Russell Wilson To Sconnie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this from an Iowa fan (shudder) Russell Wilsons's passer efficiency at NC State would have placed him 10th among the Big Ten (Including Nebraska) starters from last year.

And A little game for everyone:
Name these two QB's (HINT: one is Russell Wilson) based on their 2010 numbers

QB-A
Yards: 2679
Yards Per Attempt: 7.28
Completion %: 55.7%
TD / INT Ratio: 2.22
Rating: 129.9
Sacks: 17
Rushing Yards / Attempt: 3.0
Rushing TD: 0

QB-B (Hint: This one is Russell)
Yards: 3563
Yards Per Attempt: 6.76
Completion %: 58.4%
TD / INT Ratio: 2.00
Rating: 127.5
Sacks: 39
Rushing Yards / Attempt: 3.04
Rushing TD: 9

The two have pretty comparable numbers. Anyone want to guess who QB A is? Hint: Wisconsin fans would NOT be happy to have him on their team. I would guess.

Cam Newton's 1-year on the bench included learning from Urban Meyer and Tim Tebow, but I am sure that doesn't matter. Playing 2 years of JUCO ball also doesn't count as football experience? Cam never took any time off of being on and training for a football team.

So throwing one TD against a below-average Gophers team means you are a quality QB? Paulus Syracus numbers:

Completion: 67.7%
TD: 13
INT: 14

Maybe spring football would have helped with the INT's or was South Florida's defense just that good?

Wilson is so good he was able to enter the draft after 3 of the best college football seasons ever in the history of college football seasons while at NC State, and be selected ahead of Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker, Cam Newton ... oh wait, that didn't happen? Got it.

Apparently Adam Rittenburg wears the "Maroon and gold colored glasses" too

That ESPN, HUGE Minnesota homers. sheesh. Won't even give the Badgers the big ten title yet, let alone the NC. What a bunch of pricks! :mad:

http://dennis-dodd.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/30283140

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1082713.html

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...ifices-baseball-green-goodwi?urn=ncaaf-wp3046

Here are a few articles with an opposing view to yours. I agree that it doesn't make us an undisputed leader in the Big Ten, but Wisconsin is definitely Top 4 in the conference, and likely top 2, with Nebraska, going into the season. Additionally, any time you go into the season as a top 10-15 team, like Wisconsin will be, you are definitely a legit NC possibility. Look at the preseason rankings for the two teams in the NCG last year: Auburn (22,23) and Oregon (11,11).

I would say Alabama, LSU, FSU, and Oklahoma are the clear front runners nationally. In fact, I would say the winners of the FSU/Oklahoma and the LSU/Bama games are my picks to meet in the NC. That being said, LSU still plays Oregon, Bama is at Penn State, and LSU and Bama still have to go through the SEC, so there are plenty of ways for Boise State, Oregon, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Stanford, (throw in a other tier two teams like Okie State and Arkansas) to find their way into the NC game if things break right.

A national title contender with 11 total returning players, a new qb and an unproven Offensive line? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAAHHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

Get through the B1G First. Plus then there's always the SEC and Oklahoma to contend with. Good Luck and get off our site.
HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHHAAHAHAH

Do you truly believe that QB and offensive line are weaknesses for Wisconsin this year? Let's start with the QB. He will be a 4 year starter who has put up huge numbers in his career and is one of the top QB's in the country.

Offensive line: one of the best if not the best line in the Big Ten, one of the top offensive lines in the country.

And I'm a lifelong Gopher fan you moron. The fact that you think I'm a Wisconsin fan simply because I think they'll be great this year is ridiculous.

Saw this from an Iowa fan (shudder) Russell Wilsons's passer efficiency at NC State would have placed him 10th among the Big Ten (Including Nebraska) starters from last year.

QB-A

The two have pretty comparable numbers. Anyone want to guess who QB A is? Hint: Wisconsin fans would NOT be happy to have him on their team. I would guess.

You creatively left out passing touchdowns.

Also, if Adam Weber had played for Wisconsin he'd have won 30+ games in four years. He was a better player than his Gopher stats imply.

No one cares what you think troll.

You clearly do not understand what trolling is; providing facts to back up a legitimate opinion goes against everything trolling stands for.

I haven't said one negative thing about Jerry Kill, Gopher athletics, or Minnesota in general. I grew up in the Twin Cities and I currently work in Minneapolis. I will be working on my MBA at the Carlson School of Business in the Fall.

