Statement from University of Minnesota Athletics

Yeah. That was bizarre. In this case, what did folks expect, a link to the video in the press release? Unless this becomes a police matter, I would expect this to be the last the U says about it, whether the suspensions are longer or not.

Agreed. Unless anyone is ultimately removed from the team.

New York Post is on it now. As is Fox9. Common and Rosie just addressed it a little.

Fox9 online article cited deadspin which cited us.

New York Post actually cited us and the thread that started it saying
"According to information drudged up by a message board of the team’s fans, Dorsey posted two videos to Twitter on Friday of himself and another person having sex with a woman. The identities of the other parties were unclear."

and
"The alleged content of the videos was explicitly explained on the GopherHole message board."

So as of now the only facts they have come from us.

Fox9 online article cited deadspin which cited us. New York Post actually cited us and the thread that started it saying "According to information drudged up by a message board of the team’s fans, Dorsey posted two videos to Twitter on Friday of himself and another person having sex with a woman. The identities of the other parties were unclear." So as of now the only facts they have come from us.

I want a royalty check for contributing to these threads.

My I suggest to gopher lady that new members be screened for a couple days.... Trolls gonna be coming strong if this gets dirty.

Tweet from AP basketball writer Jon Krawczynski - " To this point ,none of the 3 Gophers suspended for the video on Dorsey's social media accounts are facing criminal investigations."

"According to information drudged up by a message board of the team’s fans, Dorsey posted two videos to Twitter on Friday of himself and another person having sex with a woman. The identities of the other parties were unclear."

and
"The alleged content of the videos was explicitly explained on the GopherHole message board."

Wow that's pretty shoddy reporting of the New York post to use an anonymous fan board with no material evidence as a source of details.

Wolfson has been awfully quiet throughout this, as I see him as the only media outlet and reputable individual who can verify anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you were an opposing BIG basketball fan, what would your sign read that you hold up the next time the Gophers visit your arena? (maybe we should make this in to a poll)

Yeah. That was bizarre. In this case, what did folks expect, a link to the video in the press release?

Unless this becomes a police matter, I would expect this to be the last the U says about it, whether the suspensions are longer or not.

You're right, of course, I was basically just making a joke about how immediately the texts came out after the press conference in that situation.

If you were an opposing BIG basketball fan, what would your sign read that you hold up the next time the Gophers visit your arena? (maybe we should make this in to a poll)

Just a big picture of the Eiffel Tower.

The end goal or game for the U Staff in the AD or not is to protect the U from any further loss of reputation than that was caused by the former AD.
That goal most likely would be reached by showing what high standards the U has for the whole AD and student athletes is by meting out harsh punishment to the students.
Whatever that might be.
Bring out your dead.

"Dorsey for 3!"

I'll come up with better ones. I like the Eiffel tower sign idea better actually.

How about a picture of Goldy and Fairchild each holding a big old Minnesota State Fair Corn Dog?

Tweet from AP basketball writer Jon Krawczynski - " To this point ,none of the 3 Gophers suspended for the video on Dorsey's social media accounts are facing criminal investigations."

My ray of hope!

and

Well, so much for journalistic integrity.

Let's see what else we can get started...

Just my opinion that all 3 will be gone. I will not judge that what they did was wrong as it may have been consensual. However, it is poor judgement if your a basketball player responsible to standards of conduct your school and coach has for you.

Just my opinion that all 3 will be gone. I will not judge that what they did was wrong as it may have been consensual. However, it is poor judgement if your a basketball player responsible to standards of conduct your school and coach has for you.

Based on UofM history you are most likely correct. Based on Maryland history you are most likely looking at the three main guards for them in 2 years.

I don't think I can say that yet. Two things we don't know for sure that probably will dictate what happens. (not breaking any ground here)

a) what do the women say in this situation -- I'm guessing they were probably complicit in it
b) how did it get posted -- I'm guessing Dorsey probably knowingly posted

In that scenario, I think Dorsey leaves "to pursue other opportunities" and Mason/McBrayer remain on the team.

What time does the coach Pitino show come on

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

threewaystreet.gif

No idea what the end goal is for the staff, but all three of these guys will have high major programs ready to welcome them to their program. If the end game includes being OK losing one or more of these guys, then that strategy works. If they don't want to lose any of those three, then that strategy can backfire big time.

Go Gophers!!

Spot on. Other teams would take Mason and McBrayer in a heartbeat. Perhaps Dorsey as well.

We are in MN and the U is always holy.

Lol.

None of us in this thread want to see our players in trouble, yet we are the smoking gun, the one and only source at the moment as to what may or may not happened.

Irony.

We're the only source!!!!!

The new rumor is that the video did not contain any members of the Gopher team. It contained several Wisconsin Badger basketball and football players taking turns on road kill.

Top Bottom