Single Game Ticket Prices - Ohio St

I'm in the process of counting the number of seats left at the moment. By hand, because that's what my brain decided to focus on at the moment. I'll give the updated count when I'm done.

Didn't someone automate this last year? Does their script still work?

I haven't seen any reason to think NOT.

But considering the tickets are awarded pretty late... there might be a delay when you can transfer an actual ticket.
Well, I did it. Bought the Gopher Pass. When I saw how much just the Ohio State game was gonna cost, I decided to buy the Gopher Pass instead.

So when the eventual pissing matches on here happen about how season ticket holders are better human beings than everyone else, can I claim to be a season ticket holder? I wasn't sure how that worked with the Gopher Pass.

Well, I did it. Bought the Gopher Pass. When I saw how much just the Ohio State game was gonna cost, I decided to buy the Gopher Pass instead.

So when the eventual pissing matches on here happen about how season ticket holders are better human beings than everyone else, can I claim to be a season ticket holder? I wasn't sure how that worked with the Gopher Pass.
You can indeed claim to be better than the unwashed non season ticket holders!

Not more equal than some of us, but more equal than many others for sure.

I'm in the process of counting the number of seats left at the moment. By hand, because that's what my brain decided to focus on at the moment. I'll give the updated count when I'm done.

Didn't someone automate this last year? Does their script still work?
I didn't do it but i'll peek at it later tonight.

Might be as simple as peeking at the response to the api request(s).

Alright this was my count:

Upper Deck: ~2,860 seats left
Lower Deck: ~92 seats left (mostly single seats)
Total: 2,952 seats left

Now, I'm sure there are seats on here that are "Unavailable" because they haven't been released yet. We've seen in the past with the Penn State and Wisconsin games in 2019 that they don't release every seat right away. However, this does seem to indicate we are well on our way to a sell out for the OSU game.

I didn't do it but i'll peek at it later tonight.

Might be as simple as peeking at the response to the api request(s).
I'm a Software Engineer, but have no experience with Web coding, otherwise I'd try to automate it myself, lol.

Alright this was my count:

Upper Deck: ~2,860 seats left
Lower Deck: ~92 seats left (mostly single seats)
Total: 2,952 seats left

Now, I'm sure there are seats on here that are "Unavailable" because they haven't been released yet. We've seen in the past with the Penn State and Wisconsin games in 2019 that they don't release every seat right away. However, this does seem to indicate we are well on our way to a sell out for the OSU game.
Was there any doubt it would sell out?

I'll take some time over the weekend and see if I can figure out something that will count automatically for me.

I'll take some time over the weekend and see if I can figure out something that will count automatically for me.
it would be nice! so we don't have to count the CN manual! but i counted 2649 today so there is some movement since the last time you counted! Sell out the bank!

In my world, heck yeh! You can join us in our section anytime as long as you only stand up on huge 3rd down plays and the Rouser! Oh wait! That’s another hot button

The Ohio State band will be at the game.
has the U band ever gone to a standard away football game? I bet Ohio State would tell us to shove it if we asked and they have twice as many seats.

it would be nice! so we don't have to count the CN manual! but i counted 2649 today so there is some movement since the last time you counted! Sell out the bank!
I'm looking into it as well. The JSON responses are...ugly, to say the least.

EDIT:

My first pass at it produced 1050 seats. Which is much lower than what was previously manually calculated. So either my script has some issues, or seats are going fast.

Last edited:

Lol I got flagged as a bot.

EDIT:

Figured out the bug in the script. Here are my counts now:

Total seats: 2126
Upper deck seats: 1759
Lower deck seats: 148
Club seats: 219

Can't guarantee its accuracy since I'm not willing to count manually.

Last edited:

has the U band ever gone to a standard away football game? I bet Ohio State would tell us to shove it if we asked and they have twice as many seats.
They went to Nebraska a few years ago

Lol I got flagged as a bot.

EDIT:

Figured out the bug in the script. Here are my counts now:

Total seats: 2126
Upper deck seats: 1759
Lower deck seats: 148
Club seats: 219

Can't guarantee its accuracy since I'm not willing to count manually.
Just wish the ticket office will put the number on their themselves!

2489 on the hand count

Last edited:

Just wish the ticket office will put the number on their themselves!

2489 on the hand count
Will have to figure out why the script is missing a few hundred. A tomorrow problem.

Don’t forget suits and loges, those aren’t sold out yet either.

Just bought 3 in section 243 row 18 for $145 after fees. Good buy?

The single game tickets are expensive across the board compared to the season. I got season tix in 137 row 10 for $660 all in. To get comparable seats in the same section it would be:

Ohio St: $265
Miami: $55
Bowling Green: $55
Nebraska: $175
Maryland: $110
Illinois: $110
Wisconsin: $200
Total: $970

Just by going to the OSU, Nebraska, and Wisconsin games the season ticket pays for itself and the other 4 home games are basically free. Even living in Chicago and not making all of the home games it was a no brainer to go season ticket.

The single game tickets are expensive across the board compared to the season. I got season tix in 137 row 10 for $660 all in. To get comparable seats in the same section it would be:

Ohio St: $265
Miami: $55
Bowling Green: $55
Nebraska: $175
Maryland: $110
Illinois: $110
Wisconsin: $200
Total: $970

Just by going to the OSU, Nebraska, and Wisconsin games the season ticket pays for itself and the other 4 home games are basically free. Even living in Chicago and not making all of the home games it was a no brainer to go season ticket.
When I saw the Ohio State game was going to cost almost as much as the Gopher pass I decided to just go that route and roll the dice with seats.

2489 on the hand count
What is the process you're using for the manual count? I've looked over my response data, and I can't see what I'm missing.

My script is currently returning the following numbers:

Total seats: 1969
Upper deck seats: 1596
Lower deck seats: 131
Club seats: 242

What is the process you're using for the manual count? I've looked over my response data, and I can't see what I'm missing.

My script is currently returning the following numbers:

Total seats: 1969
Upper deck seats: 1596
Lower deck seats: 131
Club seats: 242
Counting the CN: under networking. Some sections have multiple CN is it counting these as well?

Counting the CN: under networking. Some sections have multiple CN is it counting these as well?
Got it. I was using the wrong response. Not sure why the numbers from that were so different.

So now with the updated script, here are the numbers:

Total Seat Count: 2378
Upper Seat Count: 1598
Lower Seat Count: 486
Club Seat Count: 294

Got it. I was using the wrong response. Not sure why the numbers from that were so different.

So now with the updated script, here are the numbers:

Total Seat Count: 2378
Upper Seat Count: 1598
Lower Seat Count: 486
Club Seat Count: 294
well now i don't have to manually count! since I don't know how to make scripts. how do the other games look?

well now i don't have to manually count! since I don't know how to make scripts. how do the other games look?
Miami (OH)
  • Total seat count: 6806
  • Upper seat count: 4263
  • Lower seat count: 2226
  • Club seat count: 317
Bowling Green
  • Total seat count: 4155
  • Upper seat count: 2168
  • Lower seat count: 1922
  • Club seat count: 65
Nebraska
  • Total seat count: 4769