Speculation on who is joining which conference

I didn't say "now". Where are you getting that $50 million figure? Current projections for payouts have ACC schools getting roughly $30M, about 54% of what B1G/SEC schools get. That gap is going to only grow, quickly.
I made it up, no denying.

Based on this reasoning:
- ND joining the ACC would boost TV, just like USC/UCLA for the Big Ten
- let’s say they also add Cincy or West Virginia to get to an even 16, I assume would help like UCLA
- it’s tough for me to see how the current 14 Big Ten “only” get $50M but then adding just two schools jumps it up to $100M, unless there are other factors at play than just adding 2 more schools. So, I’m giving the ACC + ND (& WV or Cincy) some of that factor as well

Therefore, I guess $50M

Seems like what I am hearing the most, now that dust has settled -- at least for the Big Ten -- is that Notre Dame is saying "not yet". They're going to see what happens.

If no ND, then I think the Big Ten stays with 16. It's still two years before USC and UCLA even join the conference. A lot can happen in that time.

Now the fireworks will be at the "lower" levels, rippling on down.

B12 looks to add Az/ASU/Utah/Colo/Wash/Ore that feels like a death blow to Ore St and Wazzu. On the other side Cal and Stanford feel like logical options to add to the B10 now. Keep some natural rivalries, prestigious academic schools, lot of money, (natural rival of Notre dame already....)

B12 will take 6 teams from Pac12. Oregon and Wash won't want to but will have no choice. WSU and OSU will be left hanging. Stanford and Cal would only want to join B1G but absent that may quit football and join some conference (maybe B1G) for their other sports. B1G absent ND will wait for UNC and GT to become available.

It's hard for me to believe that those six PAC schools wouldn't get more money per year per school by just staying in the PAC with the 10 remaining schools and dividing the remaining value less ways. Or if those four leave for the Big 12, look at adding some from the Mountain West.

They're really going to go with an 18 team conference, and share their money with Cincinnati and South Florida? Washington is going to send Olympic sports to Orlando?

Feels like a mistake to let Oregon and Washington go to the Big 12...

It would have been one thing if it was the 8 remaining Big XII schools (not including Texas and OU) combining with AZ, ASU, Utah, and CU to get back to 12. That probably be a done deal.

But they (Big XII) already extended themselves to Cincinnati, BYU, Houston, and South Florida. They can't take that back.

Makes probably very little sense to split whatever the value would be of that 12 + the PAC 4, 16 ways, or + the PAC 6, 18 ways.

Hence why the latest "talker" is that the remaining 10 PAC schools plus the existing ACC are talking some kind of "loose" partnership with a "championship game" in Vegas. Would be interesting if the NCAA allows two conferences to hold a championship, under the same rules as a conference championship game.

Seems like what I am hearing the most, now that dust has settled -- at least for the Big Ten -- is that Notre Dame is saying "not yet". They're going to see what happens.

If no ND, then I think the Big Ten stays with 16. It's still two years before USC and UCLA even join the conference. A lot can happen in that time.

Now the fireworks will be at the "lower" levels, rippling on down.
Really? Not what I've been reading. The few articles saying that all seem to lead back to Pat Forde.

Top Bottom