Source - Gophers/Alcorn State game has been cancelled...

GopherLady

Reaction score
tonight due to members of the Alcorn State team testing positive for Covid. Perfect timing, as I was just about to order BTN+. Gotta keep our 10-1 team safe!

It's official - U of MN press release ->
MINNEAPOLIS - Tonight's University of Minnesota men's basketball game has been canceled due to COVID-19 health and safety protocols within the Alcorn State program. The game will not be rescheduled.

Minnesota is scheduled to start Big Ten Conference play Jan. 2 against Illinois Game time is set for 5 p.m., and will be televised on Big Ten Network.

Tickets for the game can be exchanged for upcoming Men's Basketball games against Rutgers (1/22), Penn State (2/12), Northwestern (2/19), or Indiana (2/27) in zone 3 or 4 at Williams Arena. Individuals are encouraged to reach out to the Gopher Athletics Ticket Office at 1-800-U-GOPHER or [email protected].

MINNEAPOLIS - Tonight's University of Minnesota men's basketball game has been canceled due to COVID-19 health and safety protocols within the Alcorn State program. The game will not be rescheduled.

Minnesota is scheduled to start Big Ten Conference play Jan. 2 against Illinois Game time is set for 5 p.m., and will be televised on Big Ten Network.

Tickets for the game can be exchanged for upcoming Men's Basketball games against Rutgers (1/22), Penn State (2/12), Northwestern (2/19), or Indiana (2/27) in zone 3 or 4 at Williams Arena. Individuals are encouraged to reach out to the Gopher Athletics Ticket Office at 1-800-U-GOPHER or [email protected].
I love the avatar GL. Thanks for the 411.

If it get's down to it in Feb or Mar as far as an At Large bid, I wonder if they will seek out a nonConf opponent with a decent Net to help out.

Bummer....rallied a group of friends to go too

Makes me feel a little better. I was planning to watch it on BTN+ tonight so that I could watch the Alamo Bowl.

Would have been nice to get a game in prior to the Illini (assuming that takes place) to shake off a little rust, plus get some run for the bench.

Bright side, 1 less chance for injury to an already thin rotation.

I dont think the game itself would matter long term for our tournament hopes (heck it might help our SOS/NET) but personally I think that number of wins still matters to some of those on the committee. If we ended up with say 19 wins I think that just hurts the optics. Does 1 more win vs alcorn st actually matter, no it doesnt, but again i do not buy for a second the people on that committee dont look at just raw numbers. Historically if you get 20 wins and are in the b10 just punch that ticket. I hope that doesnt end up being the case but thats my only concern with not playing tonight. Well I guess that and having a long pause going into B1G but that is what it is.

As a season-ticket holder I don’t like the sound of this press release. I would assume season-ticket holders will get a (pro-rated) refund for the game, if they choose not to get tickets for those other games? When my wife doesn’t go I have a hard enough time finding anyone who wants to use my extra.

As a season-ticket holder I don’t like the sound of this press release. I would assume season-ticket holders will get a (pro-rated) refund for the game, if they choose not to get tickets for those other games? When my wife doesn’t go I have a hard enough time finding anyone who wants to use my extra.

If it's just the one game....I'm not too concerned. If this ends up happening to some conference games....I'd like to think they'd offer some sort of refund or a credit towards next years tickets. Especially since we had zero good noncon games at the Barn this year.

Whew! Glad I bought my Rutgers tickets before the big rush! Even so, the only tickets for four people were nosebleeds. How many from the Alcorn St game will find good seats?
A buddy who is a Rutgers Alum moved here this summer so I got tickets for him. Here's to hoping the local team does well.

Kind of amazing that they make it this long with no cancellations and one reschedule. Luck had run out eventually I guess.

Last edited:

I'm all dressed up and nowhere to go!
Was halfway out the door for a Surly pre-game. Now I’m sitting by the fire sipping whiskey and pouting. Could be worse I guess, but hope this doesn’t recur often.

I’m curious how payment between the schools works when these buy games are canceled.

Damn, after the wolves terrible shooting last night was hoping to see some positive ball tonight.

Kind of amazing that they makse it this long with no cancelations and one reschesikes fans. Luck had run out eventually I guess.
"reschesikes" Huh? My spell check said this should be capitalized.

Top Bottom