STrib Letter to Editor: Coach Kill we feel for you, but watch your language

maybe she needs to watch network tv shows, the language is far worde

strib

Coach Kill has suffered a major seizure and it appears it has affected some of his verbal skills. Let it go and hope that he can recover.

I just thankful stroke the post didn't didn't ping her radar last spring.

This woman sort of reminds me of that idiot fan profiled in the Star Tribune who could never be a Gopher fan in the past, because Glen Mason was too smug and arrogant, who now was on board in recent years, win or lose because he loved Tim Brewster.

Who was that clown again? I remember it being a really great source of hilarity.

Coach Kill has suffered a major seizure and it appears it has affected some of his verbal skills. Let it go and hope that he can recover.

When I first saw this, I thought you meant it was breaking news that another major seizure hit. I scrambled to the Strib website.

Um, Carol.....

Perhaps you were unaware, Carol, that the Fellowship of Christian Athletes named Coach Kill the Coach of the Year in 2010?
From the FCA website: “Coach Kill has been a consistent winner as a coach, husband, father, friend and cancer survivor. He has tremendous tenacity and resolution of will. And he has a firm grasp on his goals and develops young men and his coaching staff as well as anyone I have seen,” said Roger Lipe, Southern Illinois University chaplain and FCA representative.

What he says on the field in another matter entirely. As for public appearances, he is both a role model and representing a major university and it is not unreasonable for mothers to expect that he clean it up during public appearances. Having said that, I agree with this. To this point he had certainly has been more restrained with the press. So I do not doubt his current condition, coming off the seizures and having his meds tinkered with, had some bearing on his mood and his presentation. Or maybe he was finally out of the fog and losing to NMSU was sinking in. Either way, he gets a pass with me.

Damned be those who curse, swear, conjur, lie, and deceive by His Name. $hit, I am screwed for the afterlife.

This might be the most ignorant thing anyone has ever said. To "damn" something is a curse - it means to condemn it. It's the original curse word. Saying that damn isn't a swear word is like saying that red, blue, and yellow aren't colors.

Pretty dumb response. First off, I didn't say anything. The definition doesn't do a thing for your argument. If it did, then the word "condemn" would be a swear word. Is "hell" a swear word in your world? I had a science teacher who thought that "fart" was a swear word. Anyone who said it was going to pay for it in this life and the next. She was damn crazy.

Damned be those who curse, swear, conjur, lie, and deceive by His Name. $hit, I am screwed for the afterlife.

Keep a seat warm for me.

Hey, wait a minute! Where we're heading the seats are probably already warm.

You show me a coach that has never yelled profanity at his team, and I will show you a coach that isn't very good at his job. Even someone as well respected as coach K will lose it on his team every once and a while. When you are dealing with 18-23 year old young men you have to understand that if they have to pick between right and easy, easy will win every time.

Top Bottom