I'm not a Gopher fan. I'm a Wisconsin fan. I have an interest in your program for several reasons. I enjoy discussing sports. Discussing sports with only like-minded people is boring. That is why I'm here. I'm am not here to troll you.

You clearly do not understand what trolling is; providing facts to back up an legitimate opinion goes against everything trolling stands for.

I haven't said one negative thing about Jerry Kill, Gopher athletics, or Minnesota in general. I grew up in the Twin Cities and I currently work in Minneapolis. I will be working on my MBA at the Carlson School of Business in the Fall.

I'm not a Gopher fan. I'm a Wisconsin fan. I have an interest in your program for several reasons. I enjoy talking about sports. Discussing sports with only like minded people is boring. That is why I'm here. I'm am not here to troll you.

CrocShots has proven his stupidity in this thread, don't even try to reason with him. Anyone who thinks Wisconsin is the favorite in the Big Ten this year is a Badger troll, even if they've been a lifelong Gopher fan. All you need to know is he thinks QB and offensive line are weaknesses for Wisconsin this year, so that tells you the level of stupidity you're dealing with here.

one of the top QB's in the country

One of the top QB's what? His dog? His house?

Assuming you meant "one of the top QBs in the country", what planet are you from? In what solar system is the 2nd-team All-Conference QB in the 4th-rated conference in the country "one of the top QB's [sic] in the country"?

This link (randomly Googled) per NFLDraftScout.com shows Wilson as the #23 QB prospect for the 2012 NFL Draft. Keep in mind that this list includes only Sr./RS Sr. QBs. If underclassmen were included (Andrew Luck, Landry Jones, Matt Barkley, Tyler Bray, Aaron Murray, Jake Heaps, etc., etc.), he would obviously be much lower, probably in the high 40s to low 50s range. But yup, "one of the top QB's [sic] in the country." Settle down. He's solid, no doubt, and is better than anyone they had on their roster. I'm sure he'll be just fine for your Madison squad, you little closet Badger you.

CrocShots has proven his stupidity in this thread, don't even try to reason with him. Anyone who thinks Wisconsin is the favorite in the Big Ten this year is a Badger troll, even if they've been a lifelong Gopher fan. All you need to know is he thinks QB and offensive line are weaknesses for Wisconsin this year, so that tells you the level of stupidity you're dealing with here.

I can understand arguments saying our QB position could still be a weakness, but not the O-line.

All five of our projected starters have started at least four games.

Four of our starters have started at least 10 games.

The other starter, Travis Frederick, is the only player in history to start at center in a season opener as a true freshman for Wisconsin. He redshirted last year because of our depth. He also squats over 700 pounds and was named #2 on Feldman's workout warriors list, only behind Alabama's RB, Trent Richardson, who is a complete freak.

Peter Konz, our center, is ranked as the #1 center in his draft class.

It doesn't add up. I think there will be a slight drop-off from last year, but the line could also be better than last year. To say it is a weakness is simply outrageous.

One of the top QB's what? His dog? His house?

Assuming you meant "one of the top QBs in the country", what planet are you from? In what solar system is the 2nd-team All-Conference QB in the 4th-rated conference in the country "one of the top QB's [sic] in the country"?

This link (randomly Googled) per NFLDraftScout.com shows Wilson as the #23 QB prospect for the 2012 NFL Draft. Keep in mind that this list includes only Sr./RS Sr. QBs. If underclassmen were included (Andrew Luck, Landry Jones, Matt Barkley, Tyler Bray, Aaron Murray, Jake Heaps, etc., etc.), he would obviously be much lower, probably in the high 40s to low 50s range. But yup, "one of the top QB's [sic] in the country." Settle down. He's solid, no doubt, and is better than anyone they had on their roster. I'm sure he'll be just fine for your Madison squad, you little closet Badger you.

What does the NFL have to do with ANYTHING were talking about? Do you think that Gino Toretta, Charlie Ward, and Andre Ware were bad QB's just because they couldn't play in the NFL? They all won Heisman's. Again, what does the NFL have to do with this? Russell Wilson was 2nd in voting last year for ACC player of the year. If you don't believe he's one of the top QB's in the country you have never seen him play.

