Seth Green

GopherMac

Reaction score
Did we do enough? Did the NW game, the crowd, and my prayers make a difference?

I'm sure Kill & co have done all they can - but whether it is enough remains to be seen.

I think I get your point about not losing any sleep, tikited...and I have never seen the kid play, but I think it could be beneficial to the team if a high ranked kid, QB, committed a year early and helped attract top recruits here. I love when Minnesota kids play here but I don't lose sleep over it.

Told me Seth will be wearing maroon and gold next fall.

Would be nice if your little birdy is correct. Can never have too many QB's that can compete for the job. Seth will have to compete for sure.

I think I get your point about not losing any sleep, tikited...and I have never seen the kid play, but I think it could be beneficial to the team if a high ranked kid, QB, committed a year early and helped attract top recruits here. I love when Minnesota kids play here but I don't lose sleep over it.

I agree with everything you wrote and I'm pretty sure you got my point. He's young and highly recruited = good for us if he decides to come here.

Did we do enough? Did the NW game, the crowd, and my prayers make a difference?

You can only do so much right now when Oregon has flashy uniforms, facilities, and is constantly talked about. Maybe the kid has change of heart. He could easily run the ball with Jeff and Berk next year while dropping in some PA passes.

You can only do so much right now when Oregon has flashy uniforms, facilities, and is constantly talked about. Maybe the kid has change of heart. He could easily run the ball with Jeff and Berk next year while dropping in some PA passes.

Jeff Jones has to go retake high school classes next year? Ouch.

Jeff Jones has to go retake high school classes next year? Ouch.

Wouldn't be the first college kid to do that? Yeah, this committing really early thing is throwing me for a loop. Oops. You get my drift though.

Anyone have any idea why he is committing so early?

Pure Speculation with the probability of cleaning the egg off my face come Wednesday, but as an outsider it seems there is only a benefit of an early commitment for MN. Cant see the national recruiting scene being influenced by a GOOD qb recruit to a national powerhouse... On the other hand, an up and coming MN program will be highly benefited by securing the top MN recruit in his class a season early.
Again pure speculation but my guess is MN, if its the national powerhouse, who could argue with those jerseys!

Pure Speculation with the probability of cleaning the egg off my face come Wednesday, but as an outsider it seems there is only a benefit of an early commitment for MN. Cant see the national recruiting scene being influenced by a GOOD qb recruit to a national powerhouse... On the other hand, an up and coming MN program will be highly benefited by securing the top MN recruit in his class a season early.
Again pure speculation but my guess is MN, if its the national powerhouse, who could argue with those jerseys!

Or he's thinking I better grab that QB offer from Oregon before someone else does.

For one he could secure a spot with Oregon which they may be pushing for. Second having a QB committed always helps with recruiting. Other skill guys (especially at a place where they're recruiting the top prospects nationally) want to know the QB they're coming in with. They may attend the same camps as well.

Well timing is good for Minnesota. Minnesota kids are never easy gets when they have other options. Maybe Jones and then Green will change that.

Top rated QBs are typically the earliest verbals. They set up the recruiting class and let them recruit other kids.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Is he having a press conference or just doing it via Twitter?

Can't open invite and leave the state right? Had to have learned from The Decision right?

Top Bottom