Royce White to visit Iowa State on Weds.

To all those who say that there is no way Royce will sit a year and then play basketball: what are his alternatives?

It may seem unlikely that he sits a year, but to capitalize on his great basketball skills which have the potential to bring him millions of dollars, he has very few options and sitting a year in college is the easiest one.

He has a couple alternatives. He could go the JC route and then go back to D1 basketball after two years, or he could play in Europe. Do what Brandon Jennings did and go to the pros after.
For those who criticize Royce for possibly playing for another team because he said he wouldn't. That is just dumb. So he buried his own grave with the gophers. Good, Great, Super. thats done with. So he should just say "well looks like im giving up my future since i told gopher nation i wouldnt play for another D1 team." NO WAY. He needs to go to another college out of state. And this goes beyond basketball. This is for his LIFE. He needs to get away from his "friends" and start over somewhere else. Sure i would of loved to see him player here! I was so pumped when he commited, but the fact of the matter is he won't. If and when he plays for another D1 team I will wish the best for him. If you guys want to hold a grudge towards a 18/19 year old kid cause he made a few mistakes and stuff didnt pan out. fine do it. But thats really not the right thing to do.

He has a couple alternatives. He could go the JC route and then go back to D1 basketball after two years, or he could play in Europe. Do what Brandon Jennings did and go to the pros after.
For those who criticize Royce for possibly playing for another team because he said he wouldn't. That is just dumb. So he buried his own grave with the gophers. Good, Great, Super. thats done with. So he should just say "well looks like im giving up my future since i told gopher nation i wouldnt play for another D1 team." NO WAY. He needs to go to another college out of state. And this goes beyond basketball. This is for his LIFE. He needs to get away from his "friends" and start over somewhere else. Sure i would of loved to see him player here! I was so pumped when he commited, but the fact of the matter is he won't. If and when he plays for another D1 team I will wish the best for him. If you guys want to hold a grudge towards a 18/19 year old kid cause he made a few mistakes and stuff didnt pan out. fine do it. But thats really not the right thing to do.

I dont now dislike Royce for his mistakes, or for his saying hed never play for another school. that doesnt matter to me.

I dislike Royce because he is 18, but acts like he is 3. His comments that this isnt a him thing, its all the school's fault. That he is sure hes getting all the NCAA waivers to play this season. that he wears an Iowa State shirt to a MN bball tourney, all just trying to get publicity. He is no longer a basketball player to me, he is a 3 year old attention hog who can't aknowledge his own mistakes. And until he does that, he won't be successful anywhere and it is pretty sad to see.

This is why the opinions towards Trevor Mbakwe and Royce White are so completely different. Both in similar situations, but one has a head on his shoulders and the other simply doesn't.

I mean even Ron Artest was able to at least PLAY basketball, even with his mental issues. Royce White is more of a headjob than Artest and Royce is someone i would have defended for hours just a few months ago. But it is clear now that he simply does not get it.

Blah, blah, blah, I am so tired of hearing about Royce's past (no offense to you, I am just so tired of it and tune out anytime anyone talks about his issues). I am talking about Royce's options moving forward starting now.

He could (and should) go to the NBDL for a year and then enter the Draft.

Here's your latest, "where the hell is Royce White alert"

Fox Sports Goodman, "Just spoke with Royce White's mother, Rebecca. Said Royce intends to play this year and Iowa State is under consideration. She said KY still in the mix."

Goodman comments, "I am not certain of the level of interest on Kentucky's end at this point in time on Royce White."

This is why the opinions towards Trevor Mbakwe and Royce White are so completely different. Both in similar situations, but one has a head on his shoulders and the other simply doesn't.

I mean even Ron Artest was able to at least PLAY basketball, even with his mental issues. Royce White is more of a headjob than Artest and Royce is someone i would have defended for hours just a few months ago. But it is clear now that he simply does not get it.

Royce is gonna be fine, but in my opinion he got shafted by Maturi. Why do you praise Trevor? He's likely a thug who beats up a woman who he couldn't have his way with. At least Royce faced the music on his charges while Trevor keeps delaying judgment day.

