Season ticket mailing?

Relying on the u of m ticket office and the postal service is a scary proposition. Both are abhorrent operations.

Easy there chief, not everybody has had ticket office issues. Personally, all my dealings with them over the last 15 years since graduating have been pleasant and trouble-free. Always solved my issue.

Also, I believe the tix are going out via UPS, not USPS. No?

Easy there chief, not everybody has had ticket office issues. Personally, all my dealings with them over the last 15 years since graduating have been pleasant and trouble-free. Always solved my issue.

Agree Bandanna. I have had nothing but great experiences with the ticket office on a variety of issues, none of which were their fault. They are always helpful when I call them and friendly.

Agree with all of this GBG.

Just got them and they were "between the doors".

Just got mine in the capital city yesterday. I am wondering if the early folks have last names like Anderson or Baker.

Nothing in Maple Grove yet either. Pretty silly that we sound like kids before Christmas!

Nothing has changed since my original post. Still nothing here in Minneapolis. I'm not in a total panic yet, but I want to be proactive. Does anyone know the process if the tickets are lost and I don't receive them? Do they print new ones? What happens if they were stolen and someone tries to use them?

Nothing has changed since my original post. Still nothing here in Minneapolis. I'm not in a total panic yet, but I want to be proactive. Does anyone know the process if the tickets are lost and I don't receive them? Do they print new ones? What happens if they were stolen and someone tries to use them?

You’d get re-printed tickets, although they would probably be on different ticket stock so that they’d look like single game tickets rather than season tickets. They would have a new bar code and the bar code on the other tickets would be deactivated so they couldn’t be used (but could still be sold to an unsuspecting buyer).

You’d get re-printed tickets, although they would probably be on different ticket stock so that they’d look like single game tickets rather than season tickets. They would have a new bar code and the bar code on the other tickets would be deactivated so they couldn’t be used (but could still be sold to an unsuspecting buyer).

When I one year's season tickets, two or three years ago I think, they had NO BAR CODE on the tickets at all. They allowed us to "get in" with them for the first two or three games, then after that, we had to have tickets printed on the single game ticket stocks for the rest of the season. Kind of an inconvience when it was the their fault, but oh well I guess.

I would recommend signing up for UPS My Choice. It's free. They will email you when a shipment is scheduled.

When I one year's season tickets, two or three years ago I think, they had NO BAR CODE on the tickets at all. They allowed us to "get in" with them for the first two or three games, then after that, we had to have tickets printed on the single game ticket stocks for the rest of the season. Kind of an inconvience when it was the their fault, but oh well I guess.

They printed tickets with no bar codes? Was that on purpose?

They printed tickets with no bar codes? Was that on purpose?

Couldn't honestly tell you. It was pretty frustrating in that, as soon as I received them, I called the ticket office to make them aware. The rep, at the time, told me "Oh, don't worry, you'll be fine. You'll still be able to get in." I asked him, "Are you sure? Because there is no barcode to scan on these." To which he snottedly (not really a word) replied, "Yes, man, you'll be good." Then, come to find out that two or three games in, when we were going in a couple minutes before kickoff no less, that we would not be allowed in without barcodes on our tickets. The ticket takers at the gate, the "manager" or person overseeing them and a person in the ticket office were all quite rude about it as well, treating it like it was my fault. I had explained to the people in the ticket office at the time that I had called in, gave them the specific name of the employee who told me it would be ok and I would not need new tickets.

I then called the ticket office manager after that game directly to voice my displeasure with how I was treated and he was very nice and apologized quite a bit for the inconveinence it put us in. I explained that I would have had no problem getting new tickets at the first game or before the season started, had I been told to do so as soon as I received the un-bar coded tickets in the mail, but I wasn't.

This particular situation was the only time I have ever had trouble with the ticket office and their lack of communication.

They screwed up my order in year one at TCF Bank stadium. I got tickets on single game cardstock and then I complained that it was year #1, so they sent me tickets on the nice cardstock. They were just dummy tickets that I could keep.

