Shooter: Brady Hoke on U's list of serious football coaching prospects

While playing against some of the worst teams in 1-A football. SDSU's wins have come against:

Nicholls State: 2-7
New Mexico State: 2-7
Utah State: 3-6
Air Force: 6-4
New Mexico: 1-8
Wyoming: 2-8
Colorado State: 3-7

So what you're saying is he beat 7 teams that the Brewster led Gophers would have lost to? Sounds like an improvement to me! I would take Hoke in a heartbeat.

From Footballscoop.com today:

"Minnesota: Our sources tell us the San Diego State head coach Brady Hoke has not been contacted and is not looking to leave San Diego State."

Go Gophers!!

"Minnesota: Our sources tell us the San Diego State head coach Brady Hoke has not been contacted and is not looking to leave San Diego State."

Go Gophers!!

Well I guess the other leak simply said he was on the short list.

Also, of course he is not going to say he has no interest in leaving. Nick Saban had no interest in leaving Miami for Alabama, Brian Kelly said he had no interest in Notre Dame.

Don't let that statement fool you, there is always interest to see whats out there.

Go Gophers!!

I can breathe a little easier now...

Hoke said, "he's not looking to bail." He never said I am not leaving SDSU. To me, it sounds like well I'm not looking to bail but if I got the right offer... This is what they all are supposed to say when being rumored for another job. This is what I took from the comments in the article.

Journalism 101: why is this person lying to me? Hoke saying "he's not looking to bail" means nothing.

^ +1

And if the Gophers hire Brady Hoke, we might as well move down to the Horizon Football Conference.

Don't look now, but Hoke's Aztecs are up 14-0 at #3 TCU.

Call me crazy, but I am of the opinion that paying top dollars for a coach and hiring the right coach to lead the program are not mutually exclusive.

Loved the top dollar thingy. I think I remember you. Loved the golden fountain at your daughters birthday party. The living greek statues. Now that was class! Rembrandt in the bathroom! That was top drawer! Still, I was overwhelmed at the wedding! The 140 K spent on flowers was truly spectacular. I know she loved it. What a special day that was for everyone. Hey, call me. I know a biggie that wants to divest itself of its stent operations! What a coup that would be. Yeah. Fun times.

Luv ya!

UFB

Hoke is out...

Inside sources say that Terry Bowden, SEC coach of the year and one time Phenom, who was wrongly dismissed from Auburn and cleared of all accusations, now Head Coach at No Alabama has been already contacted by search committee members and is nearing cloesr to taking the opening very soon. Now that the Pres Elect is all but under contract and oddly enough his son goes to Auburn, the search folks at the U have seriously turned their attention to Bowden and a see him as a 'major catch'.

Inside sources say that Terry Bowden, SEC coach of the year and one time Phenom, who was wrongly dismissed from Auburn and cleared of all accusations, now Head Coach at No Alabama has been already contacted by search committee members and is nearing cloesr to taking the opening very soon. Now that the Pres Elect is all but under contract and oddly enough his son goes to Auburn, the search folks at the U have seriously turned their attention to Bowden and a see him as a 'major catch'.
How do you know this? I don't mind Bowden at all, he did well at Auburn. He is still ten years removed from being a FBS coach. He might be an option but I have a hard time believing he's the guy. Interviews haven't even started yet since the season isn't over.

According to the Sports Huddle and Sid Brady Hoke is happy at SDS and they will pay him whatever it takes to keep him.

According to the Sports Huddle and Sid Brady Hoke is happy at SDS and they will pay him whatever it takes to keep him.

I like Brady Hoke, but I certainly don't think he is worth getting into a bidding ware for.

Top Bottom