SOUND OFF!!! Post Game Thread!! Gophers Dominate 2nd Half, Beat Huskers Again!

Without AK8 coming in the game, the Gophers do not win that football game it is that simple. The team had zero life and zero movent up front until this change. At this point it is time to turn the page and go with 4he more talented kid. Fleck needs to have one of them tough connversations with himself.

This can still be a good season. They can win 9 regular season games, 2 trophies, and go to a really good bowl game.

I know it sucks that the Gophers pissed their pants against Purdue, but Illinois and Penn St., were going to be losses regardless.

Let's finish strong, own some trophies, and get a good bowl game.

Without AK8 coming in the game, the Gophers do not win that football game it is that simple. The team had zero life and zero movent up front until this change. At this point it is time to turn the page and go with 4he more talented kid. Fleck needs to have one of them tough connversations with himself.
I think he will.

F09AD92ILO0M5KJ.jpg

While I complained about it to myself, it was the right call
Yeah defense has been our best half of the team. Should not shy away from giving them the best position…. DO NOT want to give Neb a 4 th down stop type motivation.

Great second half.

That overturn on the spot was ridiculous
Anyone got that video?

Trying to make some sense of it. The best I can come up with, last time I saw it, his butt might have touched before the ball reached the 48. Otherwise, I’m at a loss

Amazing turnaround after AK got into the game. The whole team looked different and more focused. It went from a blah game to watch to an exciting game. Everyone was playing better.

Anyone got that video?

Trying to make some sense of it. The best I can come up with, last time I saw it, his butt might have touched before the ball reached the 48. Otherwise, I’m at a loss
He was on top of the Tackling defender then leaned back to reach the first down.. it’s was a bad overturn.

If you gain a half-yard, Neb never gets the ball back with a chance to send the game into OT or win it with a TD and 2-pt conversion. Play to win. Fleck plays not to lose. There is a difference.
Bingo. If only we had the best center in the country and could sneak for 2 yards on demand, oh wait…

If you gain a half-yard, Neb never gets the ball back with a chance to send the game into OT or win it with a TD and 2-pt conversion. Play to win. Fleck plays not to lose. There is a difference.
Where were you in the past when PJ went on 4th down inside of his own 50 and they failed to convert.

True, but the Gophers didn't lose. So it worked.

Well executed punt to the 10, helped the cause. A touchback there would have ate me up.

Hell of a comeback. But man I am bummed about that punt.
Why? It worked. Perfectly.

Amazing turnaround after AK got into the game. The whole team looked different and more focused. It went from a blah game to watch to an exciting game. Everyone was playing better.
The team knows damn well that PJ isn’t playing some of the kids who are better than his boys and it hurts us. 2 is the most obvious who needed to ride pine and I’m not surprised they came out energized with 8 at the helm. 22 and 77 need to grab some bench the next guy up has to be better than both almost by definition.

I’m happy to admit I was wrong about the Gophers not going bowling.

I didn’t see the game, but I 100% agree with punting it on 4th down late. Making them go 90 instead of 40 is the correct call. The defense played well the second half from what I read, so you have that going for you too. Not to mention that with only 40 yards you can slow down, etc. versus having to rush and stress to go 90 which can cause mistakes.

Finally, if you don’t get it and they score, everyone would ask why didn’t they punt.

I’m happy to admit I was wrong about the Gophers not going bowling.

I didn’t see the game, but I 100% agree with punting it on 4th down late. Making them go 90 instead of 40 is the correct call. The defense played well the second half from what I read, so you have that going for you too. Not to mention that with only 40 yards you can slow down, etc. versus having to rush and stress to go 90 which can cause mistakes.

Finally, if you don’t get it and they score, everyone would ask why didn’t they punt.
I was OK with the punt but loved the drama of Mo calling out PJ. PJ needs all the help he can get. So blessed to have the privilege of watching Mo play he’s such a gamer.

Heart: “Put Mo in, put Mo in to get the yard! We can end this now!!!”

Gut: “Oh my God, if we give them the ball back, we’ll lose! I just know it.”

Brain: “NB has its third quarterback, they have no timeouts, our D is dominating, a field goal gets them nothing, and 90 yards is a long way to go without a mistake. Meanwhile, 1 yard is harder in this situation than it seems and failure gives them the ball, the crowd, and only 40 yards to go.”

It’s time to punt.

Bingo. If only we had the best center in the country and could sneak for 2 yards on demand, oh wait…
Not sure if you missed it, but on the first down of the series Mo ran for... no gain...

More importantly, the Gophers defense has given up 1 TD in their last 8 quarters of football. Not trusting them to stop a 3rd string QB (on a 3-5 team) from going 90 yards in 2 minutes would be the epitome of "playing scared."

Your decision to run is coming from a position of weakness and anxiety. Panicking because you feel your back against the ropes is literally the definition of playing scared.

Stay mad, brother.

Top Bottom