Student Section Tickets

Gopherholefan

Reaction score
Are you going to need a student ID to get in this year? Anyone heard any news on this topic? I know there was a thread on it a little while ago, but I think that was mainly speculation, nothing for sure. Any response would be great.

Are you going to need a student ID to get in this year? Anyone heard any news on this topic? I know there was a thread on it a little while ago, but I think that was mainly speculation, nothing for sure. Any response would be great.

What I had been told from marketing when I checked a few weeks ago was that they would have the same procedure as football. Which means ID's will be checked, but not scanned. Keep in mind, this is always subject to change.

How about you (1) Don't worry about other peoples business, and (2) if there are going to be open spots in the student section, why wouldn't you want someone sittin there?

How about you (1) Don't worry about other peoples business, and (2) if there are going to be open spots in the student section, why wouldn't you want someone sittin there?

(1) Because it's the STUDENT section so if you're not a student get out of there.

(2) No. Because that'd probably mean old people or fans of the opponent. Both of which are awful to have in the student section. Besides, there won't be open spots in the student section.

(2) No. Because that'd probably mean old people or fans of the opponent. Both of which are awful to have in the student section. Besides, there won't be open spots in the student section.

old people or fans of the opponent?? What are you talking about? How many games do you go to?? Non-conference games the student section is MAYBE 1/2 full. Conference games last year, the student section was full maybe 3 or 4 times!! Also, whats the point of arguing this? I'm just looking for a little info...

Last year my kids (18 &21) who have attended whenever we could get extra tickets for the last 10 years, each got students tickets with/from their friends who attended the U. They went to every game, not just the ESPN televised games. Its fine if the U wants to change their policy based on what's happening with football, but why hate on people who have, according to the rules the U set, attended and supported the team.

We'll see how many students show up for the preseason and I hope to be pleasantly surprised!

My bro in law is a grad student at the U and he bought 2 student season tickets. My only chance to go without spending a ton of $ is with these tickets. I'm the biggest Gophers fan there is! Don't check ID's please!!!

My bro in law is a grad student at the U and he bought 2 student season tickets. My only chance to go without spending a ton of $ is with these tickets. I'm the biggest Gophers fan there is! Don't check ID's please!!!

Exactly.

I'm not really sure why other people care who sits in the student section as long as they are gopher fans. where i don't go to the U i went to every game last year that was against a D-1 team and i cheered hard at all of them. i don't understand why it really matters as long as I'm not disrupting your game experience.

Are you paying tuition here? When I've used my four years of student section eligibility and graduate I will leave the student section for those who deserve it: underclassmen at the University.

Are you paying tuition here? When I've used my four years of student section eligibility and graduate I will leave the student section for those who deserve it: underclassmen at the University.

You can't get in without a student ticket obviously, so who cares if its a student or not? 99% chance they will be going just as crazy as a underclassmen...they know what they are getting into sitting in the student section.

You can't get in without a student ticket obviously, so who cares if its a student or not? 99% chance they will be going just as crazy as a underclassmen...they know what they are getting into sitting in the student section.

While that may be true, the fact remains that the student section is for students. Let them sit there while they go to the U. Assuming the student section is going to sell out due to our team's success, if I couldn't get tickets as a student because a non-student had someone buy for them I'd be pretty pissed off.

It's not whether you're as crazy as an underclassmen, its whether you have the right to buy them if you are not a student.

It's not whether you're as crazy as an underclassmen, its whether you have the right to buy them if you are not a student.

and last year the answer was yes, you were allowed to be a guest of a current U student. I understand why the U is changing the rule, i just don't understand the animosity that people have for fans that may not go to the U. and i don't buy that non-students could be taking away tickets from students, because the student section is almost never full

Only students who pay tuition should be allowed to get student tickets. It is only fair. If you are not a student, buy regular season tickets. How is the U suppose to make money off regular season tickets if they allow everyone to get student tickets for much cheaper.

I believe student tickets are limited to one set per student this year. That should help eliminate non-students in the student section, not that I ever thought it was that big of a deal in the past.

