Ryan Burns on Kaden Johnson

That's a weird prediction....

Burns pull some weird stuff out at times from what I can tell.

Like that guy you chat up at games and he busts out something about some qa coach or something like .... who knows these things / i'm not sure they're real.
Exactly right but the guy you chat up at games isn't charging fans for that information. I realize you, of all die hard fans get that.

Just something for all of us to consider.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Same as the guy in southern MN that went to Iowa, taking a guess.

Was stringing is along, Fleck put a make or break on the table, to see if he was serious, and he declined, so we moved on. I like that move. I don’t like kids playing games.
Black was offered and given 3 days to commit.

Johnson was offered by Gophers in March of his sophomore year and was still being recruited into his senior year.

They are decidedly not the same.

Illogical Take #1: WI signed Kaden Johnson would of spite to the Gophers.
Illogical Take #2: KJ did not have a commitable offer from the Badgers.

So if if Ryan Burns is the source of the rumor: He was trying to use one illogical take (the Badgers signed him last minute out of spite) to cover up a previous illogical take (KJ didn't have a commitable offer).

If not Ryan Burns, someone else has a horrendous take (WI only signed him out of spite).

Get this - - no one wanted him anymore, YET, the Badgers thought it would piss us off if they signed him.

If you believe the quotes from the Wisconsin coaches on signing day, they wanted Johnson all along and were visiting him to seal the deal at the same time he was supposedly a "lock" for Nebraska. The notion the Badgers would take someone they did not like with very limited scholarships available to spite another program is absurd, as stated above.

The Badgers don't recruit players based on rankings. If that is not clear by now, nothing is.

If you believe the quotes from the Wisconsin coaches on signing day, they wanted Johnson all along and were visiting him to seal the deal at the same time he was supposedly a "lock" for Nebraska. The notion the Badgers would take someone they did not like with very limited scholarships available to spite another program is absurd, as stated above.

The Badgers don't recruit players based on rankings. If that is not clear by now, nothing is.

I feel like every school could say that. Nobody JUST looks at a ranking and goes crooting, they always put in their own time looking at the player.

He did say that (or something similar). He makes fun of himself for it now. I'm not a huge RB fan (not anti-RB either), but will listen to his podcasts during the season (I like listening to Derrick Burns when he is on). He does a fine job, IMO. I'm not gonna condemn him for having a poor prediction on a player. I think we can all relate to that.

Samsies

Well played. Plato is less offensive then a lot of trolls that lurk around opposing teams message boards but he is clearly a Badger fan with no interest in Gopher football other then to take shots and talk up his Badgers.
I spent more years enrolled at MN than most of you, my wife got her degree at MN, my son got his MBA at MN, my daughter got her law degree at MN and the older grand daughter is enriolled at MN.
I am not a kool aid drinker but have an objective point of view that seems to irritate the true believers.

Shut up.

I spent more years enrolled at MN than most of you, my wife got her degree at MN, my son got his MBA at MN, my daughter got her law degree at MN and the older grand daughter is enriolled at MN.
I am not a kool aid drinker but have an objective point of view that seems to irritate the true believers.

Where are you posting these objective posts? And for that matter, what kool-aid are we all drinking at this point? Fleck just led the team to an 11 win season, that would strike me as pretty strong proof that he knows what the hell he is doing.

If you are not a Badger fan lurking around a Gopher Football message board then you need to take a hard look at what you are posting because you are completely coming off that way, and I am not the only person picking that up from your posts.

I think most people here view Burns' story as fishy. No need to be defensive on this one.

I spent more years enrolled at MN than most of you.

Do tell. How many years were you "enrolled"? What was your major? Year of graduation?

Johnson wanted to commit earlier in his grandmother’s b-day. Not sure why it was delayed. (Cue Barkers Mom jokes). MA is a me first school. EP just pounded a talented group of individuals on the b-ball court. He may turn out to be really good and I wish him the best. Not a loss that will impact our future l.

I think most people here view Burns' story as fishy. No need to be defensive on this one.
On the contrary, Burns story seems very credible based on Johnson’s direct quotes. I don’t think I’ve ever heard a recruit before say that they were glad a team held a spot for them. The fact that he said it strongly implies that he wasn’t sure they were going to hold a spot for him and that another team didn’t.

On the contrary, Burns story seems very credible based on Johnson’s direct quotes. I don’t think I’ve ever heard a recruit before say that they were glad a team held a spot for them. The fact that he said it strongly implies that he wasn’t sure they were going to hold a spot for him and that another team didn’t.

Huh?

Burns' story is that WI didn't want him but then only wanted him to spite the Gophers. So do you think WI leaves a wildcard spite opening in every one of their classes?

You tend to believe his quote and his quote is that WI held a spot open for him. That seems credible (it was open in time for his last minute decision). You don't hold a spot open for someone you're not interested in.

He signed with them. The spot was open. He was thankful that the spot was open. How in the world could you jump to the idea that the spot wasn't open but they opened it out of spite?

JG - I know you've been hoodwinked by Burns a lot. I know it really hurt your feelings a few months ago when he laughed at you for believing Burns when he said "KJ doesn't have a commitable offer from WI", doubling down on this horrendous take is not going to look good.

You got fooled by Burns. It's ok. It's happened to a lot of Gopher fans.

Huh?

Burns' story is that WI didn't want him but then only wanted him to spite the Gophers. So do you think WI leaves a wildcard spite opening in every one of their classes?

You tend to believe his quote and his quote is that WI held a spot open for him. That seems credible (it was open in time for his last minute decision). You don't hold a spot open for someone you're not interested in.

He signed with them. The spot was open. He was thankful that the spot was open. How in the world could you jump to the idea that the spot wasn't open but they opened it out of spite?

JG - I know you've been hoodwinked by Burns a lot. I know it really hurt your feelings a few months ago when he laughed at you for believing Burns when he said "KJ doesn't have a commitable offer from WI", doubling down on this horrendous take is not going to look good.

You got fooled by Burns. It's ok. It's happened to a lot of Gopher fans.
Are you psychotic?

Same as the guy in southern MN that went to Iowa, taking a guess.

Was stringing is along, Fleck put a make or break on the table, to see if he was serious, and he declined, so we moved on. I like that move. I don’t like kids playing games.

They are teenagers trying to make one of the biggest decisions of their lives. Maybe they are playing games, but that's OK because PJ Fleck and Paul Chryst make millions and can suck it up and deal with it. To me it seems dumber for a grown-ass man making millions to be giving ultimatums to a teenager than it does for the kid to be playing games.

Exactly right but the guy you chat up at games isn't charging fans for that information. I realize you, of all die hard fans get that.

Just something for all of us to consider.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
Charging a ton too. One dollar a month.

Top Bottom