What does the NFL have to do with ANYTHING were talking about? Do you think that Gino Toretta, Charlie Ward, and Andre Ware were bad QB's just because they couldn't play in the NFL? They all won Heisman's. Again, what does the NFL have to do with this? Russell Wilson was 2nd in voting last year for ACC player of the year. If you don't believe he's one of the top QB's in the country you have never seen him play.

It is merely a guideline. By no means is it absolute, but instructive as to how he is viewed by professional scouts. And yes, I have seen him play multiple times. He is a good, solid college QB. Nothing more, nothing less. He is not very accurate, has thrown more and more picks with each successive year, and is not very mobile. Actually, he was probably better as a freshman than he was as a junior. He put up big yardage and TD numbers last year because NC St. threw the ball 40 times a game. Big deal. And, frankly, he's not even a very good fit for what the Vadgers need for their offense. They need an accurate QB who can run sometimes in the flow of the system, and scramble for yards as needed. Tolzien was about as perfect as one can get for their offensive style, which is a big reason why their offense was nearly unstoppable last year. And Wilson is basically a polar opposite of Tolzien in almost every respect.

And yes, I don't believe that he's one of the top "QB's" [sic] in the country. In fact, I know that he certainly is not. You bring up "Toretta" [sic], Ward, and Ware as though Wilson has any basis for comparison to them whatsoever. As college QBs, Wilson can't even hold any of their jocks. As you mentioned, all won the Heisman, and Torretta and Ware were both drafted (#7 overall in Ware's case). Ward would have been drafted had he not chosen to pursue the NBA, where he was a 1st-round draft pick. The closest Wilson is getting to the Heisman or being drafted into the NFL is if he goes to either ceremony and sits in the crowd.

And, remind us again - why does a Gopher fan care so much about what other Gopher fans think of Wisconsin's QB?

Since we've now got an infestation of badger here, I'll throw out my thoughts on the new overlord QB joining the Big Ten.

It doesn't change your team that much.
You'll still be able to put up points, run the ball, hit the open receiver on the odd 3rd down.

I still think your pass rush will suffer without Watt and you'll struggle to replace some very clutch/smart players like Gilreath, Sorenson, Kendricks, Valai, and even Clay and yes, even Tolzien.

Also, the 39 sacks Wilson took last year cannot simply be a horrid O-line, he's obviously an out of the pocket guy who looks to extend/make a play. I see that leading to more 3rd and long situations taking the ball away from the running game which is why you won so many games last year.

It is merely a guideline. By no means is it absolute, but instructive as to how he is viewed by professional scouts. And yes, I have seen him play multiple times. He is a good, solid college QB. Nothing more, nothing less. He is not very accurate, has thrown more and more picks with each successive year, and is not very mobile. Actually, he was probably better as a freshman than he was as a junior. He put up big yardage and TD numbers last year because NC St. threw the ball 40 times a game. Big deal. And, frankly, he's not even a very good fit for what the Vadgers need for their offense. They need an accurate QB who can run sometimes in the flow of the system, and scramble for yards as needed. Tolzien was about as perfect as one can get for their offensive style, which is a big reason why their offense was nearly unstoppable last year. And Wilson is basically a polar opposite of Tolzien in almost every respect.

And yes, I don't believe that he's one of the top "QB's" [sic] in the country. In fact, I know that he certainly is not. You bring up "Toretta" [sic], Ward, and Ware as though Wilson has any basis for comparison to them whatsoever. As college QBs, Wilson can't even hold any of their jocks. As you mentioned, all won the Heisman, and Torretta and Ware were both drafted (#7 overall in Ware's case). Ward would have been drafted had he not chosen to pursue the NBA, where he was a 1st-round draft pick. The closest Wilson is getting to the Heisman or being drafted into the NFL is if he goes to either ceremony and sits in the crowd.

And, remind us again - why does a Gopher fan care so much about what other Gopher fans think of Wisconsin's QB?

Russel Wilson is much more than a solid QB according to the vast majority of people out there. He was the entire team for NCSU last year. There O-line was the worst in the ACC; he got sacked 39 times last year, 4th most in CFB. They had absolutely no run game. He had to do everything, which explains both the low completion percentage and the high number of TD throws. It works both ways Dpodoll. He's a special player. Whether he is special for UW remains to be seen, but if you talk to anyone who actually watched the ACC last year, he was one of five best offensive players in their league, hands down.

