Settle the @$#% down, please.

It was a joke... lighten up Francis as you love to put it. And yeah, first world problems I get it. Even you can acknowledge that telling your fan base to shut up or leave is not the most endearing marketing strategy.
Hell, the marketing team at UMN is where your bitching should land. Go write them a note every 20 minutes and see what it gets you.

Hell, the marketing team at UMN is where your bitching should land. Go write them a note every 20 minutes and see what it gets you.
Oh, did they put out an ad that told me to end support? I probably should write them a note, seems like the inverse of what a marketing department is for. They might even have job openings once I set them straight : ) Thanks Deb!

Complaining does nothing, but as many have mentioned, is it worse than total apathy? People totally checking out and ending support is worse. I think it's getting hostile because it appeared this staff could coach last year, with the shortcoming being playable bodies. We have depth this year, but now the staff can't coach? I think my issue was that I set my expectations too high. I just couldn't fathom they would look this bad, so it is my fault for drinking the maroon and gold kool-aid.

On a side note, my new pair of Gopher joggers showed up today, so I may complain but I still support this program!
Where did you get them?

Oh, did they put out an ad that told me to end support? I probably should write them a note, seems like the inverse of what a marketing department is for. They might even have job openings once I set them straight : ) Thanks Deb!
Yep, talk to them and they'll give you a spot in their newsletter.

Let's try to get some perspective here. There is no doubt that Brian Dutcher has turned out to be an excellent coach. Keep in mind that it took he and Steve Fisher seven years to get San Diego State into a continual winning record. Those first six years were brutal for that program.

Let's try to get some perspective here. There is no doubt that Brian Dutcher has turned out to be an excellent coach. Keep in mind that it took he and Steve Fisher seven years to get San Diego State into a continual winning record. Those first six years were brutal for that program.

It wasn't all brutal in those first 6 years, and that was 20-25 years ago when slow builds were the only option. Despite going 5-23 and 0-14 in year 1 under Fisher, they still made the NCAA tournament in year 3 and the NIT in year 4.

Like all good coaches, he showed incremental progress the first three years.

We Gopher fans are currently going through a grad program in brutal and there is no comparison.

Good Lord, Steve Fisher (with Brian Dutcher as his lieutenant) had a national championship and two additional championship game appearances on his resume when he stepped into the SDSU job (he even went to the Final Four as a player). He was as proven as you can be as a coach. Let us again remember that Ben Johnson doesn’t have a single career accomplishment remotely f’n close to that and never will. There is no comparison between what Fisher was able to do and what Johnson is trying to do because there’s no comparison between Steve Fisher and Ben Johnson.

Right now every team 23-24 team is based on ifs. Gopher ifs? The portal. Mitchell will be good. MUCH better than Cooper. Another PG that can give at least 10 high quality minutes. I would settle for King but there seems no interest. Ortiz? Maybe. There is one out there. Rapid B1G development of Christie. Carrington breaking out. Ihnen and Fox better than new. Fox is needed. 10 B1G quality minutes from a new banger. A rim intimidator. The injury bug stays away and this is a very good team.

Edit: I should have mentioned the potential of Coach Ps son. CBJ will have to locate and match the right chemistries.

Top Bottom