Rose Bowl thread... Skunks vs Ducks

Humping away their sorrows on the weekend's hunt?

IMO - no fault of Wilson, the coaches call the plays. As much as I despise BB, can't fault him either, the one replay on the kick return looked pretty close. Wisconsin lack of defense is to blame and the fumble by Ama-dude. Those things happen.

Very enjoyable game - especially the ending.

I have to disagree with you.

The TO call on the kick return was BB not knowing the rules. He (or his staff) saw the returner's toe touch the line and thought it should be challenged. I don't think it's even a reviewable play, but if it was, BB had the rule wrong when he thought to challenge it. He deserves some blame for that.

As far as the spike at the end of the game, it was obviously either Wilson or the coaching's fault. It was a terrible decision, and it looked like it was what the WI staff wanted (when they were going to the line, no one seemed to be against Wilson spiking the ball). That's a terrible decision and it has to be either on BB or Wilson.

IMO - no fault of Wilson, the coaches call the plays. As much as I despise BB, can't fault him either, the one replay on the kick return looked pretty close. Wisconsin lack of defense is to blame and the fumble by Ama-dude. Those things happen.

Very enjoyable game - especially the ending.

The play wasn't close. If doorknob and his coaching staff knew the rule beforehand, it was obviously not a close play. I'm 90% sure they didn't know the rule (which I can't say I did either, but I'm not paid millions to lose in the Rose Bowl) which is why they challenged. Even funnier it was not even a reviewable play. I found the Michigan St game 10 times better than this one because those teams could play defense as well. I'm not a fan of either Oregon or Wisconsin because they both will get beat by teams with superior defenses. Wish we could have a superior defense one of these days.

I have to disagree with you.

The TO call on the kick return was BB not knowing the rules. He (or his staff) saw the returner's toe touch the line and thought it should be challenged. I don't think it's even a reviewable play, but if it was, BB had the rule wrong when he thought to challenge it. He deserves some blame for that.

As far as the spike at the end of the game, it was obviously either Wilson or the coaching's fault. It was a terrible decision, and it looked like it was what the WI staff wanted (when they were going to the line, no one seemed to be against Wilson spiking the ball). That's a terrible decision and it has to be either on BB or Wilson.

OK - we can disagree. My opinion is we do not know went through the Wisconsin's staff heads. The fuzzy replay looked very close different than the first replays. Would have been smarter to not use a time out. Walk out there and ask if it is a reviewable call. That saves the time out.

Yes - the coaches should not have had Wilson spike the ball.

I still don't think Wisconsin sniffs roses without Wilson. It will be interesting next season...

Is it just me or did Wilson act pretty nonchalant on that last play? I don't know if it would have made a difference but he sure took his time spiking the ball.

I still don't think Wisconsin sniffs roses without Wilson. It will be interesting next season...

The Badgers are essentially one win away from the Rose Bowl already, re: the Big Ten title game. Even in an off year for UW, Ohio State can't play in the Big Ten Championship game, Penn State will be a mess so all Wisconsin has to do is finish ahead of an OK Purdue team and then two bad teams in Indiana and Illinois. Even if UW is down next year, they are 60 minutes away from the Rose Bowl. Hopefully someone from our division has a great game that night.

Go Gophers!!

If one of the linemen had a brain he would have false-started as soon as he heard the referee's whistle. Dead ball foul, 5-yard penalty.

If one of the linemen had a brain he would have false-started as soon as he heard the referee's whistle. Dead ball foul, 5-yard penalty.

And a 10 second runoff, game over.

10-second runoff, and the scumbags still lose. Thanks to Bielema burning timeouts senselessly, they were boned no matter what. It was beautiful.

The Gophers have won as many Rose Bowls as Wisconsin has the last 2 years.

Great to see Becky get beat again and show her true colors.... what are they going to do next year when they lose pretty much their entire offense and Chryst, but get to keep guys on that "outstanding" defense....

Badgers lay an egg in the Rose Bowl.....Again!

hahahahaha.....way to represent the B1G.

The Badgers are essentially one win away from the Rose Bowl already, re: the Big Ten title game. Even in an off year for UW, Ohio State can't play in the Big Ten Championship game, Penn State will be a mess so all Wisconsin has to do is finish ahead of an OK Purdue team and then two bad teams in Indiana and Illinois. Even if UW is down next year, they are 60 minutes away from the Rose Bowl. Hopefully someone from our division has a great game that night.

Go Gophers!!

Yeah, WI still has some talent returning next season and the tOSU out of the picture, it's a pretty easy path to the Rose Bowl. You never know though, but i'd be pretty surprised if they weren't in the Big 10 Championship game.

I think, given the Big10's bowl performance this year, that UW did OK. The Big10 is not the conference it once was. It's now an average FB and BB conference. As a lifelong B10 fan, I have no explanation for the decline. Perhaps it's just the normal cycle of things.

I think, given the Big10's bowl performance this year, that UW did OK. The Big10 is not the conference it once was. It's now an average FB and BB conference. As a lifelong B10 fan, I have no explanation for the decline. Perhaps it's just the normal cycle of things.

You are right Sir...just like PMS is the normal cycle of things.

10 second runoff. Game over.

As a Gopher fan for over fifty years, I don't understand the lack of loyalty to the Big 10. I always pull for the Big10 team against any other conference team. The Big 10 is down now, I don't know why, but still worthy of support.

I do think the reason for the decline in the Big 10 is that a majority of the top athletes live in the south and would rather play near home or in warm weather than trek up to the north and the cold. Weather and being close to one's family are two factors that a program like MN cannot overcome if these factors play into a recruit's decision as to where to play.

Maybe football but not basketball. The Big 10 is the toughest conference right now in college basketball. 5 teams in the top 20. No other conference has more than 4.

Everyone talks about defenses getting tired and worn out, but I think we saw a role reversal in that the Badger offense was fatigued. Ball had 3 4th quarter carries for 0 yards. That's almost unfathomable.

scaled.php

Courtesy of BHGP. The one thing a pigeye and I can agree on.

Top Bottom