Here is a link to Rivals' QB power rankings at the end of last season, I've seen you reference them before:
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/viewcfse.asp?sid=1144&cs_key=2707
He's right there at #12 in Rivals' rankings. Six of the QB's that are ranked ahead of him are gone. That puts him at #6 amongst current NCAA QB's.

He's a very intelligent kid, holding a 4.0 GPA in the NCST business school, and he graduated in three years while playing two division one sports. He will be asked to manage the game, and he will adjust accordingly. His TD's and yards accumulated will decrease, but his efficiency, completion % and QB rating will go up dramatically in my opinion.

Hey, it's the nerdy vadger fan turned hipster after attending UW and needing to fit in. How's it going? Still a big DMB fan? Got any Bob Marley posters?

I have no idea why we're talking Badger football on a Gopher website, nor why we are giving them any sort of praise whatsoever. I hope the lose every game, in every sport, every year. I only know hate for rivals.

That's my opinion.

Hey, it's the nerdy vadger fan turned hipster after attending UW and needing to fit in. How's it going? Still a big DMB fan? Got any Bob Marley posters?

WTF? I hate Wisconsin more than anyone on this board.

It's amazing how childish people on this site are. NEWSFLASH: As much as I hate this, everyone and their grandma expects Wisconsin to be one of the favorites in the Big Ten this year and one of about 10-15 schools that are NC contenders.

That would be cool. He certainly has all the tools to be a solid college baseball player. I hope he is considering it.

I don't think he is an ammature in baseball anymore as he's played professionally? Or does baseball use a different system? Not sure.

You creatively left out passing touchdowns.

Also, if Adam Weber had played for Wisconsin he'd have won 30+ games in four years. He was a better player than his Gopher stats imply.

I "creativity" left out INT's too. I lumped it into touchdowns per interception to make life easier for Wisconsin fans to understand. While, yes, Wilson threw more touchdowns he did it while also throwing more interceptions. That's the beauty of ratios, they simplify things. Do you not need even a HS degree for Madison anymore?

Here, maybe this is a good explanation. You know that Jordan Taylor guy the badgers know so much about. See. They say he's the best PG in the big ten due to his Assist to turnover RATIO being best in the big ten. (even tho darius Morris averaged more assists) see, helpful little things ratios are.

badgerfans

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4r7wHMg5Yjg?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4r7wHMg5Yjg?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
russell wilson doesn't give a sh1t

That would be cool. He certainly has all the tools to be a solid college baseball player. I hope he is considering it.

Since when does Wisky even have a baseball program?? If you're a Badger fan, how do you explain yourself out of this one??

I "creativity" left out INT's too. I lumped it into touchdowns per interception to make life easier for Wisconsin fans to understand. While, yes, Wilson threw more touchdowns he did it while also throwing more interceptions. That's the beauty of ratios, they simplify things. Do you not need even a HS degree for Madison anymore?

Here, maybe this is a good explanation. You know that Jordan Taylor guy the badgers know so much about. See. They say he's the best PG in the big ten due to his Assist to turnover RATIO being best in the big ten. (even tho darius Morris averaged more assists) see, helpful little things ratios are.

So would a player who throws for five TD's & one interception be as valuable as a player who throws for thirty five TD's and seven interceptions in your strange world? Ratios.

RW threw 40% more TD's than Adam Weber last year and throwing and running accounted for 85% more TD's than Weber.

QB-A

This is one of the dumbest and most pointless comparison's I've ever seen.

This is one of the dumbest and most pointless comparison's I've ever seen.

Why do have such an erection over this 5'10 pgymy? All he will do is hand off and throw on 3rd down. The only reason he will play because the other BADger qb's are terrible.

I hate the Badgers, The Wolverines, and The Hawkeyes. They all suck, Wilson will suck, Robinson will suck, and whoever the Hawkeyes qb will suck. I see Minnesota sweeping all of them this year. So you can suck on that!!! So long gay boys!!!

With all the talk about the Badgers winning the national championship, all I can say is high expectations lead to high disappointments. One loss, just one, & the badgers are a failure. Heaven forbid that the loss comes from a creampuff OOC opponent, or the likes of Indiana, Purdue, or Minnesota.
Nothing would be sweeter than the Gophers ripping the Axe from Becky, and their lofty NC aspirations in one fell swoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom