Stoudermire suspended

fuuuuuu.jpg

Wow...

Hopefully Brandon Green can see the field again now...

We won't miss him. He hasn't played worth a damn this year.

We will miss him on the field, but Green has been the mystery this year. Has he even been on the field except for a few punt returns.

We will miss him on the field, but Green has been the mystery this year. Has he even been on the field except for a few punt returns.

Nope...

I think Stoudamire was more athletically gifted but Green has the better hands...

Paging Hayo Carpenter.........

"conduct detrimental to the team." That's vague, but sounds severe. Curious as to what it is... team-based, not player-troubles?

WOW

Are we really surprised by this!

We won't miss him. He hasn't played worth a damn this year.

Agreed, a few nice KRs but not the game breaker people make him out to be. If he's not acting right, he's not being a team player.

Lots of room for players to be stepping up this year, nobody is blowing people away at any position.

This is one area where I admire Brewster - he has been strict on team policies.

Really? Ever ask yourself why his players keep getting in trouble? Off the field incidents seem to be increasing under Brewster's watch.

Really? Ever ask yourself why his players keep getting in trouble? Off the field incidents seem to be increasing under Brewster's watch.

...could have a bunch of kids with bad character?...but at least they seem to be getting discipline on that bad behavior.

Well we are still trailing FL in offenses. So that is something to be grateful for.

Not good...

Troy is one of Coach Brewster's original "finds" that has shown and demonstrated potential from day 1.

Whatever has happened I hope it can teach whatever is "teachable" from the incident without damaging the team any more than necessary to uphold the applicable standards.

No one is saying "Go Troy!" more than me on kickoff returns.

Absent any more facts, not much more to say. Still, very unfortunate turn.

Good luck to Troy, Brewster, and the Team in sorting whatever this is out, processing the act and required disciplinary action, and moving on...or so I hope.

Go Gophers! Beat NIU!

I would've liked to have him used more offensively this season otherwise they should've move him back to corner that seems to be a real weakness as well. Hopefully we see him back this year we aren't deep enough to lose his kind of talent.

Who said anything about getting in trouble? Conduct detrimental to the team could be a variety of things. He could have told a coach to f-off, he might have been reading this board and told Weber that "everyone" thinks he is a worthless POS, and said it in front of the entire team.

cncmin's admiration of Brewster's strict enforcement of team rules has nothing to do with the so called "increasing" off field incidents.

There may be several reasons for the so called increase in offenses.

To start with many minor incidents go unpunished by several coaching staffs. After all the coach is there to win football games and punishing a player that contributes to your team's success may in the long run cost that coach their job or keep a team from their predicted success this can often times lead coaches to bending or stretching of team rules or even finding creative ways to circumvent the true nature of the rules(Example: UNC's ridiculous "rolling" suspensions).

So that begs the question: Are there more punishable offenses occurring more often under Brewster's watch or are these "punishable" offenses being punished more often.

Many times the only way the public learns of an infraction is if it is announced by the coach. So the increased suspensions could be a result of Brewster more strictly punishing players that break the team rules than the previous administration.

Furthermore, another reason for "increasingly" public incidents is the increased media scrutiny of the program due to the hype Brewster created after his hiring. The media is becoming increasingly interested in seeing Brewster fail and in turn reporting more incidents by the players (Tinsley, Maresh, Theret, etc.). After the bold statements made by Brewster when he was hired, the writers (i.e. Souhan and Reusse or any writer at the STrib for that matter) in the MSP area were waiting for Brewster to fail and the reporting of player incidents may simply be a manifestation of that.

There was a lack of hype around the program when Mason was the coach so some player breaking team rules was not news worthy. The obvious exception to this is if a star player during the Mason regime such as Barber or Maroney were to break team rules.

On the other hand, it is possible that off the field incidence have occurred at an increased frequency during Brewster's tenure. If that is the case, that is more than likely the result of Brewster having to take chances on upper level talent that comes with a certain level of baggage. After all Brewster is attempting to build a program that has been on the bottom for sometime. There isnt a large quantity ofs queaky clean, sure fire 4 and 5 star recruits jumping at the opportunity to join the Gopher football team at this point.

I'm not saying either of these two options is the case.

Bottomline, Brewster is punishing players that break team rules regardless of their importance to the team and that is admirable considering the shaky conditions of his employment following the terrible loss to USD.

In the he said she said world....my stepbrother goes to the "U", and is friends with a few of the football players. He told me that Stoudermire is probably leaving minnesota.

In the he said she said world....my stepbrother goes to the "U", and is friends with a few of the football players. He told me that Stoudermire is probably leaving minnesota.

If true, I am sure it is just Stoudermire pouting because he is being punished. He'll get over it. Or do you mean he might be kicked out?

no....he's just pouting. His facebook status says "Troy Stoudermire is leaving Minnesota and taking his talents to a D1 school that appreciates what he has to offer"

Doogie just tweeted that Troy has reportedly quit the team.

BREW COLLAPSE 2010.

I re-tweeted my friend Matt O'Connell of GI... I am not taking credit for that report... simply re-tweeted.

Top Bottom