Royce White craves our attention. The more we give it to him, the more he craves it. This is all about Royce White, not the Gophers basketball program, Tubby, you and I as fans.

Lets not give it to him. Let him go to Ames, IA. The limelight is much more dim there. Careful what you wish for Royce.

Who cares what T-shirt he wore? These attacks on Royce are beyond ludicrous. Some people have to trash a young man to feel better about themselves. I don't feel sad for Royce but for those who need to attack him.

Gopherfish.. your a *******************. Racist ***** ignorant *****. Good thing ur hiding behind ur name on gopher hole.. come tell me in person how my fiance likes to beat women he can't have his way with. Odd.. been with him for 5 years n he never laid a finger on me. Nice try buddy

Gopherfish.. your a *******************. Racist ***** ignorant *****. Good thing ur hiding behind ur name on gopher hole.. come tell me in person how my fiance likes to beat women he can't have his way with. Odd.. been with him for 5 years n he never laid a finger on me. Nice try buddy

yesss get em.

Likely a thug who beat up a woman because you said so? Please tell me how Royce faced the music on his charges. Because it was on tape and he had no choice?

Royce is gonna be fine, but in my opinion he got shafted by Maturi. Why do you praise Trevor? He's likely a thug who beats up a woman who he couldn't have his way with. At least Royce faced the music on his charges while Trevor keeps delaying judgment day.

There you go playing the Race card. Sad, Sad, Sad. Obviously, you haven't read my prior posts on here as I have attacked Maturi who is white and supported Royce who is black. I talk up Ralph and diss Colton. Your grasping at straws. The problem I have with Trevor is that he isn't acting like he's innocent and there is a woman who has been beaten up saying she's 100% sure Trevor attacked her. I just don't see the motivation for a woman who has serious physical injuries to lie about who attacked her. By the way I used term "likely" as I am not certain that Trevor did it, but from what I have gleaned it makes it look "likely" that Trevor did it. If Trevor didn't do it, I want him cleared, but if he did it, he should be locked up.

There you go playing the Race card. Sad, Sad, Sad. Obviously, you haven't read my prior posts on here as I have attacked Maturi who is white and supported Royce who is black. I talk up Ralph and diss Colton. Your grasping at straws. The problem I have with Trevor is that he isn't acting like he's innocent and there is a woman who has been beaten up saying she's 100% sure Trevor attacked her. I just don't see the motivation for a woman who has serious physical injuries to lie about who attacked her. By the way I used term "likely" as I am not certain that Trevor did it, but from what I have gleaned it makes it look "likely" that Trevor did it. If Trevor didn't do it, I want him cleared, but if he did it, he should be locked up.

wrong move bud. Thats like his GF you're talking to. Quit now as you don't have the facts.

I called u racist bc you called him a thug. which is ridiculous if you know anything about trevor to say that. also.. for you to assume he is guilty because she said she is 100 percent. Take a frickin psych class. Memory is extremely fallible. Especially at 3 am. When ur coming home drunk. Also.. look at how many ppl are being let out of jail these days thanks to dna. And most of them were put there bc of wrong id. I'm not saying she is lying. I'm sure she is not. I'm sure she does believe 100 percent that trevor did it. That doesn't mean anything however. Did I even have to explain that? I thought that was common sense. Since when does someone saying someone did something mean they did it? Hahahaha. When this is over ill b sure to give u a shout out . Until then let's try to reopen the duke lacross case. Since the girl said they did it they must have. Oh and gopherfish.. you hit me. Ill go press charges now. Hopefully they convict you. Since I am 100 percent sure you did it. Like I said.. idiot.

