Seantrel Henderson

Seantrell's not a bad kid, he's just not focused/motivated & there always seems to be something with the kid.

Seantrell's not a bad kid, he's just not focused/motivated & there always seems to be something with the kid.

Maybe he been told too many times that he is "special". When this happens some athletes take this to mean that the rules don't apply to them. They will continue to believe this unless society hold them accountable for their behavior.

Assuming he has a MN license, how did it expire? I guess I am just basing off my own experience, but don't they only expire when you are 18, then 21? meaning if he is 20 that theoretically his license has been expired for 2 years? Probably wrong, just curious though as I don't know of anyone from MN where this wasn't the case.

Assuming he has a MN license, how did it expire? I guess I am just basing off my own experience, but don't they only expire when you are 18, then 21? meaning if he is 20 that theoretically his license has been expired for 2 years? Probably wrong, just curious though as I don't know of anyone from MN where this wasn't the case.

Your first license expires at 18, I believe. Thereafter your license is valid for the next 4 years in a continuum, meaning every 4 years thereafter expiration is on your birthday. 4 years at a time, then renew.

Your first license expires at 18, I believe. Thereafter your license is valid for the next 4 years in a continuum, meaning every 4 years thereafter expiration is on your birthday. 4 years at a time, then renew.

I know you have to get a different license at 21 regardless when you got your previous one. Different color signifying of age to drink.

If you move to a different state don't you have to get a license in that state after an amount of time(30-90 days)?

If you move to a different state don't you have to get a license in that state after an amount of time(30-90 days)?

Maybe if you establish residency there, yes. I'm a student, and I've been using my PA license for 3 years in MN now.

I'm seeing a Community College in this young man's future.

That seems like a bizarre destination. . .

I guess I could see how you could rush to judgment and assume that he gets kicked out of Miami, but why would he ever attend a community college?

That seems like a bizarre destination. . .

I guess I could see how you could rush to judgment and assume that he gets kicked out of Miami, but why would he ever attend a community college?

Yes it does seem like a bizarre destination, but after Miami, SH will be poison. Where does one go when they're a one trick pony....back to Community College to resurrect a sinking career. His old man can still watch him play football while he's working on his career as a Rapper.

Yes it does seem like a bizarre destination, but after Miami, SH will be poison. Where does one go when they're a one trick pony....back to Community College to resurrect a sinking career. His old man can still watch him play football while he's working on his career as a Rapper.

I've never heard of a player attending a community college to resurrect his football career. I've heard of players attending FCS schools to resurrect their careers, I suppose that would be a possibility. According to your theory though, he'd have to find a Community College with a football team that also allowed people to pursue a career as a rapper. I suppose everything's possible.

If I had to guess, he'll be fine. He seems to have some issues with maturity but they aren't very serious. He has never had a serious issue, he drove on an expired license. I'd put that about in the same category as underage drinking or getting into fights (probably less than fighting). It's an obvious sign of immaturity but I don't think it will propel Seantrel into the almost task of searching out Community Colleges.

I'm a huge Gopher rube and I am excited about the future of our OL, but we do understand that during Seantrel's "sinking career" of two years, he has accomplished as much as any member of our OL (and he only graduated HS two years ago)?

After a very tough spring start, I'm told he didn't show for the first Spring practice, people are actually pretty excited down here about his progress. The funeral in Minnesota has put him 12 practices behind, but everyone down here is expecting a big season from him.

...he'd have to find a Community College with a football team...

And assuming he is in good academic standing, he would also have to find a community college that would accept him transferring in as a Junior. Might be pretty hard to do.

And assuming he is in good academic standing, he would also have to find a community college that would accept him transferring in as a Junior. Might be pretty hard to do.

I caught that too, User. Need I say more about insert foot about some people?

Of course, I guess he could change his major field of study and start over. :)

Tweet: "@caneswatch: Al Golden says Seantrel Henderson has to "get personal house in order." Does not expect him to play vs, BC."

Go Gophers!!

This was an odd comment at the end of this article, check the comments section:

KMSP Fox Channel 9 in Minneapolis is reporting that Seantrel Henderson, the former Number 1 High School Football recruit out of Cretin-Derham Hall High School in St. Paul will enroll at the University of Minnesota, redshirt and be eligible to play Football during the 2013 Season for the Gophers according to reliable sources within the University. Henderson is not expected participate in any Gopher Football related activities until after classes begin on Sept. 4th. When contacted, a Henderson family spokesman has requested respecting they're privacy at this time as they are dealing with family personal issues and a statement will be released soon. KMSP Fox 9 will respect the Henderson family's wishes and will report any further information as it becomes available.

Weird because Fox 9 never reported this. Hmmm...

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...llation-begins-friday-port.html#storylink=cpy

This was an odd comment at the end of this article, check the comments section:

Weird because Fox 9 never reported this. Hmmm...

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...llation-begins-friday-port.html#storylink=cpy

Hmmmm. I was considering stopping by this thread just to say "I wish an actual Gopher player could get a thread this long on Gopher Hole." I wonder what is up with that transfer stuff, especially since it doesn't actually appear anywhere on KMSP's website or airwaves. Plus, it would be an unlikely place to learn this as it never seems as though KMSP gets any decent sports scoops (unless you consider the uncovering of college hockey players drinking BEER to be a "scoop"). With all the dad-rap-drama, movement from USC to Miami, missed practices, etc... I was starting to wonder if it was a good thing the Gopher program never got him in the first place. Perhaps my money will be where my mouth is if there is any truth to that new rumor.

Went over to a Miami board to see if they were talking about it at all. They are, and while they seem to be skeptical of the post by Mike B having any real truth to it, they are HOPING it is true.

If he were to transfer to the U I would welcome him with open arms for a couple of reasons. 1) He has a tremendous talent. 2) It would be extremely low risk, high reward. One strike and he is done, but if he indeed grows up and gets his life in order, he would no doubt help our program. From everything Kill has shown and done, I have no doubt he can handle bad apples and rid the program of them when needed and change them when needed.

Went over to a Miami board to see if they were talking about it at all. They are, and while they seem to be skeptical of the post by Mike B having any real truth to it, they are HOPING it is true.

Haha. That would cut down on the bill for Excedrin if he left. Would Kill even want him? Talent might not be worth the headache.
Kris Humphries part II.

This is worth very little, but I asked a friend of mine who knows Seantrel pretty well if he heard anything about him going to the U, his response was "I haven't heard anything".

I have no idea if he would know if Seantrel made a decision and I have no idea if he would really tell me if he did know.

I just thought I'd pass on this worthless nugget of info.

A tweet from yesterday:

Jorge Milian ‏@caneswatch

Al Golden on Seantrel Henderson this morning: “Seantrel, okay, is part of our football program."

I'd be okay with Seantrel coming here if Coach Kill sets expectations with him ahead of time, but my reason has little to do with football. It would set a nice example and remind kids that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Carufel and Royston learned this lesson as well.

Hey, be fare...just cause he don't no good grammer.

Top Bottom