SOUND OFF!!! Post Game Thread!! Gophers Dominate 2nd Half, Beat Huskers Again!

Not sure if you missed it, but on the first down of the series Mo ran for... no gain...

More importantly, the Gophers defense has given up 1 TD in their last 8 quarters of football. Not trusting them to stop a 3rd string QB (on a 3-5 team) from going 90 yards in 2 minutes would be the epitome of "playing scared."

Your decision to run is coming from a position of weakness and anxiety. Panicking because you feel your back against the ropes is literally the definition of playing scared.

Stay mad, brother.
Not sure you actually read my post chief.

Entire game ruined by that chickenshit punt
Actually, the victory was ICED by that highly intelligent punt. Why potentially give Nebraska the ball at midfield in a one score game? Nebraska already had several TFLs in the game (7 or 8). TJ played the correct odds. Guess the riverboat gamblers will be disappointed. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:

Heart: “Put Mo in, put Mo in to get the yard! We can end this now!!!”

Gut: “Oh my God, if we give them the ball back, we’ll lose! I just know it.”

Brain: “NB has its third quarterback, they have no timeouts, our D is dominating, a field goal gets them nothing, and 90 yards is a long way to go without a mistake. Meanwhile, 1 yard is harder in this situation than it seems and failure gives them the ball, the crowd, and only 40 yards to go.”

It’s time to punt.
Brain. Correct.

The most satisfying win and most important game of the year because we got knocked down hard, got up, and rallied to win. We also got our QB of the future his first win. He'll get better and more confident from here.
We also got a big monkey off our back. First PJ win as a Gopher in a game in which we had fallen behind by ten points.

Fleck came back to win for once, and he adjusted by bringing in a better QB. They scored 20 points after the change.

I loved it, and now we have some hope of winning some trophies.
I agree with you but PJ did not adjust and bring in a better QB. The only reason AK went in is because Tanner was hurt. Unless PJ used a play where Tanner looked like he was hurt to change QB’s, but I doubt the latter.

Actually, the victory was ICED by that highly intelligent punt. Why potentially give Nebraska the ball at midfield in a one score game? Nebraska had several TFLs in the game. TJ played the correct odds. Guess the riverboat gamblers will be disappointed. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I agreed with punt even tough my heart wanted to go for it. Crawford is a great punter.

Purdue, yes.

Illinois, no
I agree. I think AK’s added dimensions probably would have gotten us by Purdue. We probably weren’t beating IL, even if AK played, because our WR play in tough man coverage just wasn’t good enough. We really need to improve in the WR dep’t next year, because we have a QB with the arm and we won’t have Mo to lean on.

I agree. I think AK’s added dimensions probably would have gotten us by Purdue. We probably weren’t beating IL, even if AK played, because our WR play in tough man coverage just wasn’t good enough. We really need to improve in the WR dep’t next year, because we have a QB with the arm and we won’t have Mo to lean on.
AK actually did play against the Illini and the results weren't good. Granted short notice and 4th Q.

I don't think if he played earlier that it would have changed the outcome in Champaign.

I agreed with punt even tough my heart wanted to go for it. Crawford is a great punter.
Crawford isn’t exactly a long punter, but he has been effective at pinning teams deep in their own territory. Which he did well on this key punt.

same story next week. If Tanner is cleared by the Medical staff, he starts.

PJ does not make changes in the starting lineup until he is forced to.

if it was performance-based, MBS would not be starting at WR.

I don't know PJ can ignore second half

The team knows damn well that PJ isn’t playing some of the kids who are better than his boys and it hurts us. 2 is the most obvious who needed to ride pine and I’m not surprised they came out energized with 8 at the helm. 22 and 77 need to grab some bench the next guy up has to be better than both almost by definition.
Remind me who 77 is…and agree that 22 should take a seat.

Well, I hope you're wrong. MBS is a little different. Fleck didn't replace him in the second half with someone who clearly was better.

it was definitely a tale of two halves. AK was the spark today. Game turned on his ability to stretch the field with his arm. Jackson had a nice day. Mo was Mo! Trickett made a couple of big kicks. Great to see Wright make a couple of big catches. D made adjustments after a tough start. The refs overturning the spot at the end was complete BS! Let’s win Northwestern championship week!

Top Bottom