SOUND OFF!!! Post Game Thread!! Gophers Dominate 2nd Half, Beat Huskers Again!

I agree. I think AK’s added dimensions probably would have gotten us by Purdue. We probably weren’t beating IL, even if AK played, because our WR play in tough man coverage just wasn’t good enough. We really need to improve in the WR dep’t next year, because we have a QB with the arm and we won’t have Mo to lean on.
The receivers get open with a 6’4” dual threat versus a six foot no threat.

I agree with you but PJ did not adjust and bring in a better QB. The only reason AK went in is because Tanner was hurt. Unless PJ used a play where Tanner looked like he was hurt to change QB’s, but I doubt the latter.
That is sad. With Morgan in for the entire game, Nebraska would have won. He should have been pulled from some earlier games, too - Purdue and Illinois. Athan should start next week.

Made it back to the hotel for the night. Down 10-0 at the half had me considering my sanity for making the drive to the game. Thankfully it's a game of two halves and we take the win back home. Highly recommend making the trip to Lincoln, lots of fun, and there is nothing quite like witnessing a road victory!

Browsing through youtube for Gopher Football content, ran across Mickey Joseph's post game. That guy sounds like someone I want to succeed. Complimentary, not arrogant like the dipshit before him. He would be a guy that makes me not hate Nerdbraska as much if he becomes their head coach next year. The hoodie hater made it easy to hate. Either way, I hope he gets a good job moving forward.

First half had me worried, had the feeling that the offense would never get going. Fortunately, that second half happened. Looks like the quarterback change really helped. It's too bad Morgan's career is likely going to end like it is but if Athan can spark the offense like he did today then it will be the right move.

Morgan will finish his career regardless in the top two when it comes to yards, touchdowns and wins, including three bowl victories. Not a bad resume at all.

Mo continues to be a great running back. his play the last few years have kind of reminded me of the 2013-2014 seasons for David Cobb, being a workhorse type back who can get the majority of the job done on offense.

Defense remains really great. In all of the wins the defense hasn't allowed more than 13 points, and that was nearly the case in the Purdue game, too, had it not been for that late score.

As for the 4th down call, I can see both arguments. Overall I'm fine with the call just based on the play of the defense.

• I love PJ Fleck but the game management in the last 6 minutes was criminal. This is a glaring weak spot for him. I advised last year, tongue in cheek, that he hire a "game day" consultant to handle clock management and what to do during crucial game times. I am no longer "tongue in cheek" about this.
  • AK's physical tools are notably better than Morgan's. I mean it was black and white and I am not sure why it took so long to make this change. They had to see this in practice. I am sure Tanner is popular in the locker room, but players want to WIN more than anything.
  • Mo Ibrahim is not only physically gifted and has a heart of a lion, but he is the smartest RB I have ever seen wearing Maroon and Gold. His vision is second to none as well. What a treat to watch him working with the O-line in the second half. Would love to be a fly-on-the wall in that film room reviewing that half.
  • Get Dylan Wright more involved.

Top Bottom