SaundersFraschilla/Knight

Miles Tarver

Reaction score
hzYLDBY.jpg

Yeah, how about congratulate the winning team instead of ranting for 45 seconds about how MN should have fouled..... among other things.

I new low in the history of tv sports broadcasting.

Saturday Night Live couldn't have done a better job satirizing broadcasters.

They went on for 5 minutes about the ball hitting the ref and whether or not it should have been gopher ball. Then the endless talking about fouling.

Knight is the worst...every damn statement starts with, "When I was coaching I would....."

And the only people to miss more calls on the floor than the refs were those three idiots.

Unwatchable.

I'm mostly ok with Bob just being Bob, but it got well out of hand when the other two announcers kept encouraging him and playing into his stupid yarn-spinning garbage. Bob Knight should only be brought in once every 5-7min to make a comment and then just turn his mic off the rest of the time.

Worst announcing I've ever seen. Hopefully there's a better cast for the finals.

Do you guys ever have those moments when you jump onto wikipedia to look something up like see how big Missoula, Montana is for whatever reason, then an hour later you're reading about the Russo-Persian War in 1804, and you wonder "how the hell did I get here"?

That's what it felt like with the announcers tonight.

I'm going go outside with my basketball and stop watch. Thanks Coach Knight.

Instant classic. I look forward to seeing this on Big Ten's Greatest Games on Sunday.

They went on for 5 minutes about the ball hitting the ref and whether or not it should have been gopher ball. Then the endless talking about fouling.

Knight is the worst...every damn statement starts with, "When I was coaching I would....."

And the only people to miss more calls on the floor than the refs were those three idiots.

Unwatchable.

Hilarious.

I came to the basketball board before going to bed simply to see if there were any threads on the epic announcing disaster. My wife prepped more for this game than they did, and then she didn't watch it either.

I'm going to research if a referee needs to establish himself inbounds in order to be considered eligible to affect a ball bounced off him.

I'm going to research if a referee needs to establish himself inbounds in order to be considered eligible to affect a ball bounced off him.

I believe it depends on if the ball was intentionally thrown out of bounds to waste time or not.

Moot point, dammit! The ball didn't feel like it had been shot, so the whole sequence is rendered inert.

Top Bottom