So something is up with Mbwakwe...

Tubbyapolis

Reaction score
So something is up with Mbakwe...

Change in his legal status resulted in him not being on the sideline tonight...more to come.

How do you know it was a "change in his legal status" and not a Thursday night class or something of that variety?

Myron tweeted that Tubby was the one who referenced the change in legal status.

Update: Marcus has tweeted essentially the same thing.

my suggestion: how about no more cryptic posts when we are talking about people's personal lives and/or personal legal situations? someone knows something concrete about a player or a coach....fine let's hear it. they don't? well, then it is just more speculative junk. personally, i don't care if it came from an obscure tweet, a facebook, a myspace, a carrier pigeon, or some other stupid social media site.

we have seen first-hand what happens on GH with cryptic and speculative posts involving people's personal matters and/or personal legal situations......basically there are a good number of haters & trolls on GH who literally trip over themselves to "add fuel to the fire". it is often unfair to the person involved and usually GH turns into a sh!t show.

just my two cents. i will now step back and watch the show begin.

Interesting, we just can't keep let these distractions rest.

I wasnt trying to be cryptic...its all thats been reported and came directly from Tubby. What else would you have liked me to say?

Bronko,

You don't want people to talk about what Tubby talks about now, huh?

Whatever.

This isn't rumor or speculation. Unless, of course, you don't believe the head coach.

Not surprising given that he faces felony charges. How do you ban Royce from sidelines when his charges are only misdemeanor charges. Tubby has to be consistent in doling out punishment. As a bb fan, I want to see both play but I support the bans until they resolve their pending criminal matters.

Could Mbakwe and the prosecutor have reached a plea bargain? Perhaps Mbakwe will agree to plead guilty to misdemeanor pimp slapping.

my suggestion: no more posts from bronkonagurskigopher.

Grrrr

my suggestion: how about no more cryptic posts when we are talking about people's personal lives and/or personal legal situations? someone knows something concrete about a player or a coach....fine let's hear it. they don't? well, then it is just more speculative junk. personally, i don't care if it came from an obscure tweet, a facebook, a myspace, a carrier pigeon, or some other stupid social media site.

we have seen first-hand what happens on GH with cryptic and speculative posts involving people's personal matters and/or personal legal situations......basically there are a good number of haters & trolls on GH who literally trip over themselves to "add fuel to the fire". it is often unfair to the person involved and usually GH turns into a sh!t show.

just my two cents. i will now step back and watch the show begin.

Could you please stop jumping down the throat of everyone whose post you take umbrage with? Your pontificating is annoying to the point of distraction. Stop it or tell us where you live so we can come over and take your keyboard away, you self righteous tool.

My hunch is a plea wouldn't do Trevor any good; seems to me he either needs to be found not guilty or the charges must be entirely dropped. A plea basically means he'd be admitting some guilt, doesn't it? Not to mention, it would show he had been less than truthful about the incident with the school, his AD and his head coach? I hope that's not the case.

So who said their is a change in legal status? Twitter is blocked at work...

how can there possibly have been a change in his "legal status"? either the charges were dropped, or he was convicted. those are the only two scenarios in which i could imagine his legal status changing (and if the charges were dropped, then why would that keep him from the bench?)

how can there possibly have been a change in his "legal status"? either the charges were dropped, or he was convicted. those are the only two scenarios in which i could imagine his legal status changing (and if the charges were dropped, then why would that keep him from the bench?)

That's my thought too. There's no way he was convicted of anything in the last 24 hours unless he suddenly pled guilty which seems quite unlikely. My best guess at this point is that Tubby is being loose with the term 'legal status.'

My hunch is that some higher ups at the U have lobbied Maturi to force Trevor into the same status as Royce, i.e. he can no longer practice or be at the games until this is resolved. I think this would be most unfortunate both for Trevor and the team. He would essentially be being punished for all of the other crap that's been flying around at the U and nothing he did wrong. And I assume having him in practice to 'bang' against can do nothing but help DJ and Carter, etc. The only other possibility is that he's leaving the team voluntarily and Tubby is again terming that a change in 'legal status.'

That's my thought too. There's no way he was convicted of anything in the last 24 hours unless he suddenly pled guilty which seems quite unlikely. My best guess at this point is that Tubby is being loose with the term 'legal status.'

My hunch is that some higher ups at the U have lobbied Maturi to force Trevor into the same status as Royce, i.e. he can no longer practice or be at the games until this is resolved. I think this would be most unfortunate both for Trevor and the team. He would essentially be being punished for all of the other crap that's been flying around at the U and nothing he did wrong. And I assume having him in practice to 'bang' against can do nothing but help DJ and Carter, etc. The only other possibility is that he's leaving the team voluntarily and Tubby is again terming that a change in 'legal status.'

Does anyone know if Trevor is not allowed to practice? It sounded like he was just explaining why Trevor wasn't on the bench.

I know Tubby has reasons for everything - but in my opinion, if there's any chance either of these players get to play this season, I know I want them practicing.

While it's unlikely that any technical "change in legal status" occurred, in layman speak that could mean a lot of things.

It could mean someone's depo was taken and damning information came out or his alibi became a lot weaker.

Or as others have pointed out, it could mean that the administration (or Tubby) decided he shouldn't be seen on the bench when Royce has been banished. I would disagree with that decision. The two situations seem very different.

Myron has been getting quotes from a spokesperson at the D.A.'s office in Miami. If there's any new information I would look to him to break the story.

Actually, I would appreciate it if he would update his Twitter about it.

Tubby could have just meant that he is away dealing with his legal status. Anybody know if Trevor is in Florida?

Trevor is probably in Florida.

From that Miami Dade court thing-

DEPOSITION OF: VICTORIA MARTIN

Victoria Martin, from Myron's article.

The woman told police to contact Victoria Martin, a woman she believed lived with Mbakwe. Martin told police that she lives with her boyfriend and Mbakwe in the same apartment complex where the woman said she was assaulted.

The Miami Dade basketball team’s party on the night of the assault occurred in a nearby apartment, Martin said. Martin said Mbakwe attended the party and left around 1 a.m. Martin said Mbakwe “never came back that night” (report doesn't explain whether Martin's referring to Mbakwe failing to return to the party or their apartment). The following morning, Martin’s boyfriend, Darnell Dodson, told her that Mbakwe told him that he was going back to Minnesota.

An officer went to Mbakwe’s apartment after talking to Martin, but no one answered.

April 9

Martin told police that Mbakwe had “removed all of his personal belongings and vacated the apartment.” She also said Mbakwe hadn’t attended any classes since the assault occurred.

Tubby could have just meant that he is away dealing with his legal status. Anybody know if Trevor is in Florida?

That's kind of how I read the tweets. It'd be nice if either reporter elaborated even slightly on it but the PiPress tweet seemed to be hinting at what you are saying: "Trevor Mbakwe was not on the bench during Thursday's game. Smith said he was dealing with a situation that changed in his legal case in Fla."

Depending on who "he" is in the second sentence this could be taken either way though.

It seems Martin is the key to Trevor's alibi.

Top Bottom