Russell Wilson To Sconnie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's good, evidently sufficiently smart to have already graduated, played in a pro-style system under Tom O'Brien at NCSU and damned near every Wolfpack fan I've read speaks of his humble, well-spoken demeanor.

He wouldn't have to generate the same numbers as he did in Raleigh-just the same effectiveness. It's really always about the efficiency of a Q.B. anyway. If we run well, Wilson will have ample opportunity to pass effectively.

Chryst has a complex system but he's had a similarly skilled Q.B. in the past with Tyler Donovan. Chryst would also likely have to dumb-down his offense a tad for any first-year starter-including Budmayer. Biggest question is when Wilson could arrive in Madison

... or arrive in Auburn or Asheville, right?

It will. He wouldn't lead the league in passing yardage, but contrary to what many here think, we still throw the ball a little bit. We had more passing yards than rushing yards last year.

We don't need him to throw for 3500 yds. We need him to complete 65% of his passes, and limit the turnovers. The biggest question everyone has is, 'Can he learn the offense in time?'. Smart kid from a family that really values education. 3 year D1 starter, and has already graduated from NC St. I'm quite confident he can come in and pick things up quickly.

"Can he learn the offense in time?"

If he knows left from right and has hand offs perfected he will have learned all he needs to know.

"Can he learn the offense in time?"

If he knows left from right and has hand offs perfected he will have learned all he needs to know.

I'm sure Texas threw millions of dollars at Paul Chryst because he just hands it off left and right.

With such a simple offense you'd think the Gophers would actually be able to win a game here and there.

I'm sure Texas threw millions of dollars at Paul Chryst because he just hands it off left and right.

With such a simple offense you'd think the Gophers would actually be able to win a game here and there.

6 vs. 0 in National Championships

Minnesota has more B10 titles than becky

Minnesota leads the overall series vs. becky

F becky, and go to your own board.

lee-corso1.jpg

6 vs. 0 in National Championships

Minnesota has more B10 titles than becky

Minnesota leads the overall series vs. becky

F becky, and go to your own board.

Hear, hear, old bean!

Where do these Johnny-Come-Latelys get off comparing themselves to football powerhouses like us? Now, of course, it doesn't need to be said that even Minnesota can't hold a candle to Old Nassau, but your 6 championships are quite respectable. Merely an average decade for us, but not too shabby.

Cheerio,
Archie

I actually thought that was sort of a compliment to the Badgers. They are able to have a really good offense and it is relatively simple. I think every coach in the country would like to be able to do what Bucky is able to do by simply running the ball down people's throats most games.

Guess what, when you have a dominating running game...it's a little easier and less complicated for the QB. That is a fact.

But I probably shouldn't be actually talking football with a Badger fan who posts on an exclusively Gopher sports message board.

Wisconsin is the clear favorite to win the Leaders Division now with Wilson. They are a legit national title contender this year.

Well, there goes the Axe again. Not that we had a chance anyway, but with an inexperienced QB at least you never know.

Wisconsin is the clear favorite to win the Leaders Division now with Wilson. They are a legit national title contender this year.

Huh?

Legit N C? April Fools in June?

Wisconsin SUCKS!!! They sucked before him and they will suck with him! Badgers the favorites...I am LMAO with that. What will make this season more sweet is that we will whoop that Badger @$$ with Wilson on the team. Wisconsin, Joke of a state!

Huh?

Legit N C? April Fools in June?

Yes, they are a legit national title contender. QB was their biggest question mark, now they have one of the best QB's in the country. I hate them as much as you do, but take off your maroon and gold colored glasses for once.

He might, but it wouldn't be based off his own experience. He arrived at Auburn in January, not fall camp.

Don't let facts get in your way though.

I would argue that Wilson's 3-years of D1 football experience exceeds Cam's 1-year on the bench at Florida and 2-years of Juco and will negate Cam's spring football advantage.

Keep in mind the basketball player from Duke (forget his name) who transferred into Syracuse started against the gophers in the opener and threw for TD, had never played college football and hadn't played any football since highschool. He didn't play spring football either.

This is HUGE for Wisconsin. Nobody is asking this kid to throw for 3000 yds and 20+ td's (something he has already done on several occasions). All he needs to do is hit the open receiver on 3rd and short or a play action pass. Forget the conference....he should be the best Qb Wisconsin has had this century. And that's pretty scary when you consider what Wisconsin has done without a Qb of his stature. The Qb position is no longer a question mark for Wisconsin.

Wisconsin plays a cream buff nonconference schedule every year.....plenty of time for this kid to play himself into familiarity with their playbook.

With that being said....they will still leave TCF without the axe.:cool02:

Yes, they are a legit national title contender. QB was their biggest question mark, now they have one of the best QB's in the country. I hate them as much as you do, but take off your maroon and gold colored glasses for once.

Your sconnie heritage is showing.

sconnie has two chances to win a N C-NONE and NONER

A national title contender with 11 total returning players, a new qb and an unproven Offensive line? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAAHHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

Get through the B1G First. Plus then there's always the SEC and Oklahoma to contend with. Good Luck and get off our site.

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHHAAHAHAH

We're pretty excited. This takes our weakest position and makes it, at a minimum, not a weak link. Lots of things can happen in a season, but Wilson looks like a really decent kid who is thrilled to be at Wisconsin. He said he likes the coaches and the fact that the UW system is similar to NC State. Our season looks brighter with this signing.

Big question is what's his graduate school major?

A national title contender with 11 total returning players, a new qb and an unproven Offensive line? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAAHHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

Get through the B1G First. Plus then there's always the SEC and Oklahoma to contend with. Good Luck and get off our site.

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHHAAHAHAH

There's nothing want to see less than the badgers in the national championship game. But it's a very reasonable possibility. They'll be one of the best teams in the Big Ten, and they have exactly the style of offense (and defense) that would allow them to keep a game close and give them a punchers chance against a better SEC or Big 12 team.

Anything less than a BCS title game for UW this year should be a major disappointment for all Badger fans That is now where the bar should be set and how we measure whether they meet expectations or underachieve.

Go Gophers!!

Anything less than a BCS title game for UW this year should be a major disappointment for all Badger fans That is now where the bar should be set and how we measure whether they meet expectations or underachieve.

Go Gophers!!

Nice try, Bleed! I would be happy with the B1G title game.

Wisconsin may have some issues to contend with, but, at hard as it is to admit, they have four returning o-lineman who have a legitimate chance to be all-conference in Peter Konz, Kevin Zeitler, Ricky Wagner, and Travis Frederick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom