Sid thinks Fisch is gone

howeda7

Reaction score
On the Sports Huddle, Sid that he thinks Fisch will indeed go back to the NFL. Of course the basis for this is that Fisch has stopped returning his calls, so take it for what it's worth.

On the Sports Huddle, Sid that he thinks Fisch will indeed go back to the NFL. Of course the basis for this is that Fisch has stopped returning his calls, so take it for what it's worth.

You are quick.

Sid also thinks the best shooter on the men's hoops squad is "Blake Hogbarger"

I've been trying to keep up on the coaching carosel in the NFL and Fisch's name has come up with Caroll in Seattle and the Chicago Bears as well. I think he is going to return to the NFL.

I've been trying to keep up on the coaching carosel in the NFL and Fisch's name has come up with Caroll in Seattle and the Chicago Bears as well. I think he is going to return to the NFL.

Possible recycled Gopherhole responses if JF leaves:

1. See, Brewster can't keep his staff!.
2. Good riddance. His Offense was to complicated anyway.
3. So Timmy B. was lying again when he said all his staff would be here next season.
4. It looks like Jedd WILL end-up being a killshot to Brewster's career.
5. This could mean there really will be an open competition for QB next spring.
6 As long they keep they keep the Offense and slim it down it will be fine.

Iowa/Wisconsin Troll Version:

1. NO! This means Brewster might actually BE fired next year!

Old Bleep/Masonite Troll Version:

1. What the hell difference does it make. Timmy and Joel will be gone next year anyway!:pig:

How's that?

wow, I geuss It looks like Jedd WILL end-up being a killshot to Brester's career.

I don't see how it's a good thing, whether you're pro or anti-Brewster. First, I hope we all want to have the best chance to win next year. And if Fisch goes and we end up say 5-7, it just gives Brewster another excuse why he needs another year with his next 'new' offense. Far better to give this offense another year and let the results or lack thereof stand on thier own.

The whole continuity argument for wanting Fisch to stay is absurd. Why would you want any continuity with an offense as bad as this? Fisch coming here to replace a very good OC in Dubar was a HUGE mistake and a total failure. If he leaves this will be the best news possible heading into next year. Fisch is a joke.

Possible recycled Gopherhole responses if JF leaves:

1. See, Brewster can't keep his staff!.
2. Good riddance. His Offense was to complicated anyway.
3. So Timmy B. was lying again when he said all his staff would be here next season.
4. It looks like Jedd WILL end-up being a killshot to Brester's career.
5. This could mean there really will be an open competition for QB next spring.
6 As long they keep they keep the Offense and slim it down it will be fine.

Iowa/Wisconsin Troll Version:

1. NO! This means Brewster might actually BE fired next year!

Old Bleep/Masonite Troll Version:

1. What the hell difference does it make. Timmy and Joel will be gone next year anyway!:pig:

How's that?

Iceland, are you insinuating that we should not look forward to same old, same old, same old recycled comments over and over again? :)

Easy solution. If Fisch stays the O will perform in the second year. If he goes, promote Davis. Either way the O will be OK next year and PDG the next year.

I really want continuity, but I also don't want perpuity of a terrible offense. It was really painful to watch the Gophers in the second half of the season, outside of the MSU game. At the Insight Bowl they put up some stat that said we had scored something like 3 touchdowns in our last 80 or 90 possessions...it hurt.

If he does leave, I'd love to see someone page Mike Leach to the white courtesy phone.

I don't like Fisch so I can't really complain. His brilliant game plan in the bowl game against a team with a terrible pass rush was to run it 95% of the time on 1st down. It was extremely predictable and not at all innovative.

Fisch just stopped taking calls? Funny it took so long- he stopped making calls around the Illinois game.

Fisch just stopped taking calls? Funny it took so long- he stopped making calls around the Illinois game.

rim-shot-johnny-utah.thumbnail.jpg

Good riddance. His offense was too complicated anyway.

Too complicated? He ran the exact same play on 3rd and 4th down against Iowa that probably cost us the game.

And let me ask you this: when MarQueis Gray comes into the game, is there any confusion about what is coming next? Fisch has like 10 plays and he keeps trying to work them over and over again like a video game.

I get your point though. I don't like Fisch either.

The whole continuity argument for wanting Fisch to stay is absurd. Why would you want any continuity with an offense as bad as this? Fisch coming here to replace a very good OC in Dubar was a HUGE mistake and a total failure. If he leaves this will be the best news possible heading into next year. Fisch is a joke.

Dunbar wasn't doing anything. 90% of people wanted to see him leave. It's surprising how many people forget that.

This is easily one of the most ignorant posts in GH history. Ridiculous!

especially when you consider that as dismal as this year was we still had better Big Ten stats then last year.

Too complicated? He ran the exact same play on 3rd and 4th down against Iowa that probably cost us the game.

And let me ask you this: when MarQueis Gray comes into the game, is there any confusion about what is coming next? Fisch has like 10 plays and he keeps trying to work them over and over again like a video game.

I get your point though. I don't like Fisch either.

Read one of the earlier posts. I was making a joke.

I just don't understand why Fisch would leave to take a position coach job in the NFL. I think turning the Gophers into a successful offense would offer him a shorter path to a head coaching position in the future. I think that's true even if he ultimately wants to be in the NFL.

He may have decided that the college game isn't as satisfying. Some people like the college game some the pro. He never looked like he was enjoying himself. Of course we weren't that good.

He has interviewed with Shanahan, according to a popular rumor website. FWIW.

So Mike Shanahan and Pete Carroll think Jedd Fisch is brilliant, but some of you think he is an idiot? I think I know who's opinion I will side with.

So Mike Shanahan and Pete Carroll think Jedd Fisch is brilliant, but some of you think he is an idiot? I think I know who's opinion I will side with.
Exactly.

Top Bottom