SaundersFraschilla/Knight

Now I'm listening to as*hole Barreiro right now praising Knight because the game wasn't worth paying attention to. Smart ass sidekick agrees. Barreiro does this after stating he didn't watch it. Gaard goes, "It was a different twist. I enjoyed it."

No acknowledgement of the dementia moments about 7 or 8 seconds in the air, lay-up not being a shot attempt, one foot on the floor, etc. Gopher Hole is definitely a prime source for them. I know he's trolling for responses but I'd like to punch the pathetic bastard right through the radio. Yes, I mean you, Uncle Festus. Know you'll be checking on us.

I wouldn't throw out Fran with the other two. He was like the one guy on the work crew who wanted to work but was not allowed to because the other two were sauced. His performance review should include a gallant effort to work with unprepared peers.

I agree with Holy Man.

I'll give Fraschilla a pass, he's usually a real pro, but sometimes I think the guys working with Knight are so intent on sucking up to him that they forget they're there to do a game. Knight needs to quit his analyst job, just like he quit on his last Texas Tech team.

Well, I feel silly now for wanting to punch someone through the radio but some of these schticks are so bad. Barreiro starts out his show today with outrage, real or made up, over some comment about our weather in the paper and he just slides into making fun of Gopher fans for over-reacting with his usual sarcasm about the Gophers. Then he's just had Norwood on and you can hear Dan's lips smacking over the radio.

I like Fraschilla also although last night his responses just played into Knight's ego.

There is a contact us place on bottom of espn's home page. I sent a very polite (maybe) (prob not) (ok not polite) review of Bob K's performance. Told them everyone in MN would be listening to their radios thursday night if that dickwad was announcing.
farmboy

For the record, Austin Hollins never established both feet inbounds after coming from out of bounds. It should have been FSU ball. The ref was so busy cleaning up his pants from the accident he had as the ball was coming his way he never even saw it. Now, you would think if you were a good sports broadcaster you would mention that tidbit and possibly discuss that for 5 full minutes.

You would think they would have done their homework to realize the significance of the minutes Oto played. Never once did I hear about that whole backstory... Had to go to gopherhole to get the inside scoop.

Nevertheless, why isn't Dan Dakich doing the color commenting. By far the best college basketball commentator.

Well said. I am not a Dakich fan but still well said. I thought they would look back and say it was SMU ball as Austin didn't establish both feet inbounds.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

7:00 p.m. on ESPN: NIT Championship
SMU vs. Minnesota
ESPN TV announcers: John Saunders, Fran Fraschilla, Bob Knight
Westwood One radio announcers: John Tautges, Kelly Tripucka

I hope they bring a slide projector and white screen this time. It will make the stories of Knights coaching days at Army much better if it can include black and white slides.

They ought to do the slide show / home movie presentation on TV with the game in a box in the corner. I'm only half kidding on this one.

If I ever hear the name Tara Vanderveer again It will be way too soon.

Well, I feel silly now for wanting to punch someone through the radio but some of these schticks are so bad. Barreiro starts out his show today with outrage, real or made up, over some comment about our weather in the paper and he just slides into making fun of Gopher fans for over-reacting with his usual sarcasm about the Gophers. Then he's just had Norwood on and you can hear Dan's lips smacking over the radio.

I like Fraschilla also although last night his responses just played into Knight's ego.

At least Dan Cole admits he just throws the same tired schtick out there every day. Barreiro washes it off in the evening and tries to pass it off as new material the next day.

They ought to do the slide show / home movie presentation on TV with the game in a box in the corner. I'm only half kidding on this one.

That would certainly be an accurate representation of what the announcers are focused on.

I thought John Saunders was the Sports Reporters host and nothing else. I've never seen him announce a basketball game before and it showed. Bob Knight has clearly gone downhill recently in the mental department. It's like AggieVision, I can't tell if I never want it to happen again or if I can't get enough of it.

Nothing is like AggieVision.

"Gotta wonder if the Gophers will try and foul here" -announcers (with about 20 seconds left in the first half and Florida State in the double bonus).

Why can't we get Gus Johnson for the game tonight? Just have him do all the announcing and pay him what you would pay those three chuckleheads. Gus could get me pumped about a snail crossing the road.

Really surprised this thread hasn't popped back to life. Army, Maravich, and ball fake.

ESPN must have told Bobby to lay off the whiskey/coke...

Top Bottom