No tickets yet for me. :(

Looks like I am going to have to sweat it out. My address hasn't changed in 11 years but I seem to always get to worry a little bit.

Mostly unrelated story but e.bigalow's tale reminds me of how one can be on the fortunate side of ticket office screw ups. I can't remember the exact circumstances but in the dome (I think it was '07) we had seats in the first deck end zone. I called the ticket office to see if I could move. They found a spot in the first deck corner for our 4 seats. When the season ticket packet arrived, I had BOTH end zone and corner seats. 8 tickets for the price of 4.

Does anybody have experience with tickets being delivered to their apartment or condo? I live in a condo and the "front door" is used by everyone in the building. Just curious if I need to leave a note for UPS to deliver the office, or what people have done to make sure their tickets aren't lost/stolen. Thanks!
UPS standard procedure is not to Driver Release (leave packages at the door without signature) at shared doors. Many apartments get their packages delivered to an office, but drivers should not be releasing them to a door that is shared. Now, this is not to say that some drivers don't release anyway, but UPS policy is that if they can't contact the individual or an office to leave a InfoNotice sticker on the door and reattempt the delivery the next day. After three attempts, the package is put on hold for customer pickup, and if it is not picked up, eventual return to sender.

I would also recommend UPS MyChoice as another poster said, it's free and gives you customized notifications as well as allowing you to select where you want packages left.

UPS standard procedure is not to Driver Release (leave packages at the door without signature) at shared doors. Many apartments get their packages delivered to an office, but drivers should not be releasing them to a door that is shared. Now, this is not to say that some drivers don't release anyway, but UPS policy is that if they can't contact the individual or an office to leave a InfoNotice sticker on the door and reattempt the delivery the next day. After three attempts, the package is put on hold for customer pickup, and if it is not picked up, eventual return to sender.

I would also recommend UPS MyChoice as another poster said, it's free and gives you customized notifications as well as allowing you to select where you want packages left.

Thanks, I have UPS MyChoice updated with my new address, but no notifications thus far. MyGopherSports says my tickets are printed, but I am not sure how reliable the AD's IT systems are. Either way, still no tickets in St. Louis Park....

Still nothing at my house. I always tell myself that my last name starting with 'T', meant that I get one of the last mailings out. Whether things are actually printed/mailed in alphabetical order, I have no idea. But it's my way of dealing with "Delayed Gopher Season Ticket Delivery Despondence'.

Still nothing at my house. I always tell myself that my last name starting with 'T', meant that I get one of the last mailings out. Whether things are actually printed/mailed in alphabetical order, I have no idea. But it's my way of dealing with "Delayed Gopher Season Ticket Delivery Despondence'.

I would think they mail tickets out based on your priority ranking with Gopher Points. Get the "most valuable fans" their tickets first?

I would think they mail tickets out based on your priority ranking with Gopher Points. Get the "most valuable fans" their tickets first?

Maybe so. I have no idea. Last I checked, I think my ranking was like 10,000 out of 18,000 or something like that. Right in that meaty part of the curve - not showing off, not getting behind. Either way, my tix are yet to arrive.

Maybe so. I have no idea. Last I checked, I think my ranking was like 10,000 out of 18,000 or something like that. Right in that meaty part of the curve - not showing off, not getting behind. Either way, my tix are yet to arrive.

I think I will go with your other idea on the alphabet, since I haven't received mine either. Minneapolis address, a lower number... I'm not sure why? Maybe my neighboring Hawks swooped them up to keep me from enjoying a victory this year? I mean, who hates Iowa? Oops, wrong forum...sorry, AD.

Still no go for me after today's UPS window has passed. Oh, and I'm near the top of the alphabet and live in the metro so whatever system they use... it isn't in order with the alphabet.

P and low on the points list and in Southeast MN and still got my tickets last Friday.

Top Bottom