Student Section's Back Must Hurt

....And U of M invented cheerleading. sounds like we WERE first. Bam.

Touché I should have remembered that.

I was pretty disappointed that the crowd didn't bring the intensity that it brought in the Purdue game. I felt like everyone in the building thought the Iowa game was a gimme and that we didn't have to cheer as hard. A Big Ten win is a Big Ten win. I felt like it was very easy for Iowa to turn the game around with the lack of intensity and we got away with a win that shouldn't have been close at all. Let's hope the Cats don't surprise us on the 26th.

I was pretty disappointed that the crowd didn't bring the intensity that it brought in the Purdue game. I felt like everyone in the building thought the Iowa game was a gimme and that we didn't have to cheer as hard. A Big Ten win is a Big Ten win. I felt like it was very easy for Iowa to turn the game around with the lack of intensity and we got away with a win that shouldn't have been close at all. Let's hope the Cats don't surprise us on the 26th.

Are you talking about the lack of intensity from the crowd or the lack of intensity from the players that made it easy for Iowa to turn the game around? The two are completely separate concepts that shouldn't be confused. Players win/lose games. The crowd watches players win/lose games.

You are good fans, the old people (some of which have spent 5 and maybe 6 figures on tickets to watch a whole lotta $hitty basketball) aren't.

Wait. What? 5 or 6 figures for tickets? Do you know what a "figure" is? :eek:

Are you talking about the lack of intensity from the crowd or the lack of intensity from the players that made it easy for Iowa to turn the game around? The two are completely separate concepts that shouldn't be confused. Players win/lose games. The crowd watches players win/lose games.

I am talking about the advantage that we gain through crowd involvement. There's no way, without the intensity of the crowd, that we could win some of the games we win. When the crowd is not involved at home, the players mostly play stale. So I would say the intensity of the crowd and the way the players play isn't all that different.

I am talking about the advantage that we gain through crowd involvement. There's no way, without the intensity of the crowd, that we could win some of the games we win. When the crowd is not involved at home, the players mostly play stale. So I would say the intensity of the crowd and the way the players play isn't all that different.

But is the crowd really making the players more intense? I would contend that more often than not the the level of play fuels the intensity of the crowd, rather than the other way around.

its a known commodity that this era of U students are very ignorant and not very knowledgeable. The days of the U student being a true prideful Minnesotan is over. That is all.

But is the crowd really making the players more intense? I would contend that more often than not the the level of play fuels the intensity of the crowd, rather than the other way around.

True. But even when we were playing very well in the Iowa game, the crowd was hesitant to respond because of the level of opponent we were playing.

Wait. What? 5 or 6 figures for tickets? Do you know what a "figure" is? :eek:

Is this a trick question, censored? Or are you truly as dumb as a bag of rocks? Please say it's the former.

Apparently Censored doesn't understand the concept of 5 or 6 figures. But to help him out, I conservatively figure I've spent $11,500 (that's 5 figures for those not mathematically inclined) in my 19 years as a Gopher season-ticket holder, and I've never had a seat-licensing fee. ... I can only imagine what those loyal folks pay.

Students = great fans;

Non-students/30-40ish/"bluehairs" = bad fans.;)

When I see the back & forth on threads about the student vs. non-student crowd, that is when I remind myself I too had all the answers when I was a young lad of 18-22.

Originally Posted by Spin Your Head

I know Tubby often cites the fans for thier energy but I think you are giving yourself way too much credit here. Yes, crowds can be intimidating but to suggest that some our losses are due to lack of fan involvement is a real streach.

By the way I was the first one to ask Goldy to "spin your head" way back in the day.

But only after you saw Duke do it, right?

Gosh I didn't know the Duke Blue Devil did that sort of thing but it does stand to reason that it could.

And true...I must admit I did see Linda Blair do it before I asked Goldie to do it.

Top Bottom