of the recruits based on a made up star system that frankly doesn't have any impact on them once they get here.

What a misleading thread title. It’s a pretty simple statement that the basketball team wasn’t a good fit.

Well- I guess that would put you on the other end of it. :unsure: I am comfortable with my position, actually rooting for the Gophers and the coach during the season. For me- college basketball is fun and I want it to be fun during the season. This team has heart, the coach is doing a great job with them, they are playing great defense. The prospects are as good as they have been in a long time, going back 20 years. If at the end of the year, the AD thinks he can do better. So be it.

I am with the team. You...not so much.
Blindly supporting something without being objective about it will lead to results like we have with Pitino.

He will occasionally have a decent year every now and then but he isn't the guy who will lead this team to consistent success. This is year 7 and I just don't get why people still make excuses and/or want him around.

This isn't exactly a destination school, it could be a much better one if we had consistent success, and we'll have to take chances on coaches that are relatively unproven (like we did with Pitino!) but it's clear that he just isn't the guy needed for this program.

Idiot I answered your question twice. So for the THIRD time since your comprehension skills suck. The answer was and still is NO NO NO.
Opposite of your post before that stating the same.
Scools is a dishonest douche.

Exactly what would I sulk about? This notion that anyone critical of Pitino wants the program to fail is one of the biggest delusions on this board.
You get him fired??

Suggs will go pro I stated it months ago. A kid he has AAU ties with is from Australia. His parents live there and will be like a family for him. I cannot remember the kids name but I believe the Australian kid committed to a mid major out west. Good shooter.

Well, if the basketball thing or the pro thing don’t work out or fall through: maybe the kid can come back home and play football on Fleck’s GOPHER football team...

: o )

Last edited:

Opposite of your post before that stating the same.
Scools is a dishonest douche.
This has become very apparent as of late. The guy literally went missing when we knocked off OSU and Oklahoma St. but AS SOON as negative stuff happens he's the top poster.

Yet, here you are today and nowhere to be found when we have a big win...

This has become very apparent as of late. The guy literally went missing when we knocked off OSU and Oklahoma St. but AS SOON as negative stuff happens he's the top poster.
Indeed. Simply dishonest.

Would guess other local prospects have felt the same way. On the other hand, our 3 local sophomore players Treyton Thompson, and Mark Coyle say hello. Some possibilities for Suggs throwing the BB program under the bus:
1. Suggs gives an honest off the cuff answer sharing his personal feelings
2. Influencers in Suggs life are down on the gophers program and Suggs wants to support their narrative.
3. Suggs would really like to stay local but is unimpressed by the gophs program. He is speaking out of frustration.
4. Suggs wants to maintain Minnesota love so is shifting the blame for his choice to the staff, using the popular Fleck to score points.
5. Some things happened during the recruiting process that annoyed Suggs.
Perhaps the staff determined early on that there was no chance and didn't give him the requisite love. His way of evening the score.

His statement is also somewhat of a backhanded slap at current gopher players. They apparently werent sharp enough to assess the situation correctly. Have no idea which, if any, of the above scenarios captures the truth.
This season's version looks like a group that will be easy to cheer for, so will enjoy watching them.

Last edited:

Yet, here you are today and nowhere to be found when we have a big win...
I was here when the Gophers beat Ohio St. Gave credit where credit was due.
Didn’t say a word about the coach or the effort of the team against Purdue.
You guys need your narrative though. After all I hate Pitino ?

Do you think with the right incentive package, we could entice PJ Fleck to coach both football and basketball?

Would guess other local prospects have felt the same way. On the other hand, our 3 local sophomore players Treyton Thompson, and Mark Coyle say hello. Some possibilities for Suggs throwing the BB program under the bus:
2. Influencers in Suggs life are down on the gophers program and Suggs wants to support their narrative.
3. Suggs would really like to stay local but is unimpressed by the gophs program. He is speaking out of frustration.
4. Suggs wants to maintain Minnesota love so is shifting the blame for his choice to the staff, using the popular Fleck to score points.
Perhaps the staff determined early on that there was no chance and didn't give him the requisite love. His way of evening the score.

His statement is also somewhat of a backhanded slap at current gopher players. They apparently werent sharp enough to assess the situation correctly. Have no idea which, if any, of the above scenarios captures the truth.
This season's version looks like a group that will be easy to cheer for, so will enjoy watching them.
No matter the case Suggs threw Pitino and the entire program under the bus and deemed us "not good enough for him". He's entitled to his own opinion but he showed a real lack of class with his statements. Would rather recruit kids with good character who want to play here and represent the U then have Suggs and his entitled BS undermine the program.

Do you think with the right incentive package, we could entice PJ Fleck to coach both football and basketball?

Seems like the hockey program could use a boost as well. . .

Have you seen what Gonzaga has and who else is in his class !

Yeah, that’s great for him.

Probably a leading question about the local team and an unintentional slight, but the correct answer to that question is “Gonzaga was the best fit and has pieces to help me reach my goals”. Instead, he answered that Minnesota, Pitino, and the local athletes who chose the gophers were beneath him.

I’m not shaken up about it, but I’d love to watch him match up against Gabe and Carr for 40 minutes.

I am not a fan of how he said what he did, where he said it and on national TV. But he laid out why Gonzaga with a coach and incoming player answer and development. heck, he did not even mention the overwhelming winning.

I was here when the Gophers beat Ohio St. Gave credit where credit was due.
Didn’t say a word about the coach or the effort of the team against Purdue.
You guys need your narrative though. After all I hate Pitino ?
As long as you are here pushing your BS narrative I will be here to expose it.

I just don't get picking Gonzaga. They play a few tough games in November and then they play in a scrub conference. It's like Minnehaha Academy playing in class AA, your competition is scrub so of course you look good.
Next year 2/3 of his games will be against second rate talent rather than playing in a conference where you are challenged to get better every night. It's like the class valedictorian who never takes any tough classes just to maintain an A average.
As I said in the Suggs thread, I may watch a game or two of Gonzaga next year, but I don't care about the WCC conference or its teams.
I hope he has a good life. He just left a lot of business networking on the shelf, however.

I am not a fan of how he said what he did, where he said it and on national TV. But he laid out why Gonzaga with a coach and incoming player answer and development. heck, he did not even mention the overwhelming winning.
Not a fan.
BUT.
Overwhelming winning.

Suggs is an 17-18 yr old kid put on national stage and we just expect them to be tactful? Doesn't work that way. Can't blameng Gonzaga over MN. It fits his and his familie/handlers values. That's fine. We can get kids who want to be here. Suggs is a wonderful talent, but we won't win championships getting kids with differing agendas. We will with Mashburn, Carrs, Gabes, and Oturo's of the world that want to be here. Let that be our focus. A Kerwin Walton will be more valuable to us than a Suggs, let's hope that's where we've been working harder (we have btw)

Top Bottom