Searcy and Lipscomb

tjgesquire

Team Ginger
Reaction score
Has there been any new on these two? I know there were discussion about what exactly Lipscomb needed to complete at the Juco level before coming to the U. And is Searcy still gray shirting?

I think Lipscomb is short credits and so only needs to comply with that to enter the U. If I remember right he isn't playing to preserve a year of eligibility and will show up later this year. He'll be more like a red shirt. His situation is different than a non-qualifier who must complete his two year to enter the U. It's been a while so I'm a little fuzzy on the details.

I think Lipscomb is short credits and so only needs to comply with that to enter the U. If I remember right he isn't playing to preserve a year of eligibility and will show up later this year. He'll be more like a red shirt. His situation is different than a non-qualifier who must complete his two year to enter the U. It's been a while so I'm a little fuzzy on the details.

I hope this is correct, I had written him off.

Yea, I didn't think this was the situation, but Schnoodler, I'm hoping you're right on this one?

Hopefully someone can give us some more concrete answers.

I heard this stuff along time ago now, I'd like someone on the inside to get the scoop on this. Maybe GL could get after this one, seems like her kind of deal, chatting with the recruits. She's good at it.

doing some research on this I'm finding conflicting reports. A couple said he failed the entrance exams which I think makes him a non-qualifier which I think means he has to get his two year to come here. But the reports also say he's hoping to be here next year.

Doesn't make sense.

I had heard he was good to go but didn't have enough credits becuase of the Katrina thing. So I'm just as confused about this now as anyone else.

The reports say he's at Blinn JC but he doesn't show up on the roster nor is his name anywhere in game reports, so ??

I'm buying Schnoodler's take. The circumstances seem to support the report. I hope it's correct. We really needed him badly this year. Weren't there problems with credits transferring or lost records and time lost from school with him between La and Tx?

The latest I've picked up on Searcy is he will be in school in January and will attend spring practice. We have a large need for him as well.

I'm buying Schnoodler's take. The circumstances seem to support the report. I hope it's correct. We really needed him badly this year. Weren't there problems with credits transferring or lost records and time lost from school with him between La and Tx?

I think this was the original concern, but I missed the ACT thing, so now IDK.

Looking back on the thread when we originally found out he (Lipscomb) wouldn't be with us this year there was one guy who mentioned Lipscomb would have to complete 2 years of JC, but thats it, there has really been no official word on the situation, at least it hasn't been mentioned on the board.

Is Brew able to comment on this type of stuff??? Probably not or we would know what the deal is.

He does have a myspace page if any one wants to go ask him. I'm too old to be hovering on a 19 year old kids page when I don't know them, I don't know that there's anything wrong with that but it just makes me feel like a creeper.

He does have a myspace page if any one wants to go ask him. I'm too old to be hovering on a 19 year old kids page when I don't know them, I don't know that there's anything wrong with that but it just makes me feel like a creeper.

Hahaha...You need to get your kids (or get some kids) to do this dirty work for you :).

take one for the team :cheer:

I just checked the Blinn JC page at NJCAA.org and Lipscomb has no stat line.

Here's the reply from Hasan:

"Hey Whats Up,

I'm doing very fine. I'm getting bigger and better. My choice has been to redshirt here for many purposes. The main one is because I want 3 years of elgibility when i transfer. I'm doing even better in the classroom and i'm more focused. My dream is still to lead the University of Minnesota to a championship. I'm trying to make it soon as possible to leave here. I'm also following the gophers every weekend. Thanks for giving me a shout."

Very nice reply, well written. Seems to have his head on his shoulders, great plan with an eye to the future rather than the present. Reading between the lines I think he has to complete his two year and will lose a year of eligibility no matter how this rolls. It's great to see him conserving a year and being at such a great JC program it probably won't hurt him none. He also gave me a contact number which I'll pass along to GL. althought I'd be surprised if she didn't already have it. i should be a damn journalist.

"Hey Whats Up,

I'm doing very fine. I'm getting bigger and better. My choice has been to redshirt here for many purposes. The main one is because I want 3 years of elgibility when i transfer. I'm doing even better in the classroom and i'm more focused. My dream is still to lead the University of Minnesota to a championship. I'm trying to make it soon as possible to leave here. I'm also following the gophers every weekend. Thanks for giving me a shout."

Very nice reply, well written. Seems to have his head on his shoulders, great plan with an eye to the future rather than the present. Reading between the lines I think he has to complete his two year and will lose a year of eligibility no matter how this rolls. It's great to see him conserving a year and being at such a great JC program it probably won't hurt him none. He also gave me a contact number which I'll pass along to GL. althought I'd be surprised if she didn't already have it. i should be a damn journalist.

Heres to you Schnoods :drink: Good work, too bad for him, but good to hear he is in good spirits about everything.

"Hey Whats Up,

Of the bold print: Me too man... me too....

On the whole:
Excellent, thats what I like to hear.

Great news!!! Nice to see him trying to make the most of his eligibility.

Blinn is one of the top Juco programs in the country right now. Maybe the best. Cal has 2 guys from there. Brew should look hard at their players and recruit the ones that are a fit for the Gophers.

"Hey Whats Up,

Wow, that is some good work right there. :clap: He really seems to have his head on his shoulders. I really hope he makes it here. I wonder why most JC players don't red-shirt so they can have three years of eligibility once they leave JUCO??

Top Bottom