Sources: Gophers tight end Maxx Williams intends to turn pro

I hope Maxx finds cause to stay, but certainly would not begrudge him for leaving. If he does, Duke is ready and will not disappoint. And he deserves as much a chance to crack the lineup from the get go as anyone else following his redshirt freshman season ensuing medical redshirt.

I warned everyone after last year that if Maxx has another season like his R-Fr year, he would be gone.

i think he is gone but i hope he continues to work hard.

his blocking needs a lot of help. going against NFL'ers is a lot different than what he has aces in two years as a gopher. i hope he is prepared to fail before he sees stardom. NFL'ers are a lot different than what he has seen (3 years out of minnesota high school).
I hope he can pick up those tricky NFL offenses as it is not the same in the NFL.

Has he played special teams? depending on where he lands in the NFL he will most likely spend a bunch of time on ST's

I hope his father and mother are grounded enough to give him some good advice. whichever way he decides he will always be a gopher and we will cheer him on.

If he's truly a first round draft pick (or even a second), he should go. The guaranteed money is too hard to pass up and why risk injury.

Top Bottom