I believe student tickets are limited to one set per student this year. That should help eliminate non-students in the student section, not that I ever thought it was that big of a deal in the past.

not correct..my grad student brother in law bought 2 student season tickets.

Only students who pay tuition should be allowed to get student tickets. It is only fair. If you are not a student, buy regular season tickets. How is the U suppose to make money off regular season tickets if they allow everyone to get student tickets for much cheaper.

what if you only are able to go to a couple games every year and don't want to deal with scalpers and the redic prices of stubhub and what not? only students can actually buy student tickets, i dont think its that big of a deal if they let other gopher fans use one of their tickets once in awhile if they want someone to go with or are otherwise unable to attend a game.

last year i thought the student section was great and brought incredible energy...i would say 95% ATLEAST of it were actual students anyway...if you start checking ID's, it's gonna take forever to get into williams arena also

I watched Voshon, Winter, Jacobson, Jackson, Lewis, and James. I even watch Pryzbilla, Rickert, and Humphries. I cheered for the unknowns of the 2000s, even Hokenson. I was there when everybody was watching and nobody was watching. So just to let you know, it isn't YOUR student section. It is OUR student section. So if I feel like pulling out my old student ID and a gold shirt and decide to STAND in the student section, I am.

I watched Voshon, Winter, Jacobson, Jackson, Lewis, and James. I even watch Pryzbilla, Rickert, and Humphries. I cheered for the unknowns of the 2000s, even Hokenson. I was there when everybody was watching and nobody was watching. So just to let you know, it isn't YOUR student section. It is OUR student section. So if I feel like pulling out my old student ID and a gold shirt and decide to STAND in the student section, I am.

That's great for you. In 1997 i was in 3rd grade and i didn't steal your opportunity for student tickets. How about you man up and buy regular season tickets like everyone else.

BTW, it is OUR student section, the students who attend the school now. I watched on tv during the rough times too. Only someone so selfish would try to sit in a student section when they don't have the qualifications. It may have been ok to try to fill the section in the down years, but we don't need your "help" anymore.

I still don't understand what the big deal is with me sitting in the student section. If your a student you can buy a ticket, so go buy one. It's not like I'm stopping you from going to the game, and it's not like I'm making the barn a worse atmosphere. I think there are a lot of people like me who have been gopher bball fans for the better part of their life, and cant afford regular season tickets because they are young, so they took advantage of the fact that the U allowed a student to bring a guest. Now they are changing the policy and when someone asks about it they get told that they don't deserve to go to the games when, quite frankly, the diehard fans don't care who's around them as long as they are fans, and the people who do care that about wether i go to the U are the first to leave when the fair weather ends

That's great for you. In 1997 i was in 3rd grade and i didn't steal your opportunity for student tickets. How about you man up and buy regular season tickets like everyone else.

BTW, it is OUR student section, the students who attend the school now. I watched on tv during the rough times too. Only someone so selfish would try to sit in a student section when they don't have the qualifications. It may have been ok to try to fill the section in the down years, but we don't need your "help" anymore.

2 things: a selfish person doesn't share out of greed or self righteousness. So you are the selfish one. Second, who are you to say "we" when talking about the student section (see self righteous above) I'm not there to help you, I'm there to cheer on the team and hopefully watch a good basketball game.

If you are a Gopher basketball fan and are there to cheer, stand, wear gold, and STAY UNTIL THE END, you should be more than welcome to sit in the student section. Because by doing all that, you are better than 75% of the student section.

Oh, and also, I am a tuition and fee paying student and I already ordered my season tickets.

gorton, ur a dumb ignorant moron...your so damn clueless its retarded...gopher gold and moonlight are spot on...u=idiot

So why are you whining?

Not whining. I'm tellng you to stop being a dick, because you are making the students look bad. And when you go into this sh*tty job market and still want to go to games but can't afford it, you aren't going to want your fellow fans to tell you that you aren't welcome. So again, stop being a dick to Gopher fans on this forum and pick on people that really deserve it, like Badger fans.

I guess it really doesn't matter what anyone thinks because the marketing department and ticket office agree with me anyway.

Top Bottom