Season Ticket refund

How will the COVID-19 situation bear on those fans that like to stand up during games and / or drink at least moderately?
I read that standing up while drinking Nordeast beer staves off any virus.

What are interviews with politicians and news people expert in besides being politicians and working in modern "journalism"? And I have not heard one new piece of advice from a doctor in the last six weeks. You are also still missing my main point entirely: the air time MUST be filled with something, 24 hours per day, every single day. Your watching it for more than 15 minutes per day gives you nothing worth having, just the same opinions from the same people over and over and over and over again. And then repeated. Personally, I watch the BBC World News every day (very left wing) and watch Fox News once in the evening (right wing). I miss nothing worth spit.

I don't know that politicians or news people are actually "expert" in anything, necessarily. That being said, I don't see how having a panel discussion on current events featuring politicians and news people is a misrepresentation of expertise. Maybe I'm missing something. To me, it's just a panel discussion featuring politicians, pundits, news media members. It has exactly that much value; no more, no less.

Glad to hear you watch the BBC World News. That's a great news source.

UW-Madison has cancelled in-person classes indefinitely.

This news proves, once and for all, that alcohol has no effect on the virus.

-----------

MADISON, Wis. — UW-Madison announced Wednesday that the university will be canceling in-person classes in an effort to combat the further spread of COVID-19.

According to the university’s website, UW-Madison will suspend spring semester instruction on March 23 until at least April 10. Officials said a decision on resuming in-person lessons will be made in early April.

Students who live in the residence halls are being asked to take all essential items with them during spring break. Those students are being asked to not return to campus until at least April 10. The university is also asking students to complete their coursework remotely.

In addition to in-person class cancelations, university officials are advising against all non-essential travel, including trips scheduled for spring break. Anyone who travels may be required to self-isolate for 14 days depending on the location.

All events of more than 50 people are canceled through at least April 10.

UW-Madison has cancelled in-person classes indefinitely.

This news proves, once and for all, that alcohol has no effect on the virus.

01eOgrn.gif

I don't know that politicians or news people are actually "expert" in anything, necessarily. That being said, I don't see how having a panel discussion on current events featuring politicians and news people is a misrepresentation of expertise. Maybe I'm missing something. To me, it's just a panel discussion featuring politicians, pundits, news media members. It has exactly that much value; no more, no less.

Glad to hear you watch the BBC World News. That's a great news source.

Anthony Zucker who is their "USA expert" has as bad a case of Trump Derangement Syndrome as anyone in America. But the BBC has some excellent science pieces. 70% of UK citizens believes the BBC has a left wing bias. By the way, why would you want to watch a panel discusion with no expertise on the panel?

Just got a message from a nice young lady at the U encouraging me to consider purchasing season tickets. It's still full steam ahead over there for now.

This is a thread supposedly about season ticket refunds.

There is a Corona thread on the off-topic area.

Anthony Zucker who is their "USA expert" has as bad a case of Trump Derangement Syndrome as anyone in America. But the BBC has some excellent science pieces. 70% of UK citizens believes the BBC has a left wing bias. By the way, why would you want to watch a panel discusion with no expertise on the panel?

Trump Derangement Syndrome?

As for the question in bold: I sometimes listen to panel discussions involving journalists and/or pundits in order to hear various points of view.

For medical information, I prefer medical professionals. But to get different perspectives on how the coronavirus is impacting the nation and the world, I've found that journalists sometimes have interesting stuff to contribute.

The simple face that all one hears on tv is cvirus indicates stocking fears--especially about a disease that's,so far, 10,000% less deadly than seasonal flu.
es
So far, World War 3 has far fewer casualties than either of the first two world wars. The part you have to admit is since the third world war hasn't started yet, that is a fairly obvious reason why it has less casualties and it probably isn't a reason to not bother with worrying about its potential.

Are you suggesting the news media shouldn't report on Italy shutting down the whole country? Not say a word about the U running all classes online next week? Let it slide that the NCAA tourneys are going to go without fans? Or are you suggesting the NCAA tourneys are going to go without fans because the media misled them? If so, I'd say your local store might be laughingly out of toilet paper but also laughingly out of tin foil due to all of it that you purchased to make your hats..

Someone said of Trumps 'speech' (I'm paraphrasing):

'It was like an eighth-grader reading a report in front of the class'.

Last edited:

It would be super if you could find another place to constantly inject your political views.

If there was ever a time to put childish partisanship aside, it is now. This is coming from someone who didn’t vote for Trump, so don’t go down that road with me.

Durring his open meeting with drug companies he seemed to really struggle with the concept of a timeline and multiple steps along it as far as testing, producing, deployment of a vaccine....it was weird to say the least.

I don't want to do this but if it will kill poli chat in this thread here goes:

Jerry Kill was terrible at coaching offense. Mitch Leidner kept MN from winning the Big Ten West.

I don't want to do this but if it will kill poli chat in this thread here goes:

Jerry Kill was terrible at coaching offense. Mitch Leidner kept MN from winning the Big Ten West.

Mitch was a "waffler" (if anyone remembers that term) .... passing wise.

Games might be played to empty stadiums. Could happen. You'd get your money back.
I think it is unlikely to last until the fall as far as cancellations go.

It's going to spread, there's no question about that, the speed is the only question, but by fall I suspect we will be past it / enough people will have been exposed that cancelling events won't be relevant.

Durring his open meeting with drug companies he seemed to really struggle with the concept of a timeline and multiple steps along it as far as testing, producing, deployment of a vaccine....it was weird to say the least.
During his meeting with the CDC he called the test kits "beautiful". I think that guy has about four adjectives in his holster.

Top Bottom