So did this lady previous know TM, or was it a description accusation, or she knew who he was, but he did not know her? just curious

I called u racist bc you called him a thug. which is ridiculous if you know anything about trevor to say that. also.. for you to assume he is guilty because she said she is 100 percent. Take a frickin psych class. Memory is extremely fallible. Especially at 3 am. When ur coming home drunk. Also.. look at how many ppl are being let out of jail these days thanks to dna. And most of them were put there bc of wrong id. I'm not saying she is lying. I'm sure she is not. I'm sure she does believe 100 percent that trevor did it. That doesn't mean anything however. Did I even have to explain that? I thought that was common sense. Since when does someone saying someone did something mean they did it? Hahahaha. When this is over ill b sure to give u a shout out . Until then let's try to reopen the duke lacross case. Since the girl said they did it they must have. Oh and gopherfish.. you hit me. Ill go press charges now. Hopefully they convict you. Since I am 100 percent sure you did it. Like I said.. idiot.

+100. Nicely done.

Had never met or seen him. Ever. She said it was a tall black guy. She googled the bball team.. she said she wasn't sure. The next day she said she thought it was trevor. Later that day she was 110% sure it was trevor. If you look st the steps in how she identified him and decided it was him its clearly mis id.

How is he not acting like he's innocent? In your opinion, what would he do differently? You said he likely did it as if most people agree, but really you just happen to think that from your excellent detective work...

How is he not acting like he's innocent? In your opinion, what would he do differently? You said he likely did it as if most people agree, but really you just happen to think that from your excellent detective work...

Yes, I think it is quite impossible to tell one way or another, from reading newspapers, etc, if Trevor is guilty or not. In fact, I would venture to say he has acted quite responsibly, particularly compared to his counterpart, the video star. If, indeed, TM is innocent, he has handled this situation quite maturely.

Yes, I think it is quite impossible to tell one way or another, from reading newspapers, etc, if Trevor is guilty or not. In fact, I would venture to say he has acted quite responsibly, particularly compared to his counterpart, the video star. If, indeed, TM is innocent, he has handled this situation quite maturely.

Agreed, and I too hope he's innocent, but no way of knowing.

Out of these two "messes" came perfect examples of how to and how not to handle these types of situations. One whined, cried foul and looked for others to blame, and the other did all that was asked, and in some cases more. Who would you want on your team?

After seeing what Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are doing with the media, I think they owe White some royalties. The conservatives in this area that were bashing his media moves should all apologize to him now.

After seeing what Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are doing with the media, I think they owe White some royalties. The conservatives in this area that were bashing his media moves should all apologize to him now.

Let's see......who has proven more: Lebron James or Royce White? (Guess it depends upon what the "prove" criteria are.)

Let's see......who has proven more: Lebron James or Royce White? (Guess it depends upon what the "prove" criteria are.)

well if you compare what White had done in hs to what lebron has done in the nba. White has 2 titles, lebron has 0 nba titles. But I was just saying that White was a head of the curve in this media stuff, it was also a joke.

Who cares what T-shirt he wore? These attacks on Royce are beyond ludicrous. Some people have to trash a young man to feel better about themselves. I don't feel sad for Royce but for those who need to attack him.

What a clown! My points of fact stand for themselves. If you don't like them, you have one choice: don't read them loser.

A careful observer would note that there is no condemnation of Royce, just the statement of facts:

1. Royce craves attention (check)
2. Royce has no one other than himself to blame for where he stands today (check)
3. Ames, Iowa is a dimmer floodlight (ref: #1 above) (check)

From what I've read, since he didn't play for the Gophers, he's free to play the entire season this year. The Gophers won't challenge that.

@jeffborzello: Sources tell me that Royce White will be committing to Iowa State this week.

From what I've read, since he didn't play for the Gophers, he's free to play the entire season this year. The Gophers won't challenge that.

I am unsure about what type of (if any) transfer rules he'd be under, but the big issue is his academics. He needs a waiver from the NCAA in order to play.

+1

Trevor is worse than Royce White (if the allegations are true). Royce is just immature.

Per my sources, Royce did visit the Iowa State campus. It worked out great, since Walker Lee Ashley was also visiting Ames, and so they were able to ride together.

Did they room with Seantrel Henderson while they were there? The thing I love about the 3 of them is they are all so level headed and grounded.